Jump to content
CalgaryDon

Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s playing all three AND Ojo, which is fucking madness. 

3 in centre mid is fine if playing 5 at the back and with the personnel we now have, it looks (to me anyway) the way to go; and means we don't get countered easily if the wing backs are caught high up the park. Means two "up top" as well.

Despite Glass having dabbled in 5 at the back in Europe, his default formation appears to be 4-3-2-1

Our wage bill must be thru the fucking roof now.

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

3 in centre mid is fine if playing 5 at the back and with the personnel we now have, it looks (to me anyway) the way to go; and means we don't get countered easily if the wing backs are caught high up the park. Means two "up top" as well.

Despite Glass having dabbled in 5 at the back in Europe, his default formation appears to be 4-3-2-1

Our wage bill must be thru the fucking roof now.

Establishing a back 3 system with only 3 fit centre backs is a risky business though 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Big decisions ahead.  Somethings got to give. I don't think he can play all of those 4 together and get the attacking balance right.

Whilst Ojo’s extra effort has been appreciated he doesn't have the discipline or the creativity to play that attacking midfield role despite Glass praising his tactical acumen. He's a weak link as his final ball lets him down and he's invariably out of position when we lose possession. 

In games like Ross County at home we only need two of them playing. 
McInnes was rightly criticised when he played Jack, Flood & Robson together in some games.

So Glass should rightly be called out for being even more daft in playing 4 like that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, NEM said:

Aye - you should have said 

 

6 hours ago, thurso said:

Do you don’t think the centre half’s are good enough and glass doesn’t know what he’s doing. You never said before 🤔

Yous clearly missed my numerous comments saying I will continue to slate & lambast this clusterfuck defence & the clown that thinks it’s been acceptable 

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

What a shitebagger of a post. Definitely on the Troll / WUM scale.

Glass wasn’t here in January to make changes then and you’re predetermined to lambast him.

I hope now he has a chance to work with the team, he goes on to prove you wrong in a GIRFUY sort of way.

Duh I know he wasn’t here in January but defence should have been first thing sorted but (as I said in the post) we’re stuck with the shiteness until the desperation of trying to find a solution in January window which will probably be too late

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

In games like Ross County at home we only need two of them playing. 
McInnes was rightly criticised when he played Jack, Flood & Robson together in some games.

So Glass should rightly be called out for being even more daft in playing 4 like that. 

 

& he should certainly be fkn called out for starting SIX central mids in various positions to fill holes v County.

That is 100% as bad as any of the times when McInnes basically done the same thing but with central defenders 🤣 & normally v Celtic but I remember he done it at Easter rd as well & at one stage had SEVEN fkn defensive players on

Edited by fine-n-dandy

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I know he wasn’t here in January but defence should have been first thing sorted but (as I said in the post) we’re stuck with the shiteness until the desperation of trying to find a solution in January window which will probably be too late

Lets see shall we.

As part of being more attack orientated, I suspect we will be more susceptible to counter attacks and will concede more as a result, but then I think that's ok, if were scoring more and are more entertaining as a result.

I'd agree that some of our goals conceded have been poor, but that then makes it potentially easier to sort out.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Lets see shall we.

As part of being more attack orientated, I suspect we will be more susceptible to counter attacks and will concede more as a result, but then I think that's ok, if were scoring more and are more entertaining as a result.

I'd agree that some of our goals conceded have been poor, but that then makes it potentially easier to sort out.

Poor? The vast majority have come right through the fkn middle of defence where our biggest weaknesses are imo.

I would have understood if it we were losing a few extra from wide areas due to blooding young FB’s but it’s been like watching Celtic (like they often did) walk the ball right through middle of pitch into our goal majority of the times.

It’s like there is zero communication between our CH’s not just with each other but also with central mid & somehow Brown has still been getting massive praise during all this, so where exactly is the problem if it’s not the central ‘defenders’ ? 

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Why didn't we await Ferguson's departure (or non departure as it transpired) before splashing out a large loan fee for the Geordie, that could have been better utilised elsewhere?

Was Longstaff on the verge of going elsewhere unless we "swooped" when we did?"

Nope

'The 21-year-old had been linked with a possible move to a number of clubs in the Championship, but Bruce claims Aberdeen were the only side to lodge a formal loan offer, hence their ability to lure Longstaff to the Scottish top-flight. The Dons are managed by former Newcastle midfielder Stephen Glass.'

