Out Of Contract

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hayes was brilliant at Snake mountain last week and looked decent when he came on against Hearts.  If he keeps that up I'd give him another year

Agreed. Given his age and his all-action style, I reckon Hayes might need to become a player that's used selectively, if we're going to get the best out of him. 

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Agreed. Given his age and his all-action style, I reckon Hayes might need to become a player that's used selectively, if we're going to get the best out of him. 

Hayes is a good player…we should be keeping him. Players like Jenks, Longstaff and Gurr are offering absolutely zero to the team so they should be moved on as quickly as possible. We paid a fee for Hernández so he will be back unless Atlanta are definitely concluding underhand dealings with us.

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Hayes is a good player…we should be keeping him. Players like Jenks, Longstaff and Gurr are offering absolutely zero to the team so they should be moved on as quickly as possible. We paid a fee for Hernández so he will be back unless Atlanta are definitely concluding underhand dealings with us.

If a deal is agreed for Hernandez it all but confirms how dodgy this deal is. Hes hardly playing and when he does play he doesn't get very good reviews. It would be like us renewing the Jack Gurr deal.  

17 minutes ago, slippers said:

If a deal is agreed for Hernandez it all but confirms how dodgy this deal is. Hes hardly playing and when he does play he doesn't get very good reviews. It would be like us renewing the Jack Gurr deal.  

I wouldn’t put it past us to extend the Gurr deal. There is definitely some dodgy dealings happening with Atlanta.

35 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Jenks and Longstaff finding new loans in England seems like a no brainer.

Loan out Gurr, Kennedy, Ruth and McLennan out. (dont even care how much £/week we bring in before anyone says that)

Release Devlin.

Surely find enough ££ there to get a striker and winger

The only problem is I think we have Longstaff until the end of the season…not sure about Jenks. 
Cormack and his cronies have plenty cash…they can easily finance another striker and a winger if Glass deems it necessary.

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

The only problem is I think we have Longstaff until the end of the season…not sure about Jenks. 
Cormack and his cronies have plenty cash…they can easily finance another striker and a winger if Glass deems it necessary.

All three of the loans are full season but it benefits everyone if they can get a new one sorted.

7 hours ago, Tord31 said:

All three of the loans are full season but it benefits everyone if they can get a new one sorted.

I certainly don’t disagree as the standard of player has been poor. We need to up our game with the loans. I know we will not get a finished product but we really only need to add players if they can bring something to the team that none of our own younger lads can’t. 

7 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I certainly don’t disagree as the standard of player has been poor. We need to up our game with the loans. I know we will not get a finished product but we really only need to add players if they can bring something to the team that none of our own younger lads can’t. 

Yup, so far Samuels looks miles off the standard - is he offering anything that someone like Ryan Duncan couldn't have offered? ie filling a space on the bench and coming on for 5-10 mins occasionally. Jenks is hopeless - must be a young lad at the club who could occasionally sit on the bench and pick up a few minutes here and there instead of him.

Can see Longstaff hanging around IF Ferguson is sold, if not him and Jenks away! Gurr could possibly be loaned to a championship club(Scotland) for the rest of the season. Devlin away hopefully better for all, maybe warmer climbs to help his well being. Hedges away so this means we could get in CH, Winger and Striker and maybe a new Number 1

4 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Can see Longstaff hanging around IF Ferguson is sold, if not him and Jenks away! Gurr could possibly be loaned to a championship club(Scotland) for the rest of the season. Devlin away hopefully better for all, maybe warmer climbs to help his well being. Hedges away so this means we could get in CH, Winger and Striker and maybe a new Number 1

Loans sitting on the bench blocking our own youth development was also a criticism of the previous management team.

I can sympathise a wee bit this summer as he was trying to build a squad quickly and made a few punts (Gurr, Jenks, Samuels in particular) but hopefully we get less of this moving forward.

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Loans sitting on the bench blocking our own youth development was also a criticism of the previous management team.

I can sympathise a wee bit this summer as he was trying to build a squad quickly and made a few punts (Gurr, Jenks, Samuels in particular) but hopefully we get less of this moving forward.

Ramsay and MacKenzie have been given a chance.

Campbell has also stepped in to cover a few games this season.

the loan players aren't really stopping the youth get an opportunity, are they? Who else from the youth team do you think should get an opportunity.

20 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Ramsay and MacKenzie have been given a chance.

Campbell has also stepped in to cover a few games this season.

the loan players aren't really stopping the youth get an opportunity, are they? Who else from the youth team do you think should get an opportunity.

The discussion was more about our own youth getting potential opportunities off the bench rather than Gurr, Jenks, Samuels. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The discussion was more about our own youth getting potential opportunities off the bench rather than Gurr, Jenks, Samuels. 

Have Gurr, Jenks and Samuels featured from the bench of late?

But ok, I see your point. 

who then do we have in the youth team that can take those spots and are ready to make a difference if called upon.

23 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Have Gurr, Jenks and Samuels featured from the bench of late?

But ok, I see your point. 

who then do we have in the youth team that can take those spots and are ready to make a difference if called upon.

