Out Of Contract

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

How so?  if anything it shows you his level.

Well for a supposed massive dons fan for him to turn it down & the coaching stinks of pish & banter.

49 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

It truly is the afc banter years! 

Considine and Agent the laughing stock here.  No way the Cove huns are paying more than us per week and he had a guaranteed coaching job (good chance for life) when he retired from playing if he'd signed the contract from us.  Nothing to say he wouldn't have gotten another playing extension as well if he'd featured regularly next season.

I'm sure he'll reflect on that when he's playing on a shitey plastic pitch in front of 500 gimps huddled under plastic B&Q sheds in the freezing fog next season.

Least he'll manage to buy a pie with shrapnel though @caledonia ?

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Considine and Agent the laughing stock here.  No way the Cove huns are paying more than us per week and he had a guaranteed coaching job (good chance for life) when he retired from playing if he'd signed the contract from us.  Nothing to say he wouldn't have gotten another playing extension as well if he'd featured regularly next season.

I'm sure he'll reflect on that when he's playing on a shitey plastic pitch in front of 500 gimps huddled under plastic B&Q sheds in the freezing fog next season.

Least he'll manage to buy a pie with shrapnel though @caledonia ?

Yeah I know fuck the useless cunt! Probably would have played 8 games tops if he had stayed! 

32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We'll probably get some news out of Pittodrie next week now we're officially 'safe' 

Considine, Ojo, McGeouch, Ruth, Jenks and Montgomery out of contract after these two games? 

Joining Brown, Devlin and JET as being scored off the list.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Considine, Ojo, McGeouch, Ruth, Jenks and Montgomery out of contract after these two games? 

Even if you only count Brown/JET as one since weve obviously paid off some of their earnings for next season then its still 8 out the door before any of our other dross being moved on or our better players being sold.

Easy to see 4-5 being added to that 8/9 by 1st september

surely makes space for 10 in the door

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Aye looks like they're all gone Tord. 

Expecting Ferguson and Ramsay to be off as well. 

And possibly Ramirez despite Goodwin’s interview the other day. 

Then there's the speculation around McLennan and Campbell. 

And you can't see both goalies still being here if we get a new one in. 

Complete rebuild I reckon despite the noise about looking for 5 new players. 

13 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Hopefully Goodwin learns some class , not loving the way he is treating players at moment. To much “honesty” about players who are leaving. A bit of dignity required 

Away min - those useless cunts have been draining a wage for long enough.  Bit of brutal honestly is long overdue for this squad of chancers

• Upvote 7
13 minutes ago, NEM said:

Away min - those useless cunts have been draining a wage for long enough.  Bit of brutal honestly is long overdue for this squad of chancers

Aye, too many thinking they are good players and hiding behind 'unlucky' excuses.  

If Goodwin does nothing else at least he'll purge the club of this toxic group of players. 

13 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Hopefully Goodwin learns some class , not loving the way he is treating players at moment. To much “honesty” about players who are leaving. A bit of dignity required 

Nah. Disagree

Out of contract players know fine they’re not getting offered contracts if they’ve heard nothing by around Mar/Apr (probably earlier).
They’re not that daft.

As for the rumoured contracted players that have been told they’re free to find another club, not one of them is needed in the first team.

• Site Sponsor
32 minutes ago, NEM said:

^^^this

For the last 3 seasons the vast majority of fans have been moaning about what’s happening on the pitch and the quality of fare.

Its been fucking dire.

Goodwin comes along, is given autonomy and in my view, he has quite rightly dished out some home truths.

Too many taking the club for a ride either because they aren’t good enough or it’s been too fucking easy for them to milk the cash cow.

About time someone like Goodwin is brought in to stop the rot and let players see that if they want to play for The Famous, they better want to fight.

Time will tell if Goodwin is the man who will get us back up there again but I have no issue with him having a major clearout and letting players (and backroom staff) know that they’d better shape up. 

I don’t get why those fans who have sat through the last 3 seasons moaning about the quality of viewing at Pittodrie should now berate a manager who has been brought in to sort out the shite, should now be giving it tight to that manager before he’s even signed a player.

The club needs root and branch treatment.

Goodwin has started the pruning and needs time to see the quality of players he can bring in.

Not saying that Goodwin is “The Man”, but he needs time and for me, the club and players who have been here for the past 3 seasons needed a boot in the balls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2