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19542017.matty-longstaff-joined-aberdeen-newcastle/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Why didn't we await Ferguson's departure (or non departure as it transpired) before splashing out a large loan fee for the Geordie, that could have been better utilised elsewhere?

Was Longstaff on the verge of going elsewhere unless we "swooped" when we did?"

Has it been confirmed we’ve splashed out on a large loan fee for Longstaff?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

 

Yous clearly missed my numerous comments saying I will continue to slate & lambast this clusterfuck defence & the clown that thinks it’s been acceptable 

Duh I know he wasn’t here in January but defence should have been first thing sorted but (as I said in the post) we’re stuck with the shiteness until the desperation of trying to find a solution in January window which will probably be too late

But why tho is it the players in those positions or the lack of numbers in those positions 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, thurso said:

But why tho is it the players in those positions or the lack of numbers in those positions 

Our central defence looks like they are all new to the role, not just McCrorie to blame. They also look like there is zero cohesion between central mid & central defence. No communication, like all are playing a hiding/shirking game

Edited by fine-n-dandy

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Our central defence looks like they are all new to the role, not just McCrorie to blame. They also look like there is zero cohesion between central mid & central defence. No communication, like all are playing a hiding/shirking game

Really if anything I’d have said they have been to exposed with very little cover as we are trying to be more attacking 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, thurso said:

Really if anything I’d have said they have been to exposed with very little cover as we are trying to be more attacking 

But for all the praise Brown has had for his holding/controlling midfield role, how does that explain the shambles between middle & CH’s ?

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But for all the praise Brown has had for his holding/controlling midfield role, how does that explain the shambles between middle & CH’s ?

What shambles are you meaning 

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Hibs sign Dylan Tait from Raith Rovers and immediately loan him back

Have to say, their recent recruitment looks far better than ours.

He stood out against us in our recent League cup match with Raith Rovers. Arguably MOTM.

100k is a great deal. 19 and will only get better. I think Hibs have made some really strong signings this window along with retaining their star players however I actually think we've still had a stronger window. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post

I like hibs recruitment strategy. Acquiring younger talent including lower leagues that have future resell value. Not sure where all the money is coming from as they have not sold any stars plus new contract for boyle.  Scary they almost got st mirren best player at the deadline with a creative players plus cash.  It seems glass has focused on older players with no resale value.  

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

I like hibs recruitment strategy. Acquiring younger talent including lower leagues that have future resell value. Not sure where all the money is coming from as they have not sold any stars plus new contract for boyle.  Scary they almost got st mirren best player at the deadline with a creative players plus cash.  It seems glass has focused on older players with no resale value.  

He's probably focused on experience to help nurture our youth and get the resale value out of them.

Brown in to help develop  Ferguson and Campbell

Gallagher in to help develop McCrorie

We were short up top, hence JET and Ramirez came in

If you look at it, he's tried to ensure there is experience down the spine of the team. So what if we don't make a profit from these guys, but if the younger squad that was already here develop, and attract better bids, then that will be just as good.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Gallagher in to help develop McCrorie

"Tell me more about Clyde, Dundee, Livingston and the jail?"

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

"Tell me more about Clyde, Dundee, Livingston and the jail?"

Relevance?????

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, afc1903mad said:

Relevance?????

Just taking the piss min, chill oot. 

Can't see Gallagher developing McCrorie much based on his performances so far though

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Just taking the piss min, chill oot. 

Can't see Gallagher developing McCrorie much based on his performances so far though

That may be, but does not detract from why Glass tried to signed him whilst he was a Scottish Internationalist with Motherwell 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Donscanada said:

I like hibs recruitment strategy. Acquiring younger talent including lower leagues that have future resell value. Not sure where all the money is coming from as they have not sold any stars plus new contract for boyle.  Scary they almost got st mirren best player at the deadline with a creative players plus cash.  It seems glass has focused on older players with no resale value.  

The tinpot cunts practically shut down their youth system and paid a load of staff off - that'll be where the cash is coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, thurso said:

What shambles are you meaning 

The fact that they all look like they are still learning the game. There is zero cohesion/communication between them all & there is certainly no cunt that looks like he’s taking on the task of controlling the back line. 
They have looked a complete shambles in there, hence why so many goals have come right through middle of defence as opposed to from out wide. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The fact that they all look like they are still learning the game. There is zero cohesion/communication between them all & there is certainly no cunt that looks like he’s taking on the task of controlling the back line. 
They have looked a complete shambles in there, hence why so many goals have come right through middle of defence as opposed to from out wide. 

