Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

26 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Your last paragraph is correct and kind of enforces my point.

I’ll cut him some slack as it’s his first window but we have a surfeit  of like for like central midfielders and a dearth in other areas like full back and in the wide areas.

The Longstaff signing bemuses me.

I presumed Longstaff was a short-term fix for Ferguson leaving.

We have a surplus of central midfielders but none of them are particularly creative or good going forward. 

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I presumed Longstaff was a short-term fix for Ferguson leaving.

We have a surplus of central midfielders but none of them are particularly creative or good going forward. 

Why didn't we await Ferguson's departure (or non departure as it transpired) before splashing out a large loan fee for the Geordie, that could have been better utilised elsewhere?

Was Longstaff on the verge of going elsewhere unless we "swooped" when we did?"

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Why didn't we await Ferguson's departure (or non departure as it transpired) before splashing out a large loan fee for the Geordie, that could have been better utilised elsewhere?

Rumour has it Ferguson turned down a move but that could be bollocks.

Huddersfield was the alleged club.

Can’t say I blame him not wanting to go there. 

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It's a difficult one.  If Ferguson had gone and wasn't replaced in time he would have also received criticism for that. 

He's got a big decision ahead in terms of how he manages Brown, Ferguson and Longstaff. It should be 2 from 3 really but will be interesting to see how he deals with it. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

It's a difficult one.  If Ferguson had gone and wasn't replaced in time he would have also received criticism for that. 

He's got a big decision ahead in terms of how he manages Brown, Ferguson and Longstaff. It should be 2 from 3 really but will be interesting to see how he deals with it. 

He’s playing all three AND Ojo, which is fucking madness. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye. Big decisions ahead.  Somethings got to give. I don't think he can play all of those 4 together and get the attacking balance right.

Whilst Ojo’s extra effort has been appreciated he doesn't have the discipline or the creativity to play that attacking midfield role despite Glass praising his tactical acumen. He's a weak link as his final ball lets him down and he's invariably out of position when we lose possession. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

3 in centre mid is fine if playing 5 at the back and with the personnel we now have, it looks (to me anyway) the way to go; and means we don't get countered easily if the wing backs are caught high up the park. Means two "up top" as well.

Despite Glass having dabbled in 5 at the back in Europe, his default formation appears to be 4-3-2-1

Our wage bill must be thru the fucking roof now.

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

3 in centre mid is fine if playing 5 at the back and with the personnel we now have, it looks (to me anyway) the way to go; and means we don't get countered easily if the wing backs are caught high up the park. Means two "up top" as well.

Despite Glass having dabbled in 5 at the back in Europe, his default formation appears to be 4-3-2-1

Our wage bill must be thru the fucking roof now.

Establishing a back 3 system with only 3 fit centre backs is a risky business though 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Big decisions ahead.  Somethings got to give. I don't think he can play all of those 4 together and get the attacking balance right.

Whilst Ojo’s extra effort has been appreciated he doesn't have the discipline or the creativity to play that attacking midfield role despite Glass praising his tactical acumen. He's a weak link as his final ball lets him down and he's invariably out of position when we lose possession. 

In games like Ross County at home we only need two of them playing. 
McInnes was rightly criticised when he played Jack, Flood & Robson together in some games.

So Glass should rightly be called out for being even more daft in playing 4 like that. 

9 hours ago, NEM said:

Aye - you should have said 

6 hours ago, thurso said:

Do you don’t think the centre half’s are good enough and glass doesn’t know what he’s doing. You never said before ?

Yous clearly missed my numerous comments saying I will continue to slate & lambast this clusterfuck defence & the clown that thinks it’s been acceptable 

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

What a shitebagger of a post. Definitely on the Troll / WUM scale.

Glass wasn’t here in January to make changes then and you’re predetermined to lambast him.

I hope now he has a chance to work with the team, he goes on to prove you wrong in a GIRFUY sort of way.

Duh I know he wasn’t here in January but defence should have been first thing sorted but (as I said in the post) we’re stuck with the shiteness until the desperation of trying to find a solution in January window which will probably be too late

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

In games like Ross County at home we only need two of them playing. 
McInnes was rightly criticised when he played Jack, Flood & Robson together in some games.

So Glass should rightly be called out for being even more daft in playing 4 like that. 

& he should certainly be fkn called out for starting SIX central mids in various positions to fill holes v County.

