Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

10 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Are Juve in financial shit? Seem to be offloading some big earners on loan

Have they not just spent £63m on Vlahovic? Probably just balancing the books. Ramsey has been picking splinters out his arse for months so they're aswell to get him out the door and get him playing games to get him a permanent move in the summer. 

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Huns potentially making a final bid to take Souttar from mini Huns this window.

Still an outside hope of potentially offloading Gallagher to Hearts then this window ?

Savage has been clear about improving the squad with quality. Or we won't sign. 

We're no gonna sign a CH who isn't rated by the team 7th in the SPFL. 

21 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Savage has been clear about improving the squad with quality. Or we won't sign. 

We're no gonna sign a CH who isn't rated by the team 7th in the SPFL. 

You were happy to take the likes of GMS who had flattered to deceive with us for years and had become even worse in the states.

Usual Jambo ego beyond reality. A potential second top 3 finish in 10 years and Hearts are relevant again ?

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You were happy to take the likes of GMS who had flattered to deceive with us for years and had become even worse in the states.

Usual Jambo ego beyond reality. A potential second top 3 finish in 10 years and Hearts are relevant again ?

GMS will be away in summer. Not good enough, even for our bench. 

Ramsay getting 400k a month at Ibrox. They won't budge on 300k for Souttar. 

We've reduced their Tynie allocation from 3,100 to 900. Fans contribute 2m a year. About to make 3m in Europe. Possibly windfall from Hickey to Villa. 

Don't need their overdraft money. Plus Halkett out for 6 weeks. 

I'd say it's now 700k or we play him every game til summer. 

1 minute ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Ramsay getting 400k a month at Ibrox. They won't budge on 300k for Souttar. 

We've reduced their Tynie allocation from 3,100 to 900. Fans contribute 2m a year. About to make 3m in Europe. Possibly windfall from Hickey to Villa. 

Don't need their overdraft money. Plus Halkett out for 6 weeks. 

I'd say it's now 700k or we play him every game til summer. 

You honestly believe Ramsay is getting £400k a month at Ibrox.

You're deluded.

12 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

You honestly believe Ramsay is getting £400k a month at Ibrox.

You're deluded.

Euro 400k/month is it not

And he hasn't joined sevco to take a pay cut. Whatever media source you choose to believe, Juve are covering all his wages or sevco are covering "a very small portion" of them

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Euro 400k/wk is it not

And he hasn't joined sevco to take a pay cut. Whatever media source you choose to believe, Juve are covering all his wages or sevco are covering "a very small portion" of them

Had heard that whatever wage contribution sevco are making towards the deal has to fall within their existing 'wage structure'. If they have such a thing.

They paid €2.5m loan fee with €5.5m buy fee after loan & Juve paying a large part of his wages.

The €2.5m loan fee was probably done to help it to look less wages on their books

the fee works out at around €700k a month (basically 3 1/2 months) + whatever wage contribution they have to make (within their wage structure) so potentially works out @ somewhere between €7/800k a month he’s costing them ? would imagine they will have to buy him at end to try & get another year out of him & hope to get their money back

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hearts holding out for a proper fee. Quite right too. 

Whereas we sold Hedges for a pittance and then brought in our second choice loan target from Celtic. 

I assume we were knocked back for Johnston? 

Supposedly he is out injured, no idea for how long but if it's more than a couple of weeks even then  it probably wasn't worth doing

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why are Hearts able to hold out for £500k from Huns for Souttar but we are supposedly lucky to get £200k from Blackburn for Hedges? 

Because they are pretty much guaranteed 3rd place & a few £m for European football plus a much higher league place cash win fall than the pittance Glass will earn us & the wages he’s spunked on shite in summer

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why are Hearts able to hold out for £500k from Huns for Souttar but we are supposedly lucky to get £200k from Blackburn for Hedges? 

It's their prerogative to hold a player under contract. With Halkett out 6 weeks minimum they must think that retaining Souttar is more in their interest.....if they get 3rd and automatic entry into the EL group stage they'll make a shitoad more than that £500k.

I was for keeping Hedges because our squad is thin in both numbers and quality. I honestly don't think that Hedges was worth a lot more than the £200k we got considering how long he had left on his contract. Would he have gained us more than 2 league placings if he had stayed? That's what we would need to have done to get more in prize money and losing him for nothing than taking the cash we did. On balance I think we should have tried that but I can see why we chose the pragmatic route. He might not have tried a leg had he stayed

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's their prerogative to hold a player under contract. With Halkett out 6 weeks minimum they must think that retaining Souttar is more in their interest.....if they get 3rd and automatic entry into the EL group stage they'll make a shitoad more than that £500k.

I was for keeping Hedges because our squad is thin in both numbers and quality. I honestly don't think that Hedges was worth a lot more than the £200k we got considering how long he had left on his contract. Would he have gained us more than 2 league placings if he had stayed? That's what we would need to have done to get more in prize money and losing him for nothing than taking the cash we did. On balance I think we should have tried that but I can see why we chose the pragmatic route. He might not have tried a leg had he stayed

Nah. 

Hearts showed some bollocks. 

We were weak.