Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Did McGrath sign for Hibs last night? 

Edit: just noticed they failed with a late bid. 

No, but a deal was apparently agreed.

Scott Allan & Drey Wright plus cash.

Wright is almost worthless & Allan is worth about £150k given his health issues. 
I’d guess £300k plus those players.

I suspect Aberdeen/Hibs have missed the boat now.

If it comes down to purely him going on a Bosman a good few English clubs will be interested 

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm really surprised Hibs haven't sold any of Doig, Nisbett, Boyle or "Porto". Ron Gordon back in May revealed they were bleeding cash and needed to sell some of their assets to recover from the last 18 months. I'm wondering if they were banking on receiving big fees for these players and it never came to fruition. They also increased their wages this window and spent 400k on Daniel McKay. We sold Cosgrove, Wright, and McKenna in order to cover our losses and provided Glass the ability to make changes to the side this window.

THought that there was a fee agreed with Doig not too long ago?

Gonna assume at least 2 of them will be gone within 12 month, just a case of if they can get the money they want

15 hours ago, Roberto said:

See Tims signed a Greek cunt from VVV. 

He had some record last season he was the clear top goal scorer in the Eredivisie with 26 goals for a team that finished second bottom. He scored 29 goals in total last season in only 33 games. He's only 26 and a Greek international but his record before last season was nothing to write home about. Still considering how good his stats were last season I'm surprised Celtic only had to pay £2.5m considering Hibs want £5m for Nisbett.

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The window closing has only confirmed my lack of faith in the judgment of Glass rgds what is required in defence for a club like Aberdeen to challenge at the top of table. Happy enough (though could have been much better in areas) with most of his other dealings. 

Completely out of touch/his depth in central defence though.

He deserves all the stick he will get between now & the desperation signings to fix what should have been done long ago in January.

so unless Gallagher drastically improves, Bates has somehow transformed into a top CH or Hancock is close to a new McKenna type breaking through I will continue to lambast his shockingly amateur treatment of our central defence.

Third place at best could well be beyond us come January with our pish defence 

Do you don’t think the centre half’s are good enough and glass doesn’t know what he’s doing. You never said before ?

51 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

The club only bought him from Celtic for £1.5m about a month ago.

Something fishy going on there.

Not really - had him on loan with first option to buy. Realised other bigger clubs wanted him so invested the cash, knowing they would recoup it plus more straight away. Good business. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No, but a deal was apparently agreed.

Scott Allan & Drey Wright plus cash.

Wright is almost worthless & Allan is worth about £150k given his health issues. 
I’d guess £300k plus those players.

I suspect Aberdeen/Hibs have missed the boat now.

If it comes down to purely him going on a Bosman a good few English clubs will be interested 

I think Aberdeen/Hibs will need to get him in January to have a chance.

As you say on a free transfer an english club will easily take a punt but hey some of that will depend on how he does this season.

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

As you say on a free transfer an english club will easily take a punt but hey some of that will depend on how he does this season.

Does the fact hes not signed mean we can stop speaking about him for the next wee while? Or will he still be referenced at Alan Gow or Jim O'Brien levels for the forseeable?

10 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Does the fact hes not signed mean we can stop speaking about him for the next wee while? Or will he still be referenced at Alan Gow or Jim O'Brien levels for the forseeable?

He's still the messiah until he moves to Sunderland on January deadline day

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

He had some record last season he was the clear top goal scorer in the Eredivisie with 26 goals for a team that finished second bottom. He scored 29 goals in total last season in only 33 games. He's only 26 and a Greek international but his record before last season was nothing to write home about. Still considering how good his stats were last season I'm surprised Celtic only had to pay £2.5m considering Hibs want £5m for Nisbett.

Nisbett only scored 14 goals in the league last season. Cosgrove had a better scoring rate. He hasn't performed terribly well since West Ham declared their interest in him back in January. Prior to signing a new deal with Hibs, I'm shocked no one made a 500k bid (from England) for Boyle considering how well he's been doing. Personally, I can't see Hibs receiving anywhere near the evaluation they had previously set for Doig, Nisbett and "Porto".

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He deserves all the stick he will get between now & the desperation signings to fix what should have been done long ago in January.

I will continue to lambast his shockingly amateur treatment of our central defence.

Third place at best could well be beyond us come January with our pish defence 

What a shitebagger of a post. Definitely on the Troll / WUM scale.

Glass wasn’t here in January to make changes then and you’re predetermined to lambast him.

I hope now he has a chance to work with the team, he goes on to prove you wrong in a GIRFUY sort of way.