That is 100% as bad as any of the times when McInnes basically done the same thing but with central defenders ? & normally v Celtic but I remember he done it at Easter rd as well & at one stage had SEVEN fkn defensive players on

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I know he wasn’t here in January but defence should have been first thing sorted but (as I said in the post) we’re stuck with the shiteness until the desperation of trying to find a solution in January window which will probably be too late

Lets see shall we.

As part of being more attack orientated, I suspect we will be more susceptible to counter attacks and will concede more as a result, but then I think that's ok, if were scoring more and are more entertaining as a result.

I'd agree that some of our goals conceded have been poor, but that then makes it potentially easier to sort out.

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Lets see shall we.

As part of being more attack orientated, I suspect we will be more susceptible to counter attacks and will concede more as a result, but then I think that's ok, if were scoring more and are more entertaining as a result.

I'd agree that some of our goals conceded have been poor, but that then makes it potentially easier to sort out.

Poor? The vast majority have come right through the fkn middle of defence where our biggest weaknesses are imo.

I would have understood if it we were losing a few extra from wide areas due to blooding young FB’s but it’s been like watching Celtic (like they often did) walk the ball right through middle of pitch into our goal majority of the times.

It’s like there is zero communication between our CH’s not just with each other but also with central mid & somehow Brown has still been getting massive praise during all this, so where exactly is the problem if it’s not the central ‘defenders’ ? 

44 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Nope

'The 21-year-old had been linked with a possible move to a number of clubs in the Championship, but Bruce claims Aberdeen were the only side to lodge a formal loan offer, hence their ability to lure Longstaff to the Scottish top-flight. The Dons are managed by former Newcastle midfielder Stephen Glass.'

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19542017.matty-longstaff-joined-aberdeen-newcastle/

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Has it been confirmed we’ve splashed out on a large loan fee for Longstaff?

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yous clearly missed my numerous comments saying I will continue to slate & lambast this clusterfuck defence & the clown that thinks it’s been acceptable 

Duh I know he wasn’t here in January but defence should have been first thing sorted but (as I said in the post) we’re stuck with the shiteness until the desperation of trying to find a solution in January window which will probably be too late

But why tho is it the players in those positions or the lack of numbers in those positions 

43 minutes ago, thurso said:

But why tho is it the players in those positions or the lack of numbers in those positions 

Our central defence looks like they are all new to the role, not just McCrorie to blame. They also look like there is zero cohesion between central mid & central defence. No communication, like all are playing a hiding/shirking game

21 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Our central defence looks like they are all new to the role, not just McCrorie to blame. They also look like there is zero cohesion between central mid & central defence. No communication, like all are playing a hiding/shirking game

Really if anything I’d have said they have been to exposed with very little cover as we are trying to be more attacking 

19 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Hibs sign Dylan Tait from Raith Rovers and immediately loan him back

Have to say, their recent recruitment looks far better than ours.

He stood out against us in our recent League cup match with Raith Rovers. Arguably MOTM.

100k is a great deal. 19 and will only get better. I think Hibs have made some really strong signings this window along with retaining their star players however I actually think we've still had a stronger window. Time will tell.

I like hibs recruitment strategy. Acquiring younger talent including lower leagues that have future resell value. Not sure where all the money is coming from as they have not sold any stars plus new contract for boyle.  Scary they almost got st mirren best player at the deadline with a creative players plus cash.  It seems glass has focused on older players with no resale value.  

59 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I like hibs recruitment strategy. Acquiring younger talent including lower leagues that have future resell value. Not sure where all the money is coming from as they have not sold any stars plus new contract for boyle.  Scary they almost got st mirren best player at the deadline with a creative players plus cash.  It seems glass has focused on older players with no resale value.  

He's probably focused on experience to help nurture our youth and get the resale value out of them.

Brown in to help develop  Ferguson and Campbell

Gallagher in to help develop McCrorie

We were short up top, hence JET and Ramirez came in

If you look at it, he's tried to ensure there is experience down the spine of the team. So what if we don't make a profit from these guys, but if the younger squad that was already here develop, and attract better bids, then that will be just as good.

1 hour ago, Donscanada said:

The tinpot cunts practically shut down their youth system and paid a load of staff off - that'll be where the cash is coming from.

10 hours ago, thurso said:

What shambles are you meaning 

The fact that they all look like they are still learning the game. There is zero cohesion/communication between them all & there is certainly no cunt that looks like he’s taking on the task of controlling the back line. 
They have looked a complete shambles in there, hence why so many goals have come right through middle of defence as opposed to from out wide.