Happy St Andys Day

The Cockney Don

Takes an Englisher to point out it's Scotland's national day :clangers2:

Aye but the day is utterly meaningless in contemporary, post-Christian Scotland.

I saw "ideas to celebrate st andrews day" in the press and it was stuff like "paint a saltire on your face" - puerile guff, needless to say there was no mention of St Andrew / who he was / what he represents etc.

Its a shame how hollowed-out our national identity has become.

• 11 months later...

That's what I meant apart from cars (DACIA FFS) some fantastic woman and generally they all like a party and a drink but they have all those who are more or less peasants or live in Transylvania Weird looking folk who look like Andre the Giant

Ive never driven a Dacia, but thought they were no' bad cars?

The women are class right enough.

As for weird looking folk, never mind Romania - just drive through Govan or Parkhead!

Yes, happy St Andrews Day!

I'm going to celebrate it with silent contemplation of the great achievements of Scots long dead. Our contribution to the Arts, Literature, Medicine and Technology. I'll read my favourite Robert Burns sonnets followed by my favourite passages from the life of Sir Alexander Fleming. A trip to the Sottish National Portrait Gallery to round off the day I think.

Na, fuck it, I'm gonna get pished instead!! :beer:

• 11 months later...

Where's the actual part that says we can't project saltires on to buildings? If that was actually true don't you think Sturgeon et all would be out in force greeting about it. Wings over Scotland is just as bad as Britain First for propaganda.

Should have added who can actually stop the Scottish Government from doing so?

Where's the actual part that says we can't project saltires on to buildings? If that was actually true don't you think Sturgeon et all would be out in force greeting about it. Wings over Scotland is just as bad as Britain First for propaganda.

Should have added who can actually stop the Scottish Government from doing so?

Your a nae richter you go out your way to defend anything anti Scottish

Not allowed to fly our own flag on st andrews day now

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-patron-saint-of-north-britain/#comments

Scroll back up to top

Anyone with more than half a brain cell could see that the removal of "#comments" from the URL would negate having to scroll up.

I can see why you struggled with that, and I can also see why you are so keen for a divorce from the United Kingdom. As you will finally be on the "winning" side of a divorce, unlike when your ex-wife divorced you.

Wings over Scotland is just as bad as Britain First for propaganda.

Absolutely.

Gross misrepresentation, smear campaigns and a pure hatred for those who are not the same are some of the common traits between the two.