Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Reported in the Record (stolen from the Evening Times) that he has passed a medical with sevco and is expected to sign a pre-contract.

Why didn't he just sign it once he was showered and changed after the medical? 

Would have been a bit of good news for the huns prior to the league re-starting to put out a picture of him pen in hand signing the deal....would offset the Celtic Japanese signings somewhat and also immediately get Hearts negotiating a fee to bring him onboard this window

They probably want to announce on back of agreeing a move in this window and an agreed fee with Hearts. Believe we're trying to get a decent figure but hard once the other club knows it's them or no one else. Only thing we'd say is if too low, we'll just keep him til end of the season. Souttar would get a hard time from fans. And run risk of injury. He'll want away now. And I'd rather see a replacement signed, believe we've identified who we'd move for. 

Have to admit to being surprised no serious move from Celtic. 

2 hours ago, thurso said:

Thought he was worse second time round than first and he wasn’t great first time 

Agreed.

Tho not as bad as some make out.

When he concentrated on the simple stuff, winning tackles and headers,  he was ok.It was when he thought he’d suddenly become Maldini when played us into trouble.

29 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Agreed.

Tho not as bad as some make out.

When he concentrated on the simple stuff, winning tackles and headers,  he was ok.It was when he thought he’d suddenly become Maldini when played us into trouble.

One of my main memories of ash is watching a game on tv he plays a lovely ball over the top into the channel towards the red shed for someone to run onto. Ref blows his whistle, I’m thinking no ones off side what’s wrong with that. 
Replay from a panned out angle he hit it that badly he sliced it it hit the facia of the roof and landed back on the park. 

Or I think it was after mckenna scored from 40 years against Kilmarnock game or two after ash strides out of defence and tried it and cleared the merkland stand.

So your right he shouldn’t think he’s maldini probably just a cuckold 

Hibs the only team so far this window to make any kind of statement of intent via strengthening their team.

New manager & they recognise the fact their team was performing really badly this season & needs strengthening.

Glass/Aberdeen appear to be just desperately hoping the shit we already have will improve & will only sign the required improvements IF some go out. 

Be interesting to see if Utd pay to get Watt in early also

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hibs the only team so far this window to make any kind of statement of intent via strengthening their team.

New manager & they recognise the fact their team was performing really badly this season & needs strengthening.

Glass/Aberdeen appear to be just desperately hoping the shit we already have will improve & will only sign the required improvements IF some go out. 

Be interesting to see if Utd pay to get Watt in early also

You sure Hibs are the only team. I’m pretty positive Celtic have made more action a statement with their signings. I’m not sure Hibs signings are that good if I’m being honest 

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

You sure Hibs are the only team. I’m pretty positive Celtic have made more action a statement with their signings. I’m not sure Hibs signings are that good if I’m being honest 

I mean of the teams we are actually ‘competing’ with. Arse cheeks dealings are pretty much irrelevant to us & clearly Glass thinks the same as he doesn’t seem to think our next game is worth wasting time on

i don’t think you are being ‘honest’ rgds Hibs either. I think you are being ‘hopeful’ really.

they know they were seriously underperforming & have acted on it early. 

Glass hasn’t (or isn’t allowed)

49 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I mean of the teams we are actually ‘competing’ with. Arse cheeks dealings are pretty much irrelevant to us & clearly Glass thinks the same as he doesn’t seem to think our next game is worth wasting time on

i don’t think you are being ‘honest’ rgds Hibs either. I think you are being ‘hopeful’ really.

they know they were seriously underperforming & have acted on it early. 

Glass hasn’t (or isn’t allowed)

Sorry but I’m of the view We should be competing with all the teams in the league and our next game is against the rangers and they’ve not exactly strengthened a lot. 

Hibs signed the boy that was on loan at Rosa county, was ok from what I seen nothing more. Henderson is a prospect but not going to be a game changer. The boy from America seems to have a good reputation the boy from norway will have to be good the money spent the one from Norwich is a young lad will hardly play I suspect. 

Just now, thurso said:

Sorry but I’m of the view We should be competing with all the teams in the league and our next game is against the rangers and they’ve not exactly strengthened a lot. 

Hibs signed the boy that was on loan at Rosa county, was ok from what I seen nothing more. Henderson is a prospect but not going to be a game changer. The boy from America seems to have a good reputation the boy from norway will have to be good the money spent the one from Norwich is a young lad will hardly play I suspect. 

We SHOULD be competing with just a few at top end but this season we have been ‘competing’ with a lot more than that because far more teams are competing with us. They certainly haven’t all improved to that level surly 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We SHOULD be competing with just a few at top end but this season we have been ‘competing’ with a lot more than that because far more teams are competing with us. They certainly haven’t all improved to that level surly 

They must of improved if they are closer to the top than bottom 

29 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Or the overall quality closer to the top has diminished ? making it easier for them to compete more

Or it’s gone back to the way it’s been for 30 years the rangers and Celtic pull away from everyone else as most of the other teams are pretty even as anyone can beat the other on any given day 

3 hours ago, thurso said:

Or it’s gone back to the way it’s been for 30 years the rangers and Celtic pull away from everyone else as most of the other teams are pretty even as anyone can beat the other on any given day 

So you are buying into ‘a strong arse cheeks makes everyone else better’ philosophy? 

