Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We SHOULD be competing with just a few at top end but this season we have been ‘competing’ with a lot more than that because far more teams are competing with us. They certainly haven’t all improved to that level surly 

They must of improved if they are closer to the top than bottom 

29 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Or the overall quality closer to the top has diminished ? making it easier for them to compete more

Or it’s gone back to the way it’s been for 30 years the rangers and Celtic pull away from everyone else as most of the other teams are pretty even as anyone can beat the other on any given day 

3 hours ago, thurso said:

Or it’s gone back to the way it’s been for 30 years the rangers and Celtic pull away from everyone else as most of the other teams are pretty even as anyone can beat the other on any given day 

So you are buying into ‘a strong arse cheeks makes everyone else better’ philosophy? 

I am more inclined to say we have seriously regressed & we notice the rest are nearer our level. Rather we are more their level

Or do you actually think ‘the rest’ have all improved to easily compete with us to the extent we no longer can confidently go into a game where we  should be strong favourites?

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So you are buying into ‘a strong arse cheeks makes everyone else better’ philosophy? 

I am more inclined to say we have seriously regressed & we notice the rest are nearer our level. Rather we are more their level

Or do you actually think ‘the rest’ have all improved to easily compete with us to the extent we no longer can confidently go into a game where we  should be strong favourites?

No I definitely don’t think we need two strong arse cheeks. We need teams to be competitive with each other. 

Teams have gotten better and we’ve gone backwards that’s why we are in 6th place. 
But in the last 30 years celtic and the rangers drop very few points to the other teams, where as ourselves hears Hibs or whoever can never make a challenge because we are all usually pretty even in comparison to each other and as a result drop to many points to each other to stay close to them. 

See Levein is in the media saying Souttars move is because he didn't want to move far, due to an ill family member. 

I say that's a fair enough reason for staying in Scotland. 

Doesn't detract from the fact he's still royally stiffed them. The guy is on the treatment table for 2 years, has a good 5/6 months, and immediately he's off to the huns. 

He could've done a Johnny Hayes and signed an extension with a minimal and reasonable release clause, just to make sure hearts weren't totally stiffed. 

I think it's a sad indictment of the game up here. Aye, players have to look after themselves, and there are times clubs can be utterly ruthless with them, but this is an instance when a club has shown remarkable belief and loyalty in one player, and he's thrown it all back in their faces. 

Anyway, fuck the huns and the diets. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

See Levein is in the media saying Souttars move is because he didn't want to move far, due to an ill family member. 

Aye but not for joining them it isn't. Hope the fat cunts Achilles blows up again

Just now, NEM said:

Aye but not for joining them it isn't. Hope the fat cunts Achilles blows up again

I'm not naive enough to think Rangers isn't a better move than hearts, but he could've at least tried to help hearts and repay them a bit. 

As someone said the same with Wright. 

Ways and means of leaving clubs,  when it comes to the huns it's always done in the rattiest way possible 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Doesn't detract from the fact he's still royally stiffed them. The guy is on the treatment table for 2 years, has a good 5/6 months, and immediately he's off to the huns. 

He could've done a Johnny Hayes and signed an extension with a minimal and reasonable release clause, just to make sure hearts weren't totally stiffed. 

I think it's a sad indictment of the game up here. Aye, players have to look after themselves, and there are times clubs can be utterly ruthless with them, but this is an instance when a club has shown remarkable belief and loyalty in one player, and he's thrown it all back in their faces. 

Anyway, fuck the huns and the diets. 

Always makes me laugh when folk make a virtue of a club standing by a player who’s suffered long-term injury problems. As if the club have the option to just tell the player to fuck off.

I’d imagine the club are contractually obliged to ensure that the player gets appropriate medical treatment. And it may well be the case that there’s some sort of insurance cover for the club to claim on (although I am NOT in the know !)

And , of course , it’s generally in the club’s interest to get the player back to fitness. Not only to get him back in the team but also to preserve the chance of getting some sort of transfer fee for him.

I would add though that the situation with Devlin seems to be an unusual case of a club standing by the player when we don’t have to. Very strange.

3 minutes ago, redone said:

Always makes me laugh when folk make a virtue of a club standing by a player who’s suffered long-term injury problems. As if the club have the option to just tell the player to fuck off.

I’d imagine the club are contractually obliged to ensure that the player gets appropriate medical treatment. And it may well be the case that there’s some sort of insurance cover for the club to claim on (although I am NOT in the know !)

And , of course , it’s generally in the club’s interest to get the player back to fitness. Not only to get him back in the team but also to preserve the chance of getting some sort of transfer fee for him.

I would add though that the situation with Devlin seems to be an unusual case of a club standing by the player when we don’t have to. Very strange.

