Average Attendance 2014-15

Milne and Gilbert/AAM converted their loans into share capital with the Donalds putting up the rest (I read somewhere a figure of around £3.5m, or enough to secure a 10% shareholding?). The AFC community trust received a 9% shareholding as a condition of the deal and ordinary shareholders voting rights were to be diluted by a fair proportion which may indeed raise the spectre of a future share or rights issue.

Which I never knew so what happened to the debt due to the bank?

Which reminds me that we've never been posted the accounts and AGM info, or at least I've not got them yet.

Anyone else get the accounts to 30.6.14?

Which reminds me that we've never been posted the accounts and AGM info, or at least I've not got them yet.

I don't know this for certain but I was led to believe Lloyds/HBOS/Whatever were put under pressure by the government (UK or Scot I don't know) to either write off interest on debts of football clubs and to be pro-active in facilitating these kinds of financing deals with solvent clubs. I'm sure all the details will be revealed at the AGM next week but I'd be fairly sure that the Donalds haven't paid £10m - I think a deal has been done where the bank has agreed to write off a sizeable proportion of their £10.4m (?) loan balance in exchange for a realistic and solvent-looking business plan.

The debt on the banks books for most football clubs was listed as "toxic debt" on the balance sheet it had basically a zero value on it. If football as a whole went bust and they gained 0.0000000001p in the pound the balance sheet was going to see a benefit of abou1p so they would still be happy

If the bank got a realistic value to settle the debt then they were doing ok out of it rather than just keeping it ticking over year on year with probably less chance each year of it being paid.

The £10m (or it was probably less than that by time of deal - we had been paying it down monthly most recently) was settled for less that that. That much is obvious.

Deal was I would hazard a guess

some debt forgiven

some debt paid off by the club

some debt paid off by the Donalds

proceeds from Pittodrie above the current valuation

% share in any sales of existing players

Using the 80s is not really an unfair comparison. The European crowds actually increase the average so it would actually be worse if you don't count Europe. And the 80s are a good comparison because it was our most successful period on the park. Lots of people are claiming that if we sort the product on the park, we'll suddenly get averages up to 17-18k - which is simply not true.

Your second point I agree with, but this is not simply done by having a successful team or by lowering prices. If AFC want to get regular attendences up, they need to do something that the club has NEVER done in their history. Offer a much better match day experience. Better catering, better facilities (ie refurb the stadium or build the mythical new one), better marketing, standing section, entertainment pre-match and half time, etc etc. The match day experience at AFC is fucking garbage and that's fine for the 10K who turn up regardless, but if the club want to get the average attendance up to levels they've NEVER been at, then they need to do something they've never done. And that's got fuck all (or certainly a lot less) to do with the product on the park.

Now don't misunderstand my comments. The product on the park is of primary importance, but its not got a whole lot to do with the attendances.

It's not a lazy argument at all. It's a correct statement. Your points on how to get greater numbers along to Pittodrie are absolutely correct, but this is because we need to offer a more inclusive matchday experience because people don't want to come along just to watch a football match - (ie it's not a footballing city) - they want MORE than that.

Success on the park alone, is not enough.

I disagree. I have not looked at the figures for a long time (I have written numerous posts about it) but if memory serves me correctly only a handful of leagues across Europe reported bigger crowds in the 1980's than during the 1990's and 2000's. Italy I believe was one of them.The fact that the club had its most successful period in the 1980's is irrelevant due to the events that were happing at the time (football disasters etc...). Look at Liverpool's average attendance's in the 1980's compared to the 70's and 90's for example. Aberdeen have achieved an average crowd of 24,000 before they were successful. Its is simply a question of changing the culture of Aberdeen fans attending games.

The £10m (or it was probably less than that by time of deal - we had been paying it down monthly most recently) was settled for less that that. That much is obvious.

Deal was I would hazard a guess

some debt forgiven

some debt paid off by the club

some debt paid off by the Donalds

proceeds from Pittodrie above the current valuation

% share in any sales of existing players

I'm not sure we'll ever know the details of the amount paid by the Donald's for the debt. It's been said that the debt was taken by the Donald's and I suspect details will remain between them and the bank since AFC's involvement ceased when the Donald's took the debt on.

I disagree. I have not looked at the figures for a long time (I have written numerous posts about it) but if memory serves me correctly only a handful of leagues across Europe reported bigger crowds in the 1980's than during the 1990's and 2000's. Italy I believe was one of them.The fact that the club had its most successful period in the 1980's is irrelevant due to the events that were happing at the time (football disasters etc...). Look at Liverpool's average attendance's in the 1980's compared to the 70's and 90's for example. Aberdeen have achieved an average crowd of 24,000 before they were successful. Its is simply a question of changing the culture of Aberdeen fans attending games.

You're kind of making my argument for me.

My point is that having a successful team on the park is not sufficient to get average crowds up.

The evidence proves this.

Think the average is slightly down on last season, probably to do with the price increase. Think it's currently around 12,500 which is still decent and the thing is we don't count non attending season ticket holders into our figures unlike the 2 arse cheeks in Glasgow both of whom will only really be averaging crowds in the low 20,000s but massively inflate their figures. I've always said under 18's should be allowed in for a fiver and 18-21 year olds a tenner anywhere in the ground before they pay the full adult price.

Anyway I got myself a half season ticket last week so I'll be making the trek up to Pittodrie a lot more often in the new year!