Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

Big 3 games coming up for us if we can somehow win all 3 we should be right back in the mix for europe and 3rd place. Will be tough at St Johnstone but we tend to do better against them away from home. Hibs have to play 4 times before they play us (the cup final is 3 days before the game) whereas we only have to play once so hopefully we can take advantage of their fixture congestion. And we really need to be beating Dundee at home. Win those games and the home fixture against the huns takes care of itself.

Glass really needs to start winning games away from home no time like the present.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Hearts have been utterly appalling and yet again they are winning. Standard Hearts performance this season. Same applies to Dundee Utd.

Hearts without Craig Gordon would be in the bottom six.

They won't give a fucking shit

We were utterly appalling for the majority of the season and our results reflected that. Our defence were embarrassingly bad despite us having the majority of possession in most matches outwith the arse cheek games.

If you have a good goalkeeper and a competent defence you can do reasonably well in Scotland

48 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Hearts have been utterly appalling and yet again they are winning. Standard Hearts performance this season. Same applies to Dundee Utd.

Hearts without Craig Gordon would be in the bottom six.

Agree, they were extremely lucky to go in all square. Livi twice hit the post and a couple of exceptional saves by Gordon.

without him, they’d struggle far more. I’m sure even Hearts fans would agree

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

If you have a good goalkeeper and a competent defence you can do reasonably well in Scotland

100% which is why I was so disgusted with Glass’s shite efforts in his first window. He seemed to treat defence as an inconvenience rather than major starting point to build a team from. 

Look at St Johnstone last season & Livi prior. A decent defence is a major boost in Scottish football. 

Basics

33 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

100% which is why I was so disgusted with Glass’s shite efforts in his first window. He seemed to treat defence as an inconvenience rather than major starting point to build a team from. 

Look at St Johnstone last season & Livi prior. A decent defence is a major boost in Scottish football. 

Basics

It takes time for a defence to build up a relationship. Didn’t the St Johnstone defence have years of stability.

To be fair to St Johnstone, it’s not their defence this year that’s the issue, having conceded the 3rd fewest goals in the league.

Hoping we change that a bit next week, although I’d happily take a 1-0 win for us if it was offered right now

12 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Agree, they were extremely lucky to go in all square. Livi twice hit the post and a couple of exceptional saves by Gordon.

without him, they’d struggle far more. I’m sure even Hearts fans would agree

Our forums are full of this point. We deserved little if anything at Livi. I've seen great keepers at Hearts like Rousset and Niemi. But Gordon is a different level. Only a question mark over his commanding of the area stopped a move to Liverpool years ago from Hearts first time round. He then signed for Sunderland. And then was at Old Trafford for a medical but a question mark over an injury stopped a move. 

I genuinely believe he's top EPL standard and we're getting his closing best years of ability plus experience. And yes probably the difference this year between 3rd and 7th or 8th as the team is now flagging but Gordon is already looking like Scotland's player of the year. 

Note. Player of the year will be Morelos or McGregor. Just cos. 

2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Hey Parklife. 

Tbf there's usually a stand out player in Glasgow, but not really this year. While Gordon's worst game so far has been an 8.5 kinda game.

He should walk it. Should. 

Totally agree and I can't see the Scottish PFA award going to anyone else

However the Scottish Football Writers Award will be another matter altogether. Can't see it going to anyone outwith the bigoted duo. My guess so long as he stays fit and continues to score at his present rate would be Furuhashi, although if sevco stretch their current lead over Celtic and comfortably retain the league it might be seen as difficult to go for him, in which case it'll come from one of Aribo, Kent or a retiring McGregor

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

However the Scottish Football Writers Award will be another matter altogether. Can't see it going to anyone outwith the bigoted duo. My guess so long as he stays fit and continues to score at his present rate would be Furuhashi, although if sevco stretch their current lead over Celtic and comfortably retain the league it might be seen as difficult to go for him, in which case it'll come from one of Aribo, Kent or a retiring McGregor

Aye 

Aribo at the Huns or the cheating Japanese boy will get the vote 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Probably give it to a woman 

so Ryan Hedges 

• Haha 1