The guy was injured for like 2 and a half years, during which time hearts extended his contract etc. They could've very easily left him on the scrap heap. 

In hearts' mind they'd have liked to get him back because he's a good player, and he might get them a fee in the future. 

Imagine all the resources spent on this guy, wages, bonuses, medical team etc, and he turns around at the first opportunity and leaves them with £0. 

Don't feel sympathy for hearts, but the excuse you hear from footballers is that clubs are ruthless, so they'll always make the decision that suits them best. Fair enough. 

In this instance though, I'd argue hearts have been exceptional for the guy, and he's shown no integrity in doing what he's done.

35 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I just hope we're not a pushover for a move this window. 12m for Patterson. They can afford 500k plus add ons for Souttar. We're financially sound enough to keep him and not play him and write off any 100k bid. 

Why would they give you add ons for a player they are getting in June? 

350k-450k would see hearts bite. 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I just hope we're not a pushover for a move this window. 12m for Patterson. They can afford 500k plus add ons for Souttar. We're financially sound enough to keep him and not play him and write off any 100k bid. 

Plus add ons?? They are getting him for free in 5 months time. No chance they are going to agree to a sell on clause with you lot. 

22 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Why would they give you add ons for a player they are getting in June? 

350k-450k would see hearts bite. 

Sevco won’t offer anything till last few days of window, will let hearts fans do their job of turning on Soutar so when a shit offer of £100k comes in the situation is so toxic they accept 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Sevco won’t offer anything till last few days of window, will let hearts fans do their job of turning on Soutar so when a shit offer of £100k comes in the situation is so toxic they accept 

As a Hearts fan I can genuinely say I'd rather the club turn down ANY bid south of 500k and we keep him, and don't play him, til the end of his contract in the summer. We have the financial strength in my opinion to say no. While they sit with 12m for their reserve RB sale. 

I like sticking it to the pair of them. Just like reducing both Glasgow allocations to Tynie to 900 fans. 

What annoys me is the disgust of the west coast media that the rest of Scottish football 'doesn't know its place' when doing either of the above. 

I'd be interested what Souttar is saying. Callum Paterson was insistent we got a fee. Don't get the impression Souttar could care less about Hearts. Fine. Stick him out at Heriot Watt for 4 or 5 months running around parking cones 8am every day. Fine him if he doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

As a Hearts fan I can genuinely say I'd rather the club turn down ANY bid south of 500k and we keep him, and don't play him, til the end of his contract in the summer. We have the financial strength in my opinion to say no. While they sit with 12m for their reserve RB sale. 

I like sticking it to the pair of them. Just like reducing both Glasgow allocations to Tynie to 900 fans. 

What annoys me is the disgust of the west coast media that the rest of Scottish football 'doesn't know its place' when doing either of the above. 

I'd be interested what Souttar is saying. Callum Paterson was insistent we got a fee. Don't get the impression Souttar could care less about Hearts. Fine. Stick him out at Heriot Watt for 4 or 5 months running around parking cones 8am every day. Fine him if he doesn't. 

I hated when Scott Wright signed a pre-contract with that lot, so we know how it feels but can Hearts really afford to leave their best centre back in the stands?

Souttar playing and not playing could be the difference between European football next season and none. 

21 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Anyone walking aboot the toon in a hun top,and born in Aberdeen, should be clubbed over the heid...

How many seats are these Hun cunts getting tonight anyway? The usual allocation? Or will the Alford Bears become singular?

Hope the fuckers get their vaccine passports scrupulously checked, fuck getting their germs wafting over the fence.

7 minutes ago, ShinnieFGS said:

I hated when Scott Wright signed a pre-contract with that lot, so we know how it feels but can Hearts really afford to leave their best centre back in the stands?

Souttar playing and not playing could be the difference between European football next season and none. 

We've got Kingsley playing well as LCH and Halkett doing well as sweeper. Both have just committed further to the club. I'd have Taylor Moore at RCH. Or. Michael Smith can play there, our new Aussie RB is now available. Smith has also committed further. 

Point being. Souttar is a great player. But the next few months he would be a pseudo Rangers player, avoiding injuries, heart not in it, fans on him. I'd rather a Taylor Moore trying to win a move here, or show his old club what they're missing, or get in the shop window for a move elsewhere. Or a Smith who's just committed further to Hearts and wants to stay in the NI squad. 

We also have Souttar's replacement target list and I think we might move this window. Which would def see Souttar out the first team. 

The club know our fans are watching this closely and I think some kind of accepted low ball bid would be really frowned upon, by a set of fans who actually own the club. 

I still say. 500k. Or he rots til summer. 

Only other option is if there is a reserve player at their end we really rate on loan or permanent. But it'd need to be some player. Can't think of any.