Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

11 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

None of that's true about ramsay. He's currently on holiday in dubai.

But he wasn’t on holiday the last few games when he disappeared from the squad for Hibs game & every game after due to ‘injury’

Very possible the club allowed him to go down to Liverpool for talks & he sussed out the kind of personal terms they will offer. 

45 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But he wasn’t on holiday the last few games when he disappeared from the squad for Hibs game & every game after due to ‘injury’

Very possible the club allowed him to go down to Liverpool for talks & he sussed out the kind of personal terms they will offer. 

But they didn't. 

34 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

St Mirren look like they are about to sign Steven Davis from them. Would be a good signing for them even considering his age. 

? really AS? Where you reading that?

6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

St Mirren fans have been talking about it for weeks. Pal of mine is a ST holder. Says he is going in as a player/coach. I said that's what Brown was coming in to do for us and look how that turned out ?

Haha very true,  though that's a bit of a coup for St mirren I'd say. 

3 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Excellent stats for this season tbf ?. Good rumour although completely unrealistuc. 

Yea, I see on Twitter that Peter is actually on holiday in Mariupol. Clearly an unsubstantiated rumor. 

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

St Mirren fans have been talking about it for weeks. Pal of mine is a ST holder. Says he is going in as a player/coach. I said that's what Brown was coming in to do for us and look how that turned out ?

Aye but if this does happen and St Mirren get off to a bad start next season, Davis would be a viable and credible candidate to take over as manager if they punted Robinson. Brown might have been for us 18 months down the line but we were never taking a chance on him after barely 6 months as our assistant

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye but if this does happen and St Mirren get off to a bad start next season, Davis would be a viable and credible candidate to take over as manager if they punted Robinson. Brown might have been for us 18 months down the line but we were never taking a chance on him after barely 6 months as our assistant

Not sure. I genuinely think the plan was thwt if the Glass experiment worked out well he'd be back at Atlanta and we'd then give Brown the role as manager. Ultimately both ended up a failure. Always thought the way Atlanta gave Glass a send off was a bit strange and if it worked out he was destined to end up back there. 

But ultimately he was a diddy and is probably readying his CV for Sunday League jobs. 

2 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

While new Hibernian manager Lee Johnson is poised to complete the signing of Aiden McGeadyafter the winger's exit from former club Sunderland, the 36-year-old's arrival is the second summer transfer to have been initiated by previous boss Shaun Maloney along with goalkeeper David Marshall from Queens Park Rangers. (Edinburgh 

Greeting on BBC about Scottish fans booing him. Get every boo you deserve and more will come you little cunt.

Reading Celtic are planning on spending £30 million this summer. Fucking ridiculous, I am about done with Scottish football. We are a nation where football is far and away the biggest sporting interest in the country and what a fucking shit league we have to show for it. But none of the powers that be seem to mind. Folk up and down the country love football and when there is something to play for the crowds are huge (i.e. Kilmarnock v Arbroath, Raith v Dunfermline when they were both doing well). The potential is massive. But the SPFL and Sky are happy to just have 2 teams mopping up every penny. I really wish Sevco had the balls to apply for the English leagues when they started up, but they clearly shat it.

7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Greeting on BBC about Scottish fans booing him. Get every boo you deserve and more will come you little cunt.

Aye that is a joke article. Trying to make out the only reason he was booed was because of sectarianism and racism. He compared it with Scott Arfield and Brian McLean choosing Canada and Northern Ireland but not getting booed. McGeady got booed cause he turned down his country of birth when he could have made a real difference. The other 2 never turned down Scotland. Arfield started playing for Canada when he was 28 and clearly not good enough for Scotland. Nobody booed McLean because nobody had a fucking clue who he was.

Why am I so raging this morning

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye that is a joke article. Trying to make out the only reason he was booed was because of sectarianism and racism. He compared it with Scott Arfield and Brian McLean choosing Canada and Northern Ireland but not getting booed. McGeady got booed cause he turned down his country of birth when he could have made a real difference. The other 2 never turned down Scotland. Arfield started playing for Canada when he was 28 and clearly not good enough for Scotland. Nobody booed McLean because nobody had a fucking clue who he was.

Aye there is a big difference to McLean and arfield who wouldn't have improved the Scotland team at the time. Mcgeady and Mccarthy would have and deserve all the hate they get IMO. If he signs for Hibs I'll be abusing him. 

31 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Reading Celtic are planning on spending £30 million this summer. Fucking ridiculous, I am about done with Scottish football. We are a nation where football is far and away the biggest sporting interest in the country and what a fucking shit league we have to show for it. But none of the powers that be seem to mind. Folk up and down the country love football and when there is something to play for the crowds are huge (i.e. Kilmarnock v Arbroath, Raith v Dunfermline when they were both doing well). The potential is massive. But the SPFL and Sky are happy to just have 2 teams mopping up every penny. I really wish Sevco had the balls to apply for the English leagues when they started up, but they clearly shat it.

Ditto min ditto! It's a poisoned chalice, to many fans have just accepted it over the years, and wiggy well him saying we need a strong rangers back in the leauge ?. He's a piece of shit same as cormack. These charlatans should always be made aware of what us fans think of them.

31 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Not worried about that signing, he's 36 so past it, but still if it was just as back up coming off the bench mostly then ok. 

I fear this window like many before.

We only have ourselves to blame for not kicking on in 2018 when we’d just finished 2nd. Could’ve bought Christie but we were waiting all summer on Celtic to make their minds up if they wanted him or not. If we’d offered a bit more then their minds would’ve been made up. Everyone could see he was going to be worth a few million couple years down the line. Few other players could’ve been bought in a speculate to accumulate approach with a much more likely chance of european football. We’re miles off that now.

6 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

We only have ourselves to blame for not kicking on in 2018 when we’d just finished 2nd. Could’ve bought Christie but we were waiting all summer on Celtic to make their minds up if they wanted him or not. If we’d offered a bit more then their minds would’ve been made up. Everyone could see he was going to be worth a few million couple years down the line. Few other players could’ve been bought in a speculate to accumulate approach with a much more likely chance of european football. We’re miles off that now.

My recollection is that Celtic had accepted our bid but one of their players was injured and they wanted him to stay as cover, the injury proved worse than first thought and the transfer window closed. Meanwhile Christie established himself in the Celtic side and became an integral part of their plans

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

My recollection is that Celtic had accepted our bid but one of their players was injured and they wanted him to stay as cover, the injury proved worse than first thought and the transfer window closed. Meanwhile Christie established himself in the Celtic side and became an integral part of their plans

Thought the deal was only going through if they had successfully signed John McGinn

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Deal for Christie fell through because their usual biscuit tin cheapskateness saw them miss out on McGinn did it not?

That’s what I remembered, Celtic tried to lowball hibs for mcginn and we suffered for it, am sure someone important for them got injured and they had to play Christie, he done well for them, and well,

The rest is history.

ps,( Christie father was also saying not to come here if I recall as well, and decided to try and break through into celtics team instead, which he achieved.

11 hours ago, NEM said:

Deal for Christie fell through because their usual biscuit tin cheapskateness saw them miss out on McGinn did it not?

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Thought the deal was only going through if they had successfully signed John McGinn

Aye that might have been it rather than an injury. 

Hibs are hoping to add another new face to the first-team squad within the next few days, but although wingers Aiden McGeady and Regan Charles-Cook, who are leaving Sunderland and Ross County respectively, remain very real options, neither are expected to be imminent arrivals. (The Scotsman)

Hibs seemingly interested in Regan Charles-Cook.