Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's quite an astonishing fee that Jack Hendry has been sold for. 

At the other end of the scale, you’d be raging if you were St Johnstone.

Lose their captain for £600k.

And lose Ali McCann (2years to go on his contract) for a fee that “could be worth up to a million) - in other words is initially less than a million. That’s shite. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And lose Ali McCann (2years to go on his contract) for a fee that “could be worth up to a million) - in other words is initially less than a million. That’s shite. 

McCann off to Preston isn’t it. Can’t believe one of the ugly two didn’t put a bid in. Wish we pushed the boat out for him 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They obviously need the cash.

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Where are we getting £850k or whatever from, bearing in mind Ferguson stayed? 

We had money to bid for Boyle or the loan fee for longstaff.
If we used that, pushed the boat a bit more if it’s just under 1 million, we might of got him and made a lot more in the long run. 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

We had money to bid for Boyle or the loan fee for longstaff.
If we used that, pushed the boat a bit more if it’s just under 1 million, we might of got him and made a lot more in the long run. 

I dont believe weve paid a lot for longstaff. it would make absolutely no sense

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I dont believe weve paid a lot for longstaff. it would make absolutely no sense

Probably not but might of been a couple of hundred grand. McCann would of been a lot more obviously but he would of been ours and will go for double that I think if we wanted in a couple of years 

52 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Retard reporting it as £1.2m

Still a shitload less than the £3m they were supposedly wanting only a couple of weeks back

In May the St J chairman was quoted on BBC as saying it would take a record fee for them to consider selling McCann. Their record fee received  is £1.75m, ironically for their current boss, when they sold him to Blackburn. Over the summer, on various outlets......pie and bovril, both the arse cheeks' official neewspapers and on St J's own fansite the fee was quoted to be £3m that they wanted.

Quite a number of arse cheek supporters were saying that their teams should have coughed it up. 

The window closing has only confirmed my lack of faith in the judgment of Glass rgds what is required in defence for a club like Aberdeen to challenge at the top of table. Happy enough (though could have been much better in areas) with most of his other dealings. 

Completely out of touch/his depth in central defence though.

He deserves all the stick he will get between now & the desperation signings to fix what should have been done long ago in January.

so unless Gallagher drastically improves, Bates has somehow transformed into a top CH or Hancock is close to a new McKenna type breaking through I will continue to lambast his shockingly amateur treatment of our central defence.

Third place at best could well be beyond us come January with our pish defence 

I'm really surprised Hibs haven't sold any of Doig, Nisbett, Boyle or "Porto". Ron Gordon back in May revealed they were bleeding cash and needed to sell some of their assets to recover from the last 18 months. I'm wondering if they were banking on receiving big fees for these players and it never came to fruition. They also increased their wages this window and spent 400k on Daniel McKay. We sold Cosgrove, Wright, and McKenna in order to cover our losses and provided Glass the ability to make changes to the side this window.

6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The window closing has only confirmed my lack of faith in the judgment of Glass rgds what is required in defence for a club like Aberdeen to challenge at the top of table. Happy enough (though could have been much better in areas) with most of his other dealings. 

He deserves all the stick he will get between now & the desperation signings to fix what should have been done long ago in January.

so unless Gallagher drastically improves, Bates has somehow transformed into a top CH or Hancock is close to a new McKenna type breaking through I will continue to lambast his shockingly amateur treatment of our central defence.

Aye - you should have said 

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm really surprised Hibs haven't sold any of Doig, Nisbett, Boyle or "Porto". Ron Gordon back in May revealed they were bleeding cash and needed to sell some of their assets to recover from the last 18 months. I'm wondering if they were banking on receiving big fees for these players and it never came to fruition. They also increased their wages this window and spent 400k on Daniel McKay. We sold Cosgrove, Wright, and McKenna in order to cover our losses and provided Glass the ability to make changes to the side this window.

Yet they still managed to agree a fee with St Mirren for Jamie McGrath. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Did McGrath sign for Hibs last night? 

Edit: just noticed they failed with a late bid. 

No, but a deal was apparently agreed.

Scott Allan & Drey Wright plus cash.

Wright is almost worthless & Allan is worth about £150k given his health issues. 
I’d guess £300k plus those players.

I suspect Aberdeen/Hibs have missed the boat now.

If it comes down to purely him going on a Bosman a good few English clubs will be interested 

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

THought that there was a fee agreed with Doig not too long ago?

Gonna assume at least 2 of them will be gone within 12 month, just a case of if they can get the money they want

15 hours ago, Roberto said:

See Tims signed a Greek cunt from VVV. 

He had some record last season he was the clear top goal scorer in the Eredivisie with 26 goals for a team that finished second bottom. He scored 29 goals in total last season in only 33 games. He's only 26 and a Greek international but his record before last season was nothing to write home about. Still considering how good his stats were last season I'm surprised Celtic only had to pay £2.5m considering Hibs want £5m for Nisbett.

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Do you don’t think the centre half’s are good enough and glass doesn’t know what he’s doing. You never said before ?