Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

"Before this season I said we'd do well to finish top 6, out squad looked too threadbare/unproven at the level for me.

Think now we'll finish 2nd.

I doubt Aberdeen could rest key players and cope with injuries to so many first teamers and still outclass sides like we are."

Jambos eh :rolleyes:

It's actually their last FOUR games in a row they have been given a penalty. Counting their cup as well.

Tonights was never a penalty & even if there was a foul it must have been outside the box.

2 of those bankrolled by someone that nearly bankrupted them.

That maroon Mad Dog has gone to your heid min!

Forget about Hearts - no need to be so cynical - remember where we are as a club now. They can no longer spend money beyond their means and we have also learned the same lesson. We as a club should be focusing on ourselves - we are financially better off then Hearts even when you take into account the season ticket sales. The past 20 year period has been without doubt our worst and arguably their best in our respective clubs histories - all they have to show is 3 scottish cups - 2 of which were from cheating. We even advanced further in Europe.

So long as we continue to function in our current manner (hopefully we will see some news regarding a new stadium and training facilities because as you mentioned its dragging on) we will be beyond their reach.

• Upvote 2

Forget about Hearts - no need to be so cynical - remember where we are as a club now. They can no longer spend money beyond their means and we have also learned the same lesson. We as a club should be focusing on ourselves - we are financially better off then Hearts even when you take into account the season ticket sales. The past 20 year period has been without doubt our worst and arguably their best in our respective clubs histories - all they have to show is 3 scottish cups - 2 of which were from cheating. We even advanced further in Europe.

So long as we continue to function in our current manner (hopefully we will see some news regarding a new stadium and training facilities because as you mentioned its dragging on) we will be beyond their reach.

Not so sure we are really.

Both clubs have no debt (they cleared theirs by side stepping it) we cleared ours by having some generous donations from a fantastic couple.

They have a far better training facility than we do (worth decent money) in fact we don't have one.

Their ground is worth a lot more (as an asset) than Pittodrie because of it's location.

Plus they sell more tickets than us & (guessing here) they likely have a smaller wage bill.

Financially they are (at very least) on a par with us now if not better.

Hughes really is a fkn arse.

Caley support must be pulling their hair out with this cunt sometimes with the pish he speaks. "Celtic have the best fans" :spunk:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have taken former Torquay United winger Toby Ajala on trial.

Manager John Hughes is keen to add to his strike-force after conceding that his side are struggling to make an impact in the final third of the park.

"Other clubs were trying to get him on trial so we're delighted to get him here," Hughes told BBC Scotland.

"He watched the game last night and trained very well this morning so hopefully that might be the one."

Hughes hopes Englishman Ajala, who scored five goals in 45 appearances for Torquay during the 2014-15 campaign, can inject some pace and technical ability to their forward line.

Inverness travel to face Celtic on Saturday, with Hughes adamant he won't use the controversial comments from Celtic assistant manager John Collins as motivation for his players.

Hughes believes it's Ronny Deila's team that might use the criticism they've faced as a result of those comments as motivation to prove they were right.

"Now that one or two in Scottish football's had a go at them, they will be using that as a siege mentality," he added.

"They will be wanting to prove everybody wrong that what John Collins says is right. It's up to the rest of Scottish football to keep at them and get after them - they are the benchmark.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was one big ploy by Celtic in the hope that teams would attack/open up more against them rather than sitting in.

Really hope it backfires on them big time & teams actually capitalise on this & ask a lot more questions of their fantastically superior impenetrable defence with all their defenders that are far too good for the SPFL

Both clubs have no debt (they cleared theirs by side stepping it) we cleared ours by having some generous donations from a fantastic couple.

They have a far better training facility than we do (worth decent money) in fact we don't have one.

Their ground is worth a lot more (as an asset) than Pittodrie because of it's location.

Plus they sell more tickets than us & (guessing here) they likely have a smaller wage bill.

Whilst being slightly pedantic, Hearts don't have their "own" training ground.

Whilst being slightly pedantic, Hearts don't have their "own" training ground.

True true. & they actually still owed Heriot Watt Uni a substantial debt from when they went into admin but have agreed a deal (probably a few p in the £) & still have the use of it.

Wonder how much they pay a year now that they are free from debt again?

Reminds me of those young upstarts Hamilton last season but with a lot more arrogant support.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/billy-king-reckons-hearts-can-finish-in-top-four-1-3858112

True, but in reality look at the rest of the league: united -pish, dundee -look ok, sj -meh, caley -taken apart

Is there anyone else to make up the top four? But agreed, their bubble will burst just not so dramatically as accies' did :dance:

It's only natural that in any competitive sport you look towards your closet rivals in regards to strengths/ weaknesses and how they are performing when compared to you - in the past 20 years I think it's fair to say that Hearts have been our most comparable rival. You could even argue both Hibs and Utd into that equation. There was a time when we were comparing ourselves with the OF however that changed due to the poor management of our club. My view is that we have learned from our previous mistakes and should focus on what we are doing and forget about the likes of Utd, The Rangers, Hearts etc... Currently we are in the best financial position we've been in for many a year.

Hearts don't own their training grounds - Heriot Watt do. We are looking to co own ours - had the training plan been giving the go ahead - we'd have co owed the best training facilities outside of the OF. Believe it would have cost around 7 million to build.

It was only recently that we learned that the land that Pittodrie sits on is valued around 22 million - Tynecastle was reported around 10 million - which beggars another question? who'd would want to build anything in Gorgie.

Our corporate seats alone generate more money than the total season ticket sales of Hearts.

I think you'll find currently we are in a considerable better financial position.

And I can confirm both super Al and Crashnyploshnit did not +1 me - I'm sure the admins have a way of finding out who did.

Seaton is hardly The Ritz

Yeah, I am not defending Pittodrie, both as a stadium or location but what I am saying is Gorgie is a shithole worth fuck all.

Also, I don't believe the £22M figure for Pittodrie is correct, we had it up for sale at less than £22M and still attracted the grand sum of no bids.

Yeah, I am not defending Pittodrie, both as a stadium or location but what I am saying is Gorgie is a shithole worth fuck all.

Also, I don't believe the £22M figure for Pittodrie is correct, we had it up for sale at less than £22M and still attracted the grand sum of no bids.

Of course it's not correct. It came from a schizophrenic nut job on a online football forum.

Knock down the Main and Merkland and rebuild.

Fin.

Isn't the South Stand sinking, I remember attending a meeting years ago where Aberdeen claimed this, may even have been a meeting held in the RDS.

They've claimed many things throughout the years. One being that nothing could be built on the land behind the South because of what formally resided there (or something along those lines) then low and behold a host of flats gets erected.

Always thought the ground was in a perfect location personally and the re-development of it was never taken seriously.

They've claimed many things throughout the years. One being that nothing could be built on the land behind the South because of what formally resided there (or something along those lines) then low and behold a host of flats gets erected.

Always thought the ground was in a perfect location personally and the re-development of it was never taken seriously.

The South is pish and antiquated. We need somewhere new because Pittodrie just isn't good enough. Look around the ground next time you're down. It's just a dump. Especially the back of the Merkland and South. The corner between the Merkland and Main is terrible as well. There's not enough cosmetic surgery in the world to make Pittodrie a viable solution for the next 20 years.