...and Then There's This Mad Bastard

Ke1t

Two things, related, and worth considering in the context of how best to save kids lives.

http://youtu.be/SnaC_4cD6yU

So that's Kirk... the sort of lad who's coming to kill your kids.

One school in Alabama has come up with a brilliant way of dealing with Kirk's sort, though. Let's just say Kirk has broken into your kid's school, and he's stalking the corridors armed with his axe, and let's just say that he didn't take his meds that morning, so he's kinda grumpy. How do you minimise the chances of Kirk chopping your kid to pieces with his axe?

Alabama reckons you arm your kid with a can of peas.

Send your 8 year old kid to school armed with a can of peas, or beans if you're posh, and as soon as Kirk starts his shit your 8 year old kid confronts Kirk with his can of legumes. It's not going to send Kirk into an even greater frenzy that some kid just bounced a tin of beans off his heid, according to Alabama, it's in fact going to bewilder and bamboozle Kirk for just long enough for the cops to arrive.

Dumbest Fucking Idea Ever

Anyway, here's more of Kirk.

cans14n_9_web.jpg

it may not be the brightest idea ever, but if evacuation weren't possible, and the teacher had barricaded the classroom door and the intruder had entered the classroom, it's better than nothing. hopefully at least a few kids in the class have a decent throwing arm and hit the target.

and presumably the police would have been called and would arrive shortly.

dorky as it is, it's a far better idea, in my mind, than giving teachers or other school administrators guns for protection.

it may not be the brightest idea ever, but if evacuation weren't possible, and the teacher had barricaded the classroom door and the intruder had entered the classroom, it's better than nothing. hopefully at least a few kids in the class have a decent throwing arm and hit the target.

and presumably the police would have been called and would arrive shortly.

dorky as it is, it's a far better idea, in my mind, than giving teachers or other school administrators guns for protection.

I don't know if you saw Kirk in the video there, but a kid with a can of lentils isn't phasing Kirk when Kirk's in the zone. I don't want my kid presenting himself before Kirk in a futile and almost certainly fatal attempt to ding Kirk with a can. I want my kid doing a Boofon and hiding from Kirk until Kirk is dealt with.

I'd much rather have a couple of teachers, after a thorough psychological profiling is done, being allowed to conceal carry in order to deal with Kirk properly.

Kirk's mental. Beans aren't stopping Kirk.

Damn fine idea, handy for hostage situations as well if the kids get hungry, would need to be ring pull cans though, I'd take beans with little sausages in, they're tasty.

The Luke's of you and I bro would be ace in a hostage situation.

Ability to pack a punch AND think on our feet.

#completepackage

:cool:

I don't know if you saw Kirk in the video there, but a kid with a can of lentils isn't phasing Kirk when Kirk's in the zone. I don't want my kid presenting himself before Kirk in a futile and almost certainly fatal attempt to ding Kirk with a can. I want my kid doing a Boofon and hiding from Kirk until Kirk is dealt with.

I'd much rather have a couple of teachers, after a thorough psychological profiling is done, being allowed to conceal carry in order to deal with Kirk properly.

no i'm with you on that one. kids in cupboards. teachers tossing beans. and lentils.

i still wouldn't trust any school administrators with actual firearms though. i think that's a recipe for disaster at some point.

I can run a personal training session for him if you like.

Two years ago tomorrow that shit went down. Nice lady at the BBC brought that to my attention today.

I can run a personal training session for him if you like.

Two years ago tomorrow that shit went down. Nice lady at the BBC brought that to my attention today.

If you had been armed with, say, a can of spaghettios, would you have felt empowered and capable of protecting yourself from the guys with the assault rifles?

Alabamians seem to think so.

If you had been armed with, say, a can of spaghettios, would you have felt empowered and capable of protecting yourself from the guys with the assault rifles?

Alabamians seem to think so.

If I had the strength to throw the said can of spaghettios through the wall and be able to kill them in the same way as they could fire their assault rifles through the walls then yes I'd say it's fair game.

Unfortunately I cannot throw a tin of food through a wall. Yet.

Two things, related, and worth considering in the context of how best to save kids lives.

http://youtu.be/SnaC_4cD6yU

So that's Kirk... the sort of lad who's coming to kill your kids.

One school in Alabama has come up with a brilliant way of dealing with Kirk's sort, though. Let's just say Kirk has broken into your kid's school, and he's stalking the corridors armed with his axe, and let's just say that he didn't take his meds that morning, so he's kinda grumpy. How do you minimise the chances of Kirk chopping your kid to pieces with his axe?

Alabama reckons you arm your kid with a can of peas.

Send your 8 year old kid to school armed with a can of peas, or beans if you're posh, and as soon as Kirk starts his shit your 8 year old kid confronts Kirk with his can of legumes. It's not going to send Kirk into an even greater frenzy that some kid just bounced a tin of beans off his heid, according to Alabama, it's in fact going to bewilder and bamboozle Kirk for just long enough for the cops to arrive.

Dumbest Fucking Idea Ever

Anyway, here's more of Kirk.

cans14n_9_web.jpg

Holly shit.....that guy is fucking mental.

Tin of beans to stun the intruder ??.....if I saw him I think I would be stunned....wide eyed....shiting myself.