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Nisbett only scored 14 goals in the league last season. Cosgrove had a better scoring rate. He hasn't performed terribly well since West Ham declared their interest in him back in January. Prior to signing a new deal with Hibs, I'm shocked no one made a 500k bid (from England) for Boyle considering how well he's been doing. Personally, I can't see Hibs receiving anywhere near the evaluation they had previously set for Doig, Nisbett and "Porto".

Stop calling him fucking Porto.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Might be available for a smallish fee come January 

Depends on how St Mirren are doing.

If they’re comfortable they might accept £250k

If they’re in a relegation battle they might forsake that as him helping them stay up is worth more to them.

As folk have said we can forget about it all for 3 or 4 months now. 

19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Might be available for a smallish fee come January 

Depends on how St Mirren are doing.

If they’re comfortable they might accept £250k

If they’re in a relegation battle they might forsake that as him helping them stay up is worth more to them.

As folk have said we can forget about it all for 3 or 4 months now. 

Doubtful we are even seriously after him. Basic enquiry by the sounds of it, quoted a high amount then fucked it off. The hardon some folk are having for him is ridiculous. 

52 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Doubtful we are even seriously after him. Basic enquiry by the sounds of it, quoted a high amount then fucked it off. The hardon some folk are having for him is ridiculous. 

His stats are definitely sugar coated with penalties.

16 goals last season, 10 penalties.

No idea what his assist stats are like.

If we could get him for a smallish fee in January, or a nominal fee with Kennedy/McGeouch going the other way I’d be happy with that. 

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His stats are definitely sugar coated with penalties.

16 goals last season, 10 penalties.

No idea what his assist stats are like.

If we could get him for a smallish fee in January, or a nominal fee with Kennedy/McGeouch going the other way I’d be happy with that. 

The way folk are speaking on here, you'd think he was the messiah. 

One minute on here, Adam Rooney's pens dont count towards his goals tally, but McGrath's make him a world beater.

2 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

What a letdown if we sign him and he turns out to be shit. 

See.

Ricky Gillies, 

We seem to love buying st mirren players off the top of my head with differing success

Dougie Bell. Peter Weir, Billy Stark , Frank McDougall, Kenny McLean all in the success bracket.

Dave Winnie, Ian Cameron, Ricky Gillies,  in the not so much bracket, 

Sure I've missed some

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Hibs sign Dylan Tait from Raith Rovers and immediately loan him back

Have to say, their recent recruitment looks far better than ours.

Is it?

Not sure I agree.

Meuller sounds decent.

Doyle-Hayes wouldn’t get in our team.

Dylan Tait - no idea - young lad that may or may not make it.

Daniel McKay - good potential & probably good signing

Chris Cadden - bang average.

The best thing for them is keeping Doig & Nisbet.

I think we’d have maybe brought another player in if we’d managed to get two or three off the books. That may happen in January.

Glass has plenty of options, but not sure he has the balance of the squad right yet.

15 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I genuinely think a few dopes on here reckon that if Aberdeen tell McGeouch etc that they are being used as makeweights in transfer deals then they have no option but to go and that's it. 

Aye, easier said than done persuading players on good contracts to give that up to play for a St Mirren etc.

We’d end up paying the balance of their contract.

As an example, paying off the difference from  a £4K per week contract going down to a £1.5k contract for 2 years is about £260k. 

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, easier said than done persuading players on good contracts to give that up to play for a St Mirren etc.

We’d end up paying the balance of their contract.

As an example, paying off the difference from  a £4K per week contract going down to a £1.5k contract for 2 years is about £260k. 

I wonder what money McGeouch is on, reckon it might be pretty high. Kennedy I can't see being on much, Saints pay a few of their squad less than a grand a week so I can't see him being more than, say, 2k. Still, they are entitled to sit out their contracts 

51 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Is it?

Not sure I agree.

Meuller sounds decent.

Doyle-Hayes wouldn’t get in our team.

Dylan Tait - no idea - young lad that may or may not make it.

Daniel McKay - good potential & probably good signing

Chris Cadden - bang average.

The best thing for them is keeping Doig & Nisbet.

I think we’d have maybe brought another player in if we’d managed to get two or three off the books. That may happen in January.

Glass has plenty of options, but not sure he has the balance of the squad right yet.

Your last paragraph is correct and kind of enforces my point.

I’ll cut him some slack as it’s his first window but we have a surfeit  of like for like central midfielders and a dearth in other areas like full back and in the wide areas.

The Longstaff signing bemuses me.