Average Attendance 2014-15

I seem to recall the average gate during the fabulous Smith/Scott era, in which we played some of the best football in our entire history (and yes, I hold that up against the Fergie era - their only failure in that era was no significant impact on Europe, but in the present format we'd be in the CL regularly) was around 15500. I see no reason why that isn't an achievable figure now, if/when we can re-establish ourselves as the 2nd force in the country.

Guest RosemountRed

I seem to recall the average gate during the fabulous Smith/Scott era, in which we played some of the best football in our entire history (and yes, I hold that up against the Fergie era - their only failure in that era was no significant impact on Europe, but in the present format we'd be in the CL regularly) was around 15500. I see no reason why that isn't an achievable figure now, if/when we can re-establish ourselves as the 2nd force in the country.

I think, with good marketing, we could aim for even higher.

What kind of marketing could improve our crowds?

Something thats helps people forget old assumptions and memories of our fitba in years gone by and promote the better fitba we play now.

I was a season ticket holder until McGhee and I moved out of the North East for a couple of year (my last game at Pittodrie was the 4-4 against Celtic). Couldn't care less, it was pish. Apathetic.

Wasn't until last season till I went back to a game around November time just to see fit like and seen the quality of the football we we're playing and was impressed at the difference. We lost as well but went on to buy a half season ticket anyway.

If we can target the folk that had at one point been regulars but had been just bored and frustated away at the pish stuff week in week oot then that may help.

Erase old memories and let them form own opinion of being at Pittodrie again.