Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Declan Gallagher. 

David Bates. 

END. 

Hearts wanted him and he chose Aberdeen . So this one is bitterness.

Aside from that you name 2 players of ours whereas your entire squad / your manager and your club ethos as long as anyone remembers is hoofball hammer throwers. I'll admit you are evolving this season , in so far as cheating for penalties is back!

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Aside from that you name 2 players of ours whereas your entire squad / your manager and your club ethos as long as anyone remembers is hoofball hammer throwers. I'll admit you are evolving this season , in so far as cheating for penalties is back!

If Hearts don’t get the first goal through a soft pen, they’ll be in trouble.

‘Seems like their getting a bit of luck that Hibs had at the start of last year.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

If Hearts don’t get the first goal through a soft pen, they’ll be in trouble.

‘Seems like their getting a bit of luck that Hibs had at the start of last year.

Are penalties 'lucky' though?

Or does it mean you are successfully getting the ball into the opposition box in areas that are causing them problems?

Ferguson has scored a fair few penalties for us the last 2 seasons as well.  Was that luck or did we earn them by forcing the opposition into fouling our players?

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Or does it mean you are successfully getting the ball into the opposition box in areas that are causing them problems?

Ferguson has scored a fair few penalties for us the last 2 seasons as well.  Was that luck or did we earn them by forcing the opposition into fouling our players?

In Hearts case its that GMS is part cheat and part shite (unable to control the ball) . 

29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Its true you make your own luck. By luck I meant the last couple that Hearts have received have allowed them to go in front of the game. Thats different from Ferguson scoring a pen in the 90'th minute when were 3 down for example.

Take the pen against us. Technically it was a pen, but many pundits also remarked it was soft. On another day, that's not given (or would we have gotten such a pen). Hearts then tried to game manage the remaining time which obviously was not successful

Their pen against Utd looked even softer with GMS going down after the fact. I don't believe there was sufficient contact to bring him down. Even with that pen, the rebound fell kindly to Boyce to tap in.

During our game against Raith, there was two strong shouts for handball in the first half. Not seen any replays to confirm if they were pens or not, vut had we been awarded a pen, that would most likely have changed the game as Ross County could not then just sit in and hit on the counter.

So the point I was trying to make (although probably badly), is that Hearts will be unlikely to rely on getting the first goal from a penalty

2 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

He was on a list we had. We enquired about him. Then got Taylor Moore. Who was a preferred option. Primarily because he's a ball playing centre half that can bring the ball out of defence. Bristol City fans felt he wasn't physical enough. Nobody has accused Bates of not being physical. Or of playing football. 

Mid table hammer throwing Dons. ?

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Its true you make your own luck. By luck I meant the last couple that Hearts have received have allowed them to go in front of the game. Thats different from Ferguson scoring a pen in the 90'th minute when were 3 down for example.

Take the pen against us. Technically it was a pen, but many pundits also remarked it was soft. On another day, that's not given (or would we have gotten such a pen). Hearts then tried to game manage the remaining time which obviously was not successful

Their pen against Utd looked even softer with GMS going down after the fact. I don't believe there was sufficient contact to bring him down. Even with that pen, the rebound fell kindly to Boyce to tap in.

During our game against Raith, there was two strong shouts for handball in the first half. Not seen any replays to confirm if they were pens or not, vut had we been awarded a pen, that would most likely have changed the game as Ross County could not then just sit in and hit on the counter.

So the point I was trying to make (although probably badly), is that Hearts will be unlikely to rely on getting the first goal from a penalty

If. If if.

If me auntie had balls she'd be me uncle... 

Brent.

24 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

He was on a list we had. We enquired about him. Then got Taylor Moore. Who was a preferred option. Primarily because he's a ball playing centre half that can bring the ball out of defence. Bristol City fans felt he wasn't physical enough. Nobody has accused Bates of not being physical. Or of playing football. 

Mid table hammer throwing Dons. ?

Guesswork!

Hearts as a club make no attempt to play football, never have.

I dont know why you are triggered for Hearts being called out for what they are.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aye would much rather be "Relegation tinpot cunts" 

Hearts headlines today.

Hearts become the largest fan owned club in the UK and field congratulations from clubs all over the UK from Crystal Palace up to Newcastle. With Newcastle saying our actions specifically made them start the same process. Hearts fans being their inspiration. 

Aberdeen headlines today. 

Michael Gove was out nightclubbing. 

34 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

If. If if.

If me auntie had balls she'd be me uncle... 

Brent.

Your Auntie probably was your uncle.

You're currently having good fortune that Hibs had last year. I can't see it lasting.

Craig Gordon was the MOTM against United, without him, you'd be relegation fodder.........again.....

Just now, afc1903mad said:

Your Auntie probably was your uncle.

You're currently having good fortune that Hibs had last year. I can't see it lasting.

