Out Of Contract

I think I'd keep Dean Campbell. 

In fact I definitely would keep Dean Campbell. 

He stalled a little, but he's still young. 

Think it's premature to ejaculate him from the squad. 

Keep Dean Campbell, you fucking cunt. 

@Whoever'sthemanagerthisweek

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think I'd keep Dean Campbell. 

In fact I definitely would keep Dean Campbell. 

He stalled a little, but he's still young. 

Think it's premature to ejaculate him from the squad. 

Keep Dean Campbell, you fucking cunt. 

@Whoever'sthemanagerthisweek

He’s been market corrected by polvara 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

As a football player on a 2-3 year contract you know you need to do well to earn yourself another one. If you've been dire for those 2-3 seasons and contributed to one of the worst seasons in the last 30 years, you can't be expecting a new contract. If you've got another year to go on your contract and every time you get on the park you're useless you shouldn't be surprised or annoyed when the manager politely tells you that you're not in his plans for next season and that you should try and find yourself a new club. They've no-one to blame but themselves. 

THis, end of the day Goodwin has said some home truths which many of the squad haven't liked.

Ojo is an example of this, been pish for most of the time here, and came out and said he'd have been happy to sit his contract out as it was that good

On 5/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, The Gee Man said:

Hopefully Goodwin learns some class , not loving the way he is treating players at moment. To much “honesty” about players who are leaving. A bit of dignity required 

?

Did you say the same when Fergie done exactly the same thing? & with regards far far better players actually. 

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

You do realise potential targets hear him slagging his players and will not sign for us! Dangerous road to go down

Only players with not enough confidence in themselves would even think that way & I’d prefer we didn’t sign players with that weak mentality anyway. That’s the types he’s trying to weed out ?

11 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

You do realise potential targets hear him slagging his players and will not sign for us! Dangerous road to go down

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Goodwin slagging any players publicly? I think he's tried to answer questions diplomatically and behind the scenes been quite honest with players so that they have plenty time to look for other clubs. Personally, if I wasn't going to be part of the manager's plans I'd welcome that.  

8 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Goodwin slagging any players publicly? I think he's tried to answer questions diplomatically and behind the scenes been quite honest with players so that they have plenty time to look for other clubs. Personally, if I wasn't going to be part of the manager's plans I'd welcome that.  

Try giving me my notice and see how much effort you get.

35 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He pretty much did with Jet, if you really want an example 

Don't think he slagged him off. He said when he joined he wanted players who were fit and energetic, he later said JET wasn't being picked because he had gone to work on his fitness. Everyone knows he was a big fat lump who could barely move and couldn't last more than 5 minutes. He wasn't fit to do his job.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Have we announced our released list yet? 

probably doing the decent thing by Consi and leaving todays media to be about him only.

Surely be tomorrow and cant see there being any surprises. All the out of contracts and loan players to go.

The days of saying those two are on the transfer list are long gone so those expecting that to happen will be left disappointed

31 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

No real shocks that none of those have been offered a new deal, sure many more have been encouraged to find new clubs

Yeah I was thinking that - I'm sure there will be others effectively told they're not needed and to try and find another club - McLennan, Kennedy, Woods, Campbell etc

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Missing Devlin?

And McGinn and Hedges. So we've lost 14. Surely we should be looking to sign about 10 to replace them and promote some from the youth?

Also worth pointing out that Devlin and Ojo were out of contract last season but Glass gave them extensions. Possibly even McGinn as well.

Another interesting point is that Goodwin obviously doesn't rate Ojo but was pretty much forced to play him every week. Just shows how much of a shambles he was left.

42 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Another interesting point is that Goodwin obviously doesn't rate Ojo but was pretty much forced to play him every week. Just shows how much of a shambles he was left.

Someone tweeted on Sunday that he has played (either as sub or starting) 40 games for us this season. That sums up our season. 

42 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

McGeouch made 27 starts since signing in January 2020. I really hope he wasn't one of the ones who threw their toys out the pram! 

McGeouch was getting towards being one of the best players in the league at Hibs.

He utterly fucked up by going to Sunderland.

42 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McGeouch was getting towards being one of the best players in the league at Hibs.

He utterly fucked up by going to Sunderland.

Not sure what the real issue was - I thought he looked pretty good every time he played for us - certainly a much better option than Ojo in midfield who seemed to get far more games. Obviously his fitness was an issue with picking up a lot of injuries, but even when he was fit he seemed to be stuck on the bench all the time. He's the kind of midfielder we needed at times who can keep the ball moving quickly - I guess Barron is doing that now, but for large chunks of the season our midfield 3 has been a combination of Ferguson and Brown who slow things down to snails pace, Ojo who's utter cack, and McCrorie who's second touch is always a lunging sliding tackle when he plays in midfield.

Anyway, glad he's gone as no point having a high wage earner who never plays.

• 1 month later...

Could do with a wee update here @Tord31

get an idea of first team squad numbers also given JG’s 22 man squad statement 

I fail to see an argument for ‘quality over quantity’ with a 22 man squad that ‘currently’ lists fkn McLennan, Kennedy, Watkins & a few others diminishing that ‘quality’ number quite substantially 

• Upvote 1