Out Of Contract

Don't blame any of the youngsters leaving us, Ethan Ross has been hyped for a few years but we've seen very little of him to judge. Boys who watch youth games may know better, or watched Raith games for some reason.

I've seen literally about 3/4 minutes of combined footage of him and he looks technically good from that.

If he is talented and we are letting him go, then its shocking business. We need these boys to be the future of our club - instead of signing Teddy Jenks on loan or offering McGinn new deals which both push Ethan further down the pecking order. It's a no brainer from him. Plus Sunderland or Blackburn are both big teams.

I'm a bit annoyed 1) he hasn't had a decent chance before now and 2) we're not doing enough to keep him.

Every chance he has the same agent as Archie Mair & Terry Taylor who were both advised to move on.

20 minutes ago, The_Next_Legend said:

Don't blame any of the youngsters leaving us, Ethan Ross has been hyped for a few years but we've seen very little of him to judge. Boys who watch youth games may know better, or watched Raith games for some reason.

I've seen literally about 3/4 minutes of combined footage of him and he looks technically good from that.

If he is talented and we are letting him go, then its shocking business. We need these boys to be the future of our club - instead of signing Teddy Jenks on loan or offering McGinn new deals which both push Ethan further down the pecking order. It's a no brainer from him. Plus Sunderland or Blackburn are both big teams.

I'm a bit annoyed 1) he hasn't had a decent chance before now and 2) we're not doing enough to keep him.

Every chance he has the same agent as Archie Mair & Terry Taylor who were both advised to move on.

Ross came back from loan on January and was hardly used, even under the new management. 

It's not a surprise that he's attracted to overtures from other clubs as he probably thinks a fresh start might be for the best. 

• Upvote 1

Underscore for brought to the club by Glass

Italics for contract extended by Glass

May 2021

Michael Devlin

Ethan Ross 

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Jack Gurr

Funso Ojo 

Miko Virtanen

Ryan Hedges

Teddy Jenks - on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion

Niall McGinn

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

May 2023

Gary Woods

Jack Mackenzie

Declan Gallagher

Dean Campbell

Scott Brown

Matty Kennedy

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Connor McLennan

Christian Ramirez

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez - on loan at Atlanta United

Calvin Ramsay

Ross McCrorie

Lewis Ferguson

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Thought Ross was gone

Ross and Devlin not signed anywhere at the moment but aye looks like they are heading elsewhere. 

They are different to Taylor, Hoban, Leigh and Logan who we have released to free transfer.

Ross has been deleted from Dons website but not Devlin

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Big squad. 

22 (not counting Devlin and Hernandez) 

We'll need to start shifting a few to make space for the other additions most feel we still need 

McInnes went with a squad of 25 the last couple of seasons.

Two centre backs (one first pick and one backup), a striker (backup) and a winger (first pick) will probably be fine presuming we keep Ferguson.

If we get that its 26 and you'd expect there are a few candidates to move out on loan until January to balance it out.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes went with a squad of 25 the last couple of seasons.

Two centre backs (one first pick and one backup), a striker (backup) and a winger (first pick) will probably be fine presuming we keep Ferguson.

If we get that its 26 and you'd expect there are a few candidates to move out on loan until January to balance it out.

Still feels like a squad lacking pace as well eh? 

17 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Ross and Devlin not signed anywhere at the moment but aye looks like they are heading elsewhere. 

They are different to Taylor, Hoban, Leigh and Logan who we have released to free transfer.

Ross has been deleted from Dons website but not Devlin

Imagine Ross is now a free agent as contract has expired with us and he's looking elsewhere.

Devlin i thought had signed up until Jan but could be wrong.

Just now, thedandydon said:

Imagine Ross is now a free agent as contract has expired with us and he's looking elsewhere.

Devlin i thought had signed up until Jan but could be wrong.

Ethan Ross is a free agent you could say. He's not really though as we'll be due £200k or so for him.

I'm sure we'll need to accept less in the end but no problem to hold our ground and make him sweat for the next month.

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Still feels like a squad lacking pace as well eh? 

100% that looked a big problem last season and we have not addressed it in this transfer window, although admittedly I've never seen Ramirez, Gurr or Jenks.

Gallagher, Brown and JET are all super slow.

We really are striving to get to Hearts level aren’t we?

it’s like reading WHS & his delusional excitement of bang average signings at start of every season since he started posting on here. Half the posts are trying to convince themselves into believing these signings are better than they are.

I have never been so unimpressed in a first summer transfer window of a new manager & that is saying something 

Folk hate that there is a wee devil on their shoulder poking them saying ‘he’s got a point’ but we’ll deny it ?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We really are striving to get to Hearts level aren’t we?

it’s like reading WHS & his delusional excitement of bang average signings at start of every season since he started posting on here. Half the posts are trying to convince themselves into believing these signings are better than they are.

I rhave never been so unimpressed in a first summer transfer window of a new manager & that is saying something 

Folk hate that there is a wee devil on their shoulder poking them saying ‘he’s got a point’ but we’ll deny it ?

Surely that's a good sign then if you're not impressed.