I am more inclined to say we have seriously regressed & we notice the rest are nearer our level. Rather we are more their level

Or do you actually think ‘the rest’ have all improved to easily compete with us to the extent we no longer can confidently go into a game where we  should be strong favourites?

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So you are buying into ‘a strong arse cheeks makes everyone else better’ philosophy? 

I am more inclined to say we have seriously regressed & we notice the rest are nearer our level. Rather we are more their level

Or do you actually think ‘the rest’ have all improved to easily compete with us to the extent we no longer can confidently go into a game where we  should be strong favourites?

No I definitely don’t think we need two strong arse cheeks. We need teams to be competitive with each other. 

Teams have gotten better and we’ve gone backwards that’s why we are in 6th place. 
But in the last 30 years celtic and the rangers drop very few points to the other teams, where as ourselves hears Hibs or whoever can never make a challenge because we are all usually pretty even in comparison to each other and as a result drop to many points to each other to stay close to them. 

See Levein is in the media saying Souttars move is because he didn't want to move far, due to an ill family member. 

I say that's a fair enough reason for staying in Scotland. 

Doesn't detract from the fact he's still royally stiffed them. The guy is on the treatment table for 2 years, has a good 5/6 months, and immediately he's off to the huns. 

He could've done a Johnny Hayes and signed an extension with a minimal and reasonable release clause, just to make sure hearts weren't totally stiffed. 

I think it's a sad indictment of the game up here. Aye, players have to look after themselves, and there are times clubs can be utterly ruthless with them, but this is an instance when a club has shown remarkable belief and loyalty in one player, and he's thrown it all back in their faces. 

Anyway, fuck the huns and the diets. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

See Levein is in the media saying Souttars move is because he didn't want to move far, due to an ill family member. 

Aye but not for joining them it isn't. Hope the fat cunts Achilles blows up again

Just now, NEM said:

Aye but not for joining them it isn't. Hope the fat cunts Achilles blows up again

I'm not naive enough to think Rangers isn't a better move than hearts, but he could've at least tried to help hearts and repay them a bit. 

As someone said the same with Wright. 

Ways and means of leaving clubs,  when it comes to the huns it's always done in the rattiest way possible 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Doesn't detract from the fact he's still royally stiffed them. The guy is on the treatment table for 2 years, has a good 5/6 months, and immediately he's off to the huns. 

He could've done a Johnny Hayes and signed an extension with a minimal and reasonable release clause, just to make sure hearts weren't totally stiffed. 

I think it's a sad indictment of the game up here. Aye, players have to look after themselves, and there are times clubs can be utterly ruthless with them, but this is an instance when a club has shown remarkable belief and loyalty in one player, and he's thrown it all back in their faces. 

Anyway, fuck the huns and the diets. 

Always makes me laugh when folk make a virtue of a club standing by a player who’s suffered long-term injury problems. As if the club have the option to just tell the player to fuck off.

I’d imagine the club are contractually obliged to ensure that the player gets appropriate medical treatment. And it may well be the case that there’s some sort of insurance cover for the club to claim on (although I am NOT in the know !)

And , of course , it’s generally in the club’s interest to get the player back to fitness. Not only to get him back in the team but also to preserve the chance of getting some sort of transfer fee for him.

I would add though that the situation with Devlin seems to be an unusual case of a club standing by the player when we don’t have to. Very strange.

3 minutes ago, redone said:

Always makes me laugh when folk make a virtue of a club standing by a player who’s suffered long-term injury problems. As if the club have the option to just tell the player to fuck off.

I’d imagine the club are contractually obliged to ensure that the player gets appropriate medical treatment. And it may well be the case that there’s some sort of insurance cover for the club to claim on (although I am NOT in the know !)

And , of course , it’s generally in the club’s interest to get the player back to fitness. Not only to get him back in the team but also to preserve the chance of getting some sort of transfer fee for him.

I would add though that the situation with Devlin seems to be an unusual case of a club standing by the player when we don’t have to. Very strange.

The guy was injured for like 2 and a half years, during which time hearts extended his contract etc. They could've very easily left him on the scrap heap. 

In hearts' mind they'd have liked to get him back because he's a good player, and he might get them a fee in the future. 

Imagine all the resources spent on this guy, wages, bonuses, medical team etc, and he turns around at the first opportunity and leaves them with £0. 

Don't feel sympathy for hearts, but the excuse you hear from footballers is that clubs are ruthless, so they'll always make the decision that suits them best. Fair enough. 

In this instance though, I'd argue hearts have been exceptional for the guy, and he's shown no integrity in doing what he's done.