Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Bates got caps from hype by Huns & move to other teams where he pretty much faltered. Gallagher got caps pre Covid cos there is fk all but shite to choose from & the Scottish managers have been desperately trying to find something adequate to fill holes. Same applies to Devlin. You are trying to glamorise/polish turds basically 

???

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58458169

I know nothing of this Tait lad but reading between lines (& making shite up in my head) I would guess that the timing of this deal & the player swap deals probably didn’t help Hibs in their last minute attempts at McGrath at same time. Especially if they were considering loan deals to each club of same players. 

All that said it seems they still made a far better fist of any attempts to get McGrath than we did & they seem far more competent & willing to make moves for this type of young Scottish players with future sell ons in mind.

Cannot help feeling we are still far lesser informed in general on where the value is in our own domestic market. 
Which players have we made decent cash on domestically compared to likes of Hibs, Hearts & even shite like Utd, Accies Motherwell etc.

It’s an age old argument that some will try to blindly back Aberdeen in via bias over rest but we REALLY have been truly shite at this & it’s hard to see where any improvements have been made looking at Glass’s first window under Cormack after all their false promises on the matter.

Yes we have Ferguson potential but that has yet to go into our +balance 

Just seems that many other clubs show far more faith & bottle to go after the rising stars of Scottish football & we leave it far too late & price ourselves out of any potential players by doing so. 
Can’t help feeling there’s still too much of a Milne shitebaggery mentality at the club in this sense. McInnes had to work him very shrewdly (with added benefit of being mates with daddy) to get Milne to go for Ferguson but other than that the club have taken very little to no ‘risks’ in young Scottish potential ‘market’ Kenny McLean maybe at a push but that was a pretty cheap/low risk gamble.

Not as if we didn’t have a decent surplus of players to loan out/even release into the deals

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Right get FnD to fuck with this. There’s no chance he should be allowed to post that much in a row every time. Fucking ruins every thread.

I've had him on block for a few weeks now. I'm glad I managed to get that in before he started this new multi-posting trend. Bad enough reading one of his posts, let along numerous in a row. 

5 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Welcome Barrie Mckay. 

Decent set of wingers / width / attacking MFs at Hearts.

McKay. GMS. Woodburn. Ginnelly. Walker. 

Good signing on eve of smashing Lochend Celtic. Again. And going clear at the top. 

The ex hun? Very unlike hearts to be signing one of those 

On 9/6/2021 at 11:29 AM, fine-n-dandy said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58458169

I know nothing of this Tait lad but reading between lines (& making shite up in my head) I would guess that the timing of this deal & the player swap deals probably didn’t help Hibs in their last minute attempts at McGrath at same time. Especially if they were considering loan deals to each club of same players. 

All that said it seems they still made a far better fist of any attempts to get McGrath than we did & they seem far more competent & willing to make moves for this type of young Scottish players with future sell ons in mind.

Cannot help feeling we are still far lesser informed in general on where the value is in our own domestic market. 
Which players have we made decent cash on domestically compared to likes of Hibs, Hearts & even shite like Utd, Accies Motherwell etc.

It’s an age old argument that some will try to blindly back Aberdeen in via bias over rest but we REALLY have been truly shite at this & it’s hard to see where any improvements have been made looking at Glass’s first window under Cormack after all their false promises on the matter.

Yes we have Ferguson potential but that has yet to go into our +balance 

You missed the biggest telltale of the article. Hibs have no money.

They are overspending which is why they were trying to offer players in exchange for Tait in what is described as a "ridiculous deal" by the Raith chairman. They have yet to cover their losses over the past 22 months and it will show in their annual accounts. They were banking on selling Doig, Nisbett, Porteous and potentially Boyle. None of which came to fruition. I'd be interested to know how they were planning to fund the McGrath deal. Remember they also spent 400k on Daniel McKay earlier in the window (they've spent 1.5 million in transfer fees alone over the past 14 months). I don't think Ron Gordon is another Romanov but I genuinely wonder how Hibs are funding all their transfer activity during a pandemic. 

16 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

You missed the biggest telltale of the article. Hibs have no money.

They are overspending which is why they were trying to offer players in exchange for Tait in what is described as a "ridiculous deal" by the Raith chairman. They have yet to cover their losses over the past 22 months and it will show in their annual accounts. They were banking on selling Doig, Nisbett, Porteous and potentially Boyle. None of which came to fruition. I'd be interested to know how they were planning to fund the McGrath deal. Remember they also spent 400k on Daniel McKay earlier in the window (they've spent 1.5 million in transfer fees alone over the past 14 months). I don't think Ron Gordon is another Romanov but I genuinely wonder how Hibs are funding all their transfer activity during a pandemic. 

No they wanted Tait in straight away & that wasn’t suitable for Raith until they agreed to loan him back first as the players they wanted to offer on loan weren’t adequate replacements was my take.

They also knocked us back for £500k so they clearly aren’t that desperate for cash yet.

Everyone will have their own take on it all but my take is that at least they made the effort to sign young Scottish players with potential sell on value (if Tait is I don’t know) but we didn’t & they clearly had some success as they got one & almost got the other. 

17 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

I don't think Ron Gordon is another Romanov but I genuinely wonder how Hibs are funding all their transfer activity during a pandemic. 

Has to be speculation.

The Scottish Cup winners / 3rd place, will be guaranteed group stage Europa League football next season, which will take in circa £5M

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

What success have they had recently in buying young Scottish players and selling for a profit?

John McGinn is an obvious one, but that was three years ago. Have there been others?

I meant they had success in getting at least one of the two players they went for this window.

time will tell if they are a success in the terms of profitability later but I only meant in this instance as in getting their man.

Will see in January if they also get McGrath but (depending how he does between now & then) they may have missed that ship.

Seems you may have misunderstood my meaning. All I meant was they are at least willing to take the gambles on this type of player at moment more so than us. Cormack stated this is the type of plan for us going forward but never acted on his words in his first window with Glass. The opportunity was clearly there (for mcgrath) if Hibs were so close to doing a deal. Time will tell on Tait but as I said, I have no idea if he is any good.