Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

7 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Fucks sake, what a shit signing.

Neilson hasn’t a fucking clue if this is the depths he is plumbing

A desperate, short sighted signing.

Previously I suggested we would finish above Hearts this season more in hope than anything else.

However the way the Watery Farts have started the season, on and off the pitch, really confident now + would imagine that wee Robbie will be visiting the job centre before the season is out.

6 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Between Humphreys and Snodgrass, yeah, underwhelmed.

Snodgrass was a great player but now 35 and very few aging ex EPL players come up here for a last hurrah and do well.

Will settle for sub status and decent free kicks. Yeah, plus top bants. How many points do we get for nailing shoes to the floorboards?

The odd one does well (Barry Robson for us as an example) but on the whole signing players in their mid 30's rarely ends well. We experienced that recently with the likes of Brown and Bryson. Fletcher has looked very poor for Dundee Utd so far. McGeady will do fuck all at Hibs. Snodgrass won't have come cheap with wages either time will tell he might do ok if he can somehow stay off the treatment table. 

• 2 months later...

I think the jury is still out on Scales.

He's been one of our better...and consistent....performers so far.

If Celtic were happy to take £250k in January, I'd agree we should go for it. If they wanted the £500k it was speculated they might want at the end of his contract (with us)....then I'd say hold off till summer and see who else might be available. If there's no one obviously at least as good and available cheaper then I'd probably accept us paying the £500k but certainly no more. Of course if he's excellent in the second half of the season other clubs might come into the equation. If they're willing to go higher than £500k I'd say they are welcome to him

Scales has been decent enough for us so far, but not so good that he'll have clubs queueing up to sign him for £500k.

Have Celtic not just signed another Japanese defender? And are about to sign a Canadian defender as well?

Scales won't be getting anywhere near the starting 11 there. Something like £300k and maybe a sell on clause or something should be enough unless Celtic are awkward.

We are putting Scales in the shop window. He's already on the fringes of the ROI international squad so it's not as if he's a total unknown.

If we think he's good enough to sign, then so might clubs at the bottom end of the English Championship and certainly middle to top EFL1. His pricetag certainly won't discourage them.

It then becomes a question of who can offer him the best contract. I'd imagine clubs of that level can fairly easily match anything we might offer. 

On 11/25/2022 at 5:16 AM, Ten Caat said:

We are putting Scales in the shop window. He's already on the fringes of the ROI international squad so it's not as if he's a total unknown.

If we think he's good enough to sign, then so might clubs at the bottom end of the English Championship and certainly middle to top EFL1. His pricetag certainly won't discourage them.

It then becomes a question of who can offer him the best contract. I'd imagine clubs of that level can fairly easily match anything we might offer. 

Zero puns, carp post 

3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Worth a look?

If he could undergo some therapy (I'd say hypnosis) to make him concentrate and stay focussed then absolutely. He was absolutely magnificent in the game he played for Scotland and for a few games for Hibs immediately prior and after.

Sadly he's went to shit since and he's got too big for his boots. 

He's certainly better than our captain. But I'd imagine he's looking for cash that you'll only get with the arse cheeks in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

If he could undergo some therapy (I'd say hypnosis) to make him concentrate and stay focussed then absolutely. He was absolutely magnificent in the game he played for Scotland and for a few games for Hibs immediately prior and after.

He's certainly better than our captain. But I'd imagine he's looking for cash that you'll only get with the arse cheeks in Scotland. 

I’d say it’s highly unlikely either of the cheeks will bid for him. An English championship side in the lower reaches will no doubt have already whispered in his agents’ ear. 
Boy is a bam but maybe being  away from Edinburgh will mature him

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe the Bognor Regis B team are looking for a centre half. 
Surely no decent club will want the useless cunt? 

Just seen he was actually with us as a youth. 

The loon can play when his mind is focussed. As I said already, he was fucking magnificent against Ukraine. If he wasn't certain that he was going to get a decent move on the expiration of his contract in the summer (at the latest) I'm sure there would have been no statement about his intentions.....he'd just have kept quiet, and keeping the option of still re-signing with Hibs open as a safety net.

30 minutes ago, Russell said:

Mid Championship at best. The boy Kerr (?) At St. Johnstone seems a better player and I think he ended up league 1

Signed for Wigan when they were in League 1 but now in the Championship. 

19 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Seen some Hibs fans on Twitter talking about it and they said Porteous is currently on £2k a week and they offered him £10k a week on his new contract 😂😂. Don't believe that for a second. And let's be honest if Hibs offered him £10k a week he'd sign the fucking thing and if his performances picked up again teams would still come in for him. That wage is a drop in the ocean for Championship clubs.