Out Of Contract

27 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Head of recruitment will hopefully stop shit players being signed. He’s had a decent amount of time to have found quality targets for January 

It will be interesting who Mowbray has us lined up as targets. It can’t be any worse than Russ Richardson’s surely?! 

Plus the fact we now have the internet and a computer at the club now (thanks to technology savvy Dave Cormack) we don’t have to concentrate just on the usual run of the mill British players. 

The recruitment in summer was definitely poor. Gurr, JET and all the loans just not good enough. Gallagher and Bates have underperformed the majority of their time so far as well. 

Pretty sure Glass also said at one point loans would only be used to improve the starting 11. Jenks, Longstaff and Samuels don’t improve the starting 11. Longstaff especially is probably costing us a fortune too.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It will be interesting who Mowbray has us lined up as targets. It can’t be any worse than Russ Richardson’s surely?! 

Plus the fact we now have the internet and a computer at the club now (thanks to technology savvy Dave Cormack) we don’t have to concentrate just on the usual run of the mill British players. 

It will be, hopefully he has some gems up his sleeve and not taking Ash Taylor back for a third stint

Russ Richardson didn’t scout players for at least three seasons, he just seen which former Aberdeen players he could take back or players he’d scouted years ago are now available. Saved him a lot of time and hassle

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

The recruitment in summer was definitely poor. Gurr, JET and all the loans just not good enough. Gallagher and Bates have underperformed the majority of their time so far as well. 

Pretty sure Glass also said at one point loans would only be used to improve the starting 11. Jenks, Longstaff and Samuels don’t improve the starting 11. Longstaff especially is probably costing us a fortune too.

Jenks and Longstaff are severely lacking from confidence. Both youngsters and in need of first team football. They are good players even though their performances for us may suggest otherwise. I think we'll see what they are truly all about now that the entire team has regained a little boost from the past weeks results. They just need a run of games in a performing side. 

I've been impressed overall with Samuels. He's only 19. He's still a raw talent but he has the potential to be a very decent player for us. Optimistic he'll do well for us this season. With Watkins, Hedges and Ramirez performing as they are he may have to bide his time.

Gallagher looked solid and more like what I had expected against Hibs up until his injury. He'll turn good.

Bates gives me the scares whenever the ball goes near him. I thought he looked solid on his debut but he's become somewhat of a calamity at the back since then.

Much like Jon Gallagher, Gurr was a cheap option that provides backup. Nothing more. I do agree he appears a little out of his depths at this level.

Brown and Watkins have been superb signing so far.

7 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Jenks and Longstaff are severely lacking from confidence. Both youngsters and in need of first team football. They are good players even though their performances for us may suggest otherwise. I think we'll see what they are truly all about now that the entire team has regained a little boost from the past weeks results. They just need a run of games in a performing side. 

I've been impressed overall with Samuels. He's only 19. He's still a raw talent but he has the potential to be a very decent player for us. Optimistic he'll do well for us this season. With Watkins, Hedges and Ramirez performing as they are he may have to bide his time.

Gallagher looked solid and more like what I had expected against Hibs up until his injury. He'll turn good.

Bates gives me the scares whenever the ball goes near him. I thought he looked solid on his debut but he's become somewhat of a calamity at the back since then.

Much like Jon Gallagher, Gurr was a cheap option that provides backup. Nothing more. I do agree he appears a little out of his depths at this level.

Brown and Watkins have been superb signing so far.

How do you know they're lacking in confidence? 

The evidence we have seen so far (limited I admit) suggests they aren't very good at all

And if the side is performing well, the manager isn't likely to change it to give said players a run of games. When they did play, we were generally shite.

As for Samuels, all I've seen so far (again admittedly very limited) is that he is quick. He certainly did produce the worst cross Ive ever seen.......and I've seen some shite ones through the years. From the edge of the 6 yard box to going out for a throw 35 yards up the pitch. A defender would have been fairly pleased with doing that as a clearance.

I do agree with the rest of what you say fwiw though

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Longstaff has been alright. Folk on here are fucking weirdos. 

He looks like he's running through treacle any time I've seen him

Also seems frightened of the ball and is like a deer in the headlights when he gets the ball

FOr someone at a "premier league" club he's certainly nowhere near the level you'd hope for/expect (same as Jenks a wee bit I guess)

12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

As for Samuels, all I've seen so far (again admittedly very limited) is that he is quick. He certainly did produce the worst cross Ive ever seen.......and I've seen some shite ones through the years. From the edge of the 6 yard box to going out for a throw 35 yards up the pitch. A defender would have been fairly pleased with doing that as a clearance.

I feel THAT cross will be the legacy Samuels leaves behind when he returns south - it's what we'll be telling our grandkids about in 50 years time.

3 hours ago, NEM said:

So you keep saying every time you go against the majority view. Maybe it’s you who’s the weirdo?! ??‍♂️ 

Fairly certain it’s not the case. He’s done fuck all wrong but hasn’t got in the team because our midfield is strong. 

For what it’s worth, any cunt with thousands of posts on an internet football forum is a bit of a weirdo. Myself included.

34 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Fairly certain it’s not the case. He’s done fuck all wrong but hasn’t got in the team because our midfield is strong. 

For what it’s worth, any cunt with thousands of posts on an internet football forum is a bit of a weirdo. Myself included.

He’s costing us a fortune and has looked average at best (most would say pish) when he has played. 

Was a ridiculous signing from the off 

7 hours ago, NEM said:

He’s costing us a fortune and has looked average at best (most would say pish) when he has played. 

Was a ridiculous signing from the off 

I think he’s played alright the games I’ve seen him play. Without a run of games we won’t know how good he is. 

Id imagine we thought we were losing Ferguson in the summer so that’s why he was brought in.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

I think he’s played alright the games I’ve seen him play. Without a run of games we won’t know how good he is. 

Id imagine we thought we were losing Ferguson in the summer so that’s why he was brought in.

Against Celtic (for example) he literally looked like a lost boy and it felt like Steven Hawking during a power cut would've moved quicker than him.

Seen the odd moment of quality but by in large he's another younger player from the premier league who's not able to cut it up here

He might be a good player if he gets a run in the team. But the fact he can't get into the team is the very reason it was a completely pointless loan signing. Even if Ferguson left, we had a ready made replacement in McGeouch or could have played Ojo in position. It was bizarre but its done now and hopefully Glass has learnt about what he needs before the January window

36 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Jenks is fucking murder.

No way did we know about him prior to the Hibs/Brighton link.

Poods prob scouted him.

His Youtube "highlights" video was all anyone needed to watch to realise he was going to be mince. Most players can be made to look good through a compilation of clips, but his were all of him missing changes, misplacing passes and giving the ball away.

Whatever happened to his dad or uncle or whoever it was that posted on here when he first joined?

37 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Whens Ronnie Hernandez due back from his loan? Must be soon, not that I expect him to set foot in Aberdeen ever again.

Interesting mls season ends on Monday, RH was only loaned for the season so ends next week ?

update*~could make play offs which could extend to mid December, so few weeks off back end of January 

• 2 months later...

Underline for brought to the club by Glass

Italics for contract extended by Glass

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Michael Devlin.

Funso Ojo 

Teddy Jenks - on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion

Adam Montgomery

Jonny Hayes

May 2023

Gary Woods