Craig Gordon was the MOTM against United, without him, you'd be relegation fodder.........again.....

Do you think Hibs finished ahead of us last year because of good fortune? 

Sometimes it's better to realise we just  weren't good enough. 

11 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Hearts headlines today.

Hearts become the largest fan owned club in the UK and field congratulations from clubs all over the UK from Crystal Palace up to Newcastle. With Newcastle saying our actions specifically made them start the same process. Hearts fans being their inspiration. 

Fans owned but not fans controlled I hear.

Its an interesting concept, one which may work in the Scottish league where the finances may just make it work. English Premiership, let see.

Will the concept work long term for Hearts, well its an experiment yet to see the results.

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think Hibs finished ahead of us last year because of good fortune? 

Sometimes it's better to realise we just  weren't good enough. 

No.

They kept pace with us initially, but we had such a long run of poor results after Christmas, they should have been much further ahead of us than they were.

16 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Hearts headlines today.

You just concentrate on staying out of play parks. 

The real edinburgh news.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/play-park-ban-for-edinburgh-pervert-caught-with-sickening-videos-3364733%3famp

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Over the season yes, I'm not saying otherwise. I was reflecting that at the start of last season, Hibs were getting some good luck.

Do you think they weren't?

If you mean getting penalties as luck then no.  I already said I don't subscribe to the theory that winning penalties is lucky.

23 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Hearts headlines today.

The fans going to pay the 98p in the pound you stiffed your creditors for?  

Fucking tinpot

• Upvote 2
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

If you mean getting penalties as luck then no.  I already said I don't subscribe to the theory that winning penalties is lucky.

I can't even recall the specifics, just recall a bit of talk how they were getting decisions and results which gave them good fortune.

Its not worth a debate on it though.

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

The fans going to pay the 98p in the pound you stiffed your creditors for?  

Fucking tinpot

Its a good job that Hearts are now fan owned.

Previously the Owners have stolen the poppy fund and it was the fans that repaid the stolen money.

Maybe they'll become a much better club as a result.

It'll certainly be much harder for them to live outwith their mean to the extent they previously did

I like the concept of fan ownership. And I am genuinely proud of the fan base for what we've now done out of adversity. 

Of course it doesn't mean fans run and manage the club. Or we'd have Rab fae Muirhouse going into one about playing with a sweeper. Or wee Jimmy fae Balgreen saying his mate could manage the bar. We need to have a professional Board. But. It'll have a fan shareholder on it. And fans can sack the Board. We ultimately are the majority owner now. And can hold votes as such on major decisions. 

As I watch clubs down south sell themselves to Dubai billionaires. And move out of town to plastic bowls. I applaud Hearts for only cememting ourselves into our local community more and more. 

I know we all think our clubs are unique. But this honestly makes me proud of Hearts. And I think Aberdeen and Hibs especially should follow suit. Scottish football could be like the German model. Even more so. 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

It'll have a fan shareholder on it. And fans can sack the Board. We ultimately are the majority owner now. And can hold votes as such on major decisions. 

How does that work? does each shareholder fan get to proportionally ballot their preference.

It seems to me a bit like my pension, where I put in contributions and can vote for who joins the board, but ultimately I have practically no influence on how they invest my investment.

Will the fans vote for how much budget should be allocated? Do they vote to be exuberant and speculate for success or will they vote to be cautious and live within their means.

What happens if there is a poor season?

Barcelona would be probably the biggest example of a "members owned club" and whilst they have been successful in the past, financially, they are in deep trouble.

Its going to be an interesting time to see how Hearts handle it and whether it turns out to be successful or not.

Sure, all new adventures start of with a real positive mindset, but when the going gets tough, how will it pan out?

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

How does that work? does each shareholder fan get to proportionally ballot their preference.

It seems to me a bit like my pension, where I put in contributions and can vote for who joins the board, but ultimately I have practically no influence on how they invest my investment.

Will the fans vote for how much budget should be allocated? Do they vote to be exuberant and speculate for success or will they vote to be cautious and live within their means.

What happens if there is a poor season?

Barcelona would be probably the biggest example of a "members owned club" and whilst they have been successful in the past, financially, they are in deep trouble.

Its going to be an interesting time to see how Hearts handle it and whether it turns out to be successful or not.

Sure, all new adventures start of with a real positive mindset, but when the going gets tough, how will it pan out?

The honest answer is I've no idea. Me and my pals went into the 1874 bar in the new stand. Had to leave cos Hearts fans were that annoying. Just cos you support the same team doesn't mean group think. I'm sure Aberdeen fans annoy you too. Now imagine 9,000 as shareholders all feeling an inflated sense of entitlement around their views. They'll be at each others throats about what picture to use on the Report and Accounts. 

It'll be an adventure as you say.