The "dan Ward Is A Legend" Thread

Might look a bit foolish in a few months… Get this lad signed up now, clearly Rogers hasn't a clue what talent looks like… 5 year contract etc etc etc...

Had a shaky first game but pretty much saved us on Thursday and I reckon once he's played a few games understanding and marshalling the defence he'll be great for us. Also a bonus that he doesn't have crisp packets for hands and isn't from Paisley…

He looks like a legend purely because of the incompetent Mongol who's held the jersey on off for the last 8 years. Like a breath of fresh air seeing a confident keeper, willing to come off his line and help out the 4 boys in front of him. He's only played a couple of times and already you can see the whole team will improve knowing there's not a glaekit shite hoose standing behind them screaming utter stoor at them. His distribution and shot stopping look good, and we've an able number 2 in Scott Brown there aswell. Maybe some actual coaching from Gordon Marshall will bring out the best in him instead of volleys aimed at his face from 6 yards continuously by the equally incompetent Jim Leighton.

• Upvote 4

If nothing else, Ward proves that there are decent goalkeepers out there if we make a determined effort to source one.

We don't have to settle for the Browns and Clangers of the world, and we shouldn't.

You'd have been laughed at for such a post in the past.

Some idiot would have said "name one" or something along those lines

You'd have been laughed at for such a post in the past.

Some idiot would have said "name one" or something along those lines

Well, now we'd just say 'Dan Ward', and that would be the end of that conversation :)

Negative vibes don't help anyone... we all need to have a more positive outlook.

Doesn't cost anything to be an upbeat motherfucker.

:thumbup1:

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else understand the love in the Jutes have with their new keeper Zwick (or whatever he's called) ?

They are delighted with him but I thought he looked pretty dire myself. Especially coming for high balls.

They're all talking about him like he's Dan Ward or something.

It's quite cute.

Does anyone else understand the love in the Jutes have with their new keeper Zwick (or whatever he's called) ?

They are delighted with him but I thought he looked pretty dire myself. Especially coming for high balls.

They're all talking about him like he's Dan Ward or something.

It's quite cute.

The jutes are shite

He's shite

Match made in a shitey jute heaven

Get him signed. Break the bank. First competent AFC keeper in over a decade.

He's on a 5 year contract with Liverpool. I would imagine they are thinking long term with him and that this year is the first step of his apprenticeship. We'll never get him, even if we had Man City millions at our disposal. Liverpool wouldn't sell.

Welcome back, min

Seconded.

The fact he'll still be 23 and on a four year deal at Liverpool next year then I wouldn't worry too much about us losing him. Sure if a premiership team want him and willing to make him number 1 then that would be a good option for Liverpool but if its us versus (League 1 and Championship) lower clubs then I'd fancy our chances of retaining him if he's enjoying it and settled here

I think folk are getting a bit carried away with the praise for Ward. Undoubtedly he looks like he may be the best keeper we've had for a few years but that doesn't take much!

I'm not 100% convinced by him yet and can't get that crazy moment in Macedonia out of my head when, well I'm not sure what he was playing at but Quinn saved his embarrassment with a last ditch tackle with the goal wide open.

Here's hoping he carries on improving as he could be a huge asset to us this season and gain us valuable points.