What they need to do is employ the services of an expert.  Someone who talks about it all day, every day.

When can you start?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, NEM said:

What they need to do is employ the services of an expert.  Someone who talks about it all day, every day.

When can you start?

Funny you should mention it.

 

Seems Glass employed ‘experts’ for all other area’s except in defence 

 

Doesn’t take an expert to spot the shite but it does to fix it. Maybe he should bring in Russel Anderson as a coach as well 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, NEM said:

The tinpot cunts practically shut down their youth system and paid a load of staff off - that'll be where the cash is coming from.

 

Edited by thurso
Quoted wrong post by mistake

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The fact that they all look like they are still learning the game. There is zero cohesion/communication between them all & there is certainly no cunt that looks like he’s taking on the task of controlling the back line. 
They have looked a complete shambles in there, hence why so many goals have come right through middle of defence as opposed to from out wide. 

So are you saying the players arnt good enough. If the centre half’s were fit we would have 4 who have Scotland caps and the other has been in a Scotland squad. 

My view is we are loosing more goals because we are attacking more which is leaving us more open in defence. Hopefully during the break they are in training to practice on taking all the chances they are missing or not getting on the end off 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, thurso said:

So are you saying the players arnt good enough. If the centre half’s were fit we would have 4 who have Scotland caps and the other has been in a Scotland squad. 

My view is we are loosing more goals because we are attacking more which is leaving us more open in defence. Hopefully during the break they are in training to practice on taking all the chances they are missing or not getting on the end off 

As I have said in other thread. Scotland has easily the worst selections of CH’s to choose from this past few years than we have ever had in my lifetime so these caps mean next to fk all to me in terms of ‘international’ quality 

 

Much as I like Considine, he only got in because of Covid call offs. 
Bates got a few token caps as he was a hun & over hyped. Gallagher another that basically got in via injuries/Covid (& shite to choose from) Devlin 🤣 ffs come on.

 

Anyone that claims that we have great CH’s just because between them all they’ve amassed a little over a dozen caps for Scotland over the last few years of desperation to find a decent one really cannot seriously put much faith in their stance on this 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

As I have said in other thread. Scotland has easily the worst selections of CH’s to choose from this past few years than we have ever had in my lifetime so these caps mean next to fk all to me in terms of ‘international’ quality 

 

Much as I like Considine, he only got in because of Covid call offs. 
Bates got a few token caps as he was a hun & over hyped. Gallagher another that basically got in via injuries/Covid (& shite to choose from) Devlin 🤣 ffs come on.

 

Anyone that claims that we have great CH’s just because between them all they’ve amassed a little over a dozen caps for Scotland over the last few years of desperation to find a decent one really cannot seriously put much faith in their stance on this 🤣

David bates got his caps during his first season at Hamburg not when he played for rangers. Declan Gallagher has play 8 games first cap in 2019 before Covid was on the go. Devlin got his caps when he was playing well for us before Covid (but I’m not holding out he will get back from these nightmare injuries but he might you never know) so your comment about them only getting in the squad cos of Covid is rubbish. 
 

You said on another thread why are so many goals coming through the middle. As many have come from the wide positions as through the middle. 
 

As I’v said we are letting more goals cos we are attacking more and leaving the defence more isolated. 

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, thurso said:

David bates got his caps during his first season at Hamburg not when he played for rangers. Declan Gallagher has play 8 games first cap in 2019 before Covid was on the go. Devlin got his caps when he was playing well for us before Covid (but I’m not holding out he will get back from these nightmare injuries but he might you never know) so your comment about them only getting in the squad cos of Covid is rubbish. 
 

You said on another thread why are so many goals coming through the middle. As many have come from the wide positions as through the middle. 
 

As I’v said we are letting more goals cos we are attacking more and leaving the defence more isolated. 

Bates got caps from hype by Huns & move to other teams where he pretty much faltered. Gallagher got caps pre Covid cos there is fk all but shite to choose from & the Scottish managers have been desperately trying to find something adequate to fill holes. Same applies to Devlin. You are trying to glamorise/polish turds basically 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...