Out Of Contract

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Did Mackenzie get a deal to 2025?  Bloody hell 

Seems ridiculous that Cormack okayed this considering we now know he wanted to fire Glass in October. He should have told Glass that all contract negotiations were being put on hold till the summer, pending a review of his performance

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Seems ridiculous that Cormack okayed this considering we now know he wanted to fire Glass in October. He should have told Glass that all contract negotiations were being put on hold till the summer, pending a review of his performance

Aye, mental he was even given a transfer window too when they club nearly binned him in October.

Whole Glass saga has been a complete disaster since minute 1, most obvious appointment and Cormack tried to treat the fans like idiots 

33 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Think Cormack seen McKenzie as a sellable asset so was fine extending the deal. 

Update to incoporate comments above, canna edit.

May 2022

Andrew Considine - No new deal to be offered.

Michael Devlin.

Funso Ojo - No new deal to be offered.

Teddy Jenks - on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion

Adam Montgomery

Dylan McGeough - No new deal to be offered.

May 2023

Jonny Hayes

Gary Woods - Told free to find new club

Declan Gallagher

Dean Campbell - Told free to find new club

Matty Kennedy

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Told free to find new club

Marley Watkins

Connor McLennan - Told free to find new club

Christian Ramirez - Formally requested move back to USA.

May 2024

Joe Lewis - Told free to find new club

David Bates

Dante Polvara

Calvin Ramsay

Kieran Ngwenya

Connor Barron

Lewis Ferguson

May 2025

Jack Mackenzie

May 2026

Vicente Besiujen

Ross McCrorie

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

His wife on Instagram saying they would miss Hayes kids, could easily be for the school holidays. ??

Ah so 2+2=5, some folk are mental, mibi he is off mibi he isnt but like you said could be a holiday, doubt they have been back stateside since they came to scotland, plus if there kids are starting school it could be the peter kjear thing all over again

6 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Update to incoporate comments above, canna edit.

May 2022

Andrew Considine - No new deal to be offered.

Michael Devlin.

Funso Ojo - No new deal to be offered.

Teddy Jenks - on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion

Adam Montgomery

Dylan McGeough - No new deal to be offered.

May 2023

Jonny Hayes

Gary Woods - Told free to find new club

Declan Gallagher

Dean Campbell - Told free to find new club

Matty Kennedy

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Told free to find new club

Marley Watkins

Connor McLennan - Told free to find new club

Christian Ramirez - Formally requested move back to USA.

May 2024

Joe Lewis - Told free to find new club

David Bates

Dante Polvara

Calvin Ramsay

Kieran Ngwenya

Connor Barron

Lewis Ferguson

May 2025

Jack Mackenzie

May 2026

Vicente Besiujen

Ross McCrorie

The chances are that Jenks and Montgommery won't return, whilst Ferguson will be sold.

Who knows what the fuck is going on with Devlin.

Kennedy should be told to find a new club as well (Goodwin has said he likes him, which is worrying as we need to stop with the style over substance losers). 

42 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The chances are that Jenks and Montgommery won't return, whilst Ferguson will be sold.

Who knows what the fuck is going on with Devlin.

Kennedy should be told to find a new club as well (Goodwin has said he likes him, which is worrying as we need to stop with the style over substance losers). 

The fact he tried to sign Kennedy twice suggests he likes him.

Fuck knows why.

Injury prone, rarely scores or assists.

St Johnstone was his level.

Someone remind Jim he’s not managing St Mirren anymore please. 

On 4/7/2022 at 12:41 AM, BonnieDon said:

Absolutely loving Goodwins ruthlessness. All the players the majority of folk recognize as not good enough being moved on. 

Just hope all the excitement is followed up by the signing of decent replacements.

Wonder if now is the right time to be doing this though.. fuck things up against County and we could be in a scrap to avoid finishing 11th, then we're relying on a bunch of folk who have been told to GTF to keep us out of the playoff, or to win a playoff if we end up in it.

Perhaps the club's hand has been forced here, hope it doesn't cause a number of these guys to down tools and then bite us in the arse. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

LOL…. Which they won after he left.

He’s not good enough. 
He’s shown that far too often. 

Oh & he’s another perma crock.

Unfortunately he’ll stay as JG likes him.

We’ll not progress if Kennedy is a first team regular.  

To be fair to him he’s only really had 1 injury (albeit a bad one) hasn’t he? I wouldn’t describe him as a perms-crock.

Agree he’s pish though and we need better.

• 3 weeks later...

This summer is going to be the biggest overhaul of the squad we’ve ever had in one window. It has to be.

This chat from Goodwin rgds five players he got to be BS.

Only players we’re likely to keep/still have that are around first team squad (other than kids) will be McCrorie, Barron, Vinny & Polvara.

all the shite will be gone ? & clearly Ferguson & Ramsay will be sold.

Be nice if we get a wee fee for Ramirez but doubt it.

yes I am being foolishly optimistic that Gallagher/Bates will be binned also

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

This summer is going to be the biggest overhaul of the squad we’ve ever had in one window. It has to be.

Only players we’re likely to keep/still have that are around first team squad (other than kids) will be McCrorie, Barron, Vinny & Polvara.

From what others have said they've heard Polvara is no use - wouldn't be surprised if he's loaned out somewhere, or maybe moves back to play for Atlanta 2 or something. Disappointing if true - but I would've thought he'd have had some game time by now if he was any use, given how terrible we've been.

I think we'll end up still having Lewis, Gallagher, Bates, Barron, McCrorie, MacKenzie, Besoujin, Kennedy, McLennan, Hayes, Watkins here next season. I'd get rid of most of them and just keep those you mentioned, but I don't think it'll be that easy unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Polvara??? Based on what?

Gallagher is decent SPL level, bombscare Bates is the worry.

Hayes is a very good professional and squad player to have, I'll add Kennedy to your list as it's clear that Goodwin rates him and hopefully Lewis if nothing other than to annoy the life out of you. 

17 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Polvara??? Based on what?

Gallagher is decent SPL level, bombscare Bates is the worry.

Hayes is a very good professional and squad player to have, I'll add Kennedy to your list as it's clear that Goodwin rates him and hopefully Lewis if nothing other than to annoy the life out of you. 

Polvara based on maybe we haven’t seen him or know anything about him because of slow return since operation & him not being anywhere close to speed on professional football yet, let alone Scottish football. I’m not sure we would write him off so quick when there are countless other (proven) known shite players needing binned. 
Lewis a few years ago was good. Lewis now & being one of the top earners needs offloading asap. 

Gallacher is also utter shite (even at SPFL level top end) & is on a ridiculous wage for what he offers 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Michael Ruth, Luke Turner and Tyler Mykyta not being offered new deals. 

No surprises there. Be interesting to see what level Luke turner ends up signing at. Been getting decent reviews but always hard to tell how good a level he is playing at. Wouldn't have said he stood out when he was at Turriff.

4 hours ago, slippers said:

No surprises there. Be interesting to see what level Luke turner ends up signing at. Been getting decent reviews but always hard to tell how good a level he is playing at. Wouldn't have said he stood out when he was at Turriff.

Also got the impression from a recent article that he was very happy where he was. Perhaps keen to stay. 

I'm not sure if he is out of contract but Micheal Hector would show real intent but alas I can't see it. It'll mainly be players we've never heard of,  even jonny russel or hal Robson kanu but again that's to ambitious for us. 

Wrong thread. 

23 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

So, we were offering him £100k on a 1 yr deal.

What are Cove offering? £60k a yr for 2 seasons?

It truly is the afc banter years!