I'm not an expert on the youth team players but there are some here who have that knowledge. 

Its more a question whether paying for another club's players to sit on the bench and barely feature is a better philosophy or not than  letting your own youngsters have that potential opportunity to aid their development.

I'm not against using the loan system to bring in choice players that will immediately improve the starting eleven but you have to question the value of having the likes of Jenks, Samuels and Longstaff sitting on the bench for the full 90 minutes most weeks.  Some weeks they haven't even made the matchday squad.

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not an expert on the youth team players but there are some here who have that knowledge. 

Its more a question whether paying for another club's players to sit on the bench and barely feature is a better philosophy or not than  letting your own youngsters have that potential opportunity to aid their development.

I'm not against using the loan system to bring in choice players that will immediately improve the starting eleven but you have to question the value of having the likes of Jenks, Samuels and Longstaff sitting on the bench for the full 90 minutes most weeks.  Some weeks they haven't even made the matchday squad.

It seems our promising youth have also been loaned out to get more game time.

Probably should be better than sitting on a bench gathering splinters.

I don't monitor our players loaned out (Michael Ruth, Kieran Ngwenya, Ryan Duncan, Tyler Mykita, Connor Barron, Kevion Hanratty, Mark Gallagher etc) but could be worth a separate thread to track how they are doing.

Only seem to hear of Mason Hancock being a potential player but certainly from how we've shuffled the defence of late, its not yet the right time to blood him in.

15 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

It seems our promising youth have also been loaned out to get more game time.

Probably should be better than sitting on a bench gathering splinters.

I don't monitor our players loaned out (Michael Ruth, Kieran Ngwenya, Ryan Duncan, Tyler Mykita, Connor Barron, Kevion Hanratty, Mark Gallagher etc) but could be worth a separate thread to track how they are doing.

Only seem to hear of Mason Hancock being a potential player but certainly from how we've shuffled the defence of late, its not yet the right time to blood him in.

There is a young Dons thread somewhere here.  There was also a loan watch thread at one point.

On the original point, there's a big difference between loaning someone like Maddison, Christie or Ward compared to just loading up your bench.  We have plenty of players employed here who can sit on the bench.  I'd rather we brought in one good loan that's going to improve the starting eleven  like the ones mentioned above than take in three mediocre ones who contribute very little.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There is a young Dons thread somewhere here.  There was also a loan watch thread at one point.

On the original point, there's a big difference between loaning someone like Maddison, Christie or Ward compared to just loading up your bench.  We have plenty of players employed here who can sit on the bench.  I'd rather we brought in one good loan that's going to improve the starting eleven  like the ones mentioned above than take in three mediocre ones who contribute very little.

Its a tough balance and there is a knock on effect.

Letting our promising players to go out on loan, get game time and allow the even younger player to play up could be beneficial in the long run.

Did someone not post the other day we have a young 14 year old loon that played and bossed the game against Bank O Dee U18's. does he get the oppotunity to step up is we don't create space in our youth 

I get the easy looking at only the the direct first team impact, but there will be a long term lookahead as to how we prepare the elite to come through the ranks

15 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Its a tough balance and there is a knock on effect.

Letting our promising players to go out on loan, get game time and allow the even younger player to play up could be beneficial in the long run.

Did someone not post the other day we have a young 14 year old loon that played and bossed the game against Bank O Dee U18's. does he get the oppotunity to step up is we don't create space in our youth 

I get the easy looking at only the the direct first team impact, but there will be a long term lookahead as to how we prepare the elite to come through the ranks

Yep its a fine balance and it's an area that divides opinion.  Which makes it a valid discussion to question whether we're getting value out of the loan market. 

I just don't like having other clubs' players unless they're contributing in the first team. 

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yup, so far Samuels looks miles off the standard - is he offering anything that someone like Ryan Duncan couldn't have offered? ie filling a space on the bench and coming on for 5-10 mins occasionally. Jenks is hopeless - must be a young lad at the club who could occasionally sit on the bench and pick up a few minutes here and there instead of him.

None of the summer loan signings have made a positive impact on the team. Everyone of them has been a let down and certainly will not be missed when they return to their clubs. 
It will be interesting to see what Glass does during the next window in regards to loan signings…I would like to think he will be a lot more fussier in who he takes.

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Is Ryan Duncan injured? Doesn’t seem to have featured much for Peterhead

20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Quite thankful for all the loans actually.

they have filled slots that Glass could potentially have filled with 2 year contract shite players.

Glass has signed an awful lot of shit players. I hope he has learned by this and is better prepared for the January transfer window. In the summer he had to quickly assemble a team and obviously took big chances on quite a few players. He better bring in a decent standard of player or no one is going to take him seriously after this window.

46 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Glass has signed an awful lot of shit players. I hope he has learned by this and is better prepared for the January transfer window. In the summer he had to quickly assemble a team and obviously took big chances on quite a few players. He better bring in a decent standard of player or no one is going to take him seriously after this window.

Head of recruitment will hopefully stop shit players being signed. He’s had a decent amount of time to have found quality targets for January