Out Of Contract

On 5/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, The Gee Man said:

Hopefully Goodwin learns some class , not loving the way he is treating players at moment. To much “honesty” about players who are leaving. A bit of dignity required 

He's just saying what 90% of Aberdeen fans have been saying all season. Good on Goodwin for telling these chancers they are not welcome anymore

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

You do realise potential targets hear him slagging his players and will not sign for us! Dangerous road to go down

He's not really slagging them though is he? 

He gambled a bit by telling some early that they were off in the summer but gave them a head start on some other players to try and get fixed up with a gig for next season. 

I doubt the players going out of contract will even be that pissed off about it. 

10 hours ago, Dom Sullivan said:

^^^this

For the last 3 seasons the vast majority of fans have been moaning about what’s happening on the pitch and the quality of fare.

Its been fucking dire.

Goodwin comes along, is given autonomy and in my view, he has quite rightly dished out some home truths.

Too many taking the club for a ride either because they aren’t good enough or it’s been too fucking easy for them to milk the cash cow.

About time someone like Goodwin is brought in to stop the rot and let players see that if they want to play for The Famous, they better want to fight.

Time will tell if Goodwin is the man who will get us back up there again but I have no issue with him having a major clearout and letting players (and backroom staff) know that they’d better shape up. 

I don’t get why those fans who have sat through the last 3 seasons moaning about the quality of viewing at Pittodrie should now berate a manager who has been brought in to sort out the shite, should now be giving it tight to that manager before he’s even signed a player.

The club needs root and branch treatment.

Goodwin has started the pruning and needs time to see the quality of players he can bring in.

Not saying that Goodwin is “The Man”, but he needs time and for me, the club and players who have been here for the past 3 seasons needed a boot in the balls.

What he said

As a football player on a 2-3 year contract you know you need to do well to earn yourself another one. If you've been dire for those 2-3 seasons and contributed to one of the worst seasons in the last 30 years, you can't be expecting a new contract. If you've got another year to go on your contract and every time you get on the park you're useless you shouldn't be surprised or annoyed when the manager politely tells you that you're not in his plans for next season and that you should try and find yourself a new club. They've no-one to blame but themselves. 

• Upvote 1

I think I'd keep Dean Campbell. 

In fact I definitely would keep Dean Campbell. 

He stalled a little, but he's still young. 

Think it's premature to ejaculate him from the squad. 

Keep Dean Campbell, you fucking cunt. 

@Whoever'sthemanagerthisweek

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think I'd keep Dean Campbell. 

In fact I definitely would keep Dean Campbell. 

He stalled a little, but he's still young. 

Think it's premature to ejaculate him from the squad. 

Keep Dean Campbell, you fucking cunt. 

@Whoever'sthemanagerthisweek

He’s been market corrected by polvara 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

As a football player on a 2-3 year contract you know you need to do well to earn yourself another one. If you've been dire for those 2-3 seasons and contributed to one of the worst seasons in the last 30 years, you can't be expecting a new contract. If you've got another year to go on your contract and every time you get on the park you're useless you shouldn't be surprised or annoyed when the manager politely tells you that you're not in his plans for next season and that you should try and find yourself a new club. They've no-one to blame but themselves. 

THis, end of the day Goodwin has said some home truths which many of the squad haven't liked.

Ojo is an example of this, been pish for most of the time here, and came out and said he'd have been happy to sit his contract out as it was that good

On 5/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, The Gee Man said:

Hopefully Goodwin learns some class , not loving the way he is treating players at moment. To much “honesty” about players who are leaving. A bit of dignity required 

?

Did you say the same when Fergie done exactly the same thing? & with regards far far better players actually. 

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

You do realise potential targets hear him slagging his players and will not sign for us! Dangerous road to go down

Only players with not enough confidence in themselves would even think that way & I’d prefer we didn’t sign players with that weak mentality anyway. That’s the types he’s trying to weed out ?

11 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Goodwin slagging any players publicly? I think he's tried to answer questions diplomatically and behind the scenes been quite honest with players so that they have plenty time to look for other clubs. Personally, if I wasn't going to be part of the manager's plans I'd welcome that.  

8 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Goodwin slagging any players publicly? I think he's tried to answer questions diplomatically and behind the scenes been quite honest with players so that they have plenty time to look for other clubs. Personally, if I wasn't going to be part of the manager's plans I'd welcome that.  

Try giving me my notice and see how much effort you get.

35 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He pretty much did with Jet, if you really want an example 

Don't think he slagged him off. He said when he joined he wanted players who were fit and energetic, he later said JET wasn't being picked because he had gone to work on his fitness. Everyone knows he was a big fat lump who could barely move and couldn't last more than 5 minutes. He wasn't fit to do his job.

• Upvote 1