Happy St Andys Day

The Cockney Don

so what did you do to celebrate yesterday

What i did, or didn't do isn't relevant to the discussion. What's being discussed is your assertion that marking Scotland's national day is "utter weaponry".

As stated previously, only in Scotland do people have such self-loathing that they hate anything that celebrates Scotland.

• Downvote 1

What i did, or didn't do isn't relevant to the discussion. What's being discussed is your assertion that marking Scotland's national day is "utter weaponry".

As stated previously, only in Scotland do people have such self-loathing that they hate anything that celebrates Scotland.

Check out the brains on Brad.

Pretty obvious that Parklife min. :laughing:

I'd be surprised if other self loathing countries had Scotland as top of their agenda.

What did you do out of interest yesterday? Come on min. Answer the question.

So you did fuck all aye

National day, don't make me laugh.

Is it a public holiday, a day of wide spread celebration? Even an Uber Scot such as yourself didn't celebrate your national day.

You think because I think St Andrew's day

(Made up religious bull shit) is utter weaponry that I am some sort of self loathing person.

Cool.

Are you more Freudian or jungian Dr pondlife?

Of course. That's why I had the :laughing: after it.

Stop avoiding the question.

What did you do to celebrate St. Andrew's day yesterday?

Me and my girlfriend had my parents round for dinner, actually. Not major celebrations however its always good to mark our national day.

Anyway, the issue isnt what I did. The issue is the self-loathers assertion that marking or celebrating your countrys national day is utter weaponry. Seems bizarre to me.

• Downvote 1

So you did fuck all aye

National day, don't make me laugh.

Is it a public holiday, a day of wide spread celebration? Even an Uber Scot such as yourself didn't celebrate your national day.

You think because I think St Andrew's day

(Made up religious bull shit) is utter weaponry that I am some sort of self loathing person.

Cool.

Are you more Freudian or jungian Dr pondlife?

It is indeed a bank holiday. Thanks for asking.

Me and my girlfriend had my parents round for dinner, actually. Not major celebrations however its always good to mark our national day.

Anyway, the issue isnt what I did. The issue is the self-loathers assertion that marking or celebrating your countrys national day is utter weaponry. Seems bizarre to me.

Haggis and a few whiskies?

Wife gave the kids haggis yesterday to celebrate it.

I only know paddy's day date cos it's advertised a lot here. andy's day doesn't even register...so i had no clue (i knew it was andys day on 30 nov in some distant part of my memory) 30 nov is last day before 1st day of summer for me...even though it is pissing down at the moment and floods are expected. i will try to remember last day of spring is scots national day. Where does burns birthday fit in?

I only know paddy's day date cos it's advertised a lot here. andy's day doesn't even register...so i had no clue (i knew it was andys day on 30 nov in some distant part of my memory) 30 nov is last day before 1st day of summer for me...even though it is pissing down at the moment and floods are expected. i will try to remember last day of spring is scots national day. Where does burns birthday fit in?

Burns night is January 25th.

• 11 months later...

^ I have a cracking fish based story from my childhood

Me and my pal (Boner) were fishing in the burn outside my hoose one day and caught a trout. The hook was well stuck in the thing, so Boner just ripped it's head clean aff. I then spotted my neighbour's car coming down the road, so grabbed the troot fae Bones and from around 50ft away - frizbeed it towards the car, hitting him on the face through a small gap on the window

What a row we got - pished ourselves, though

One of my greatest achievements.

+1 an excellent story which deserves to be celebrated more.