Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

9 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Agreed, nice to see a team (Arbroath) playing the long ball with the goalie hoofing it up the park at every opportunity. 

Too much shite teams playing out from the back thinking they’re Man City these days, passing it aboot the back with no end product.

Agreed. It’s grim to watch. Everyone wants to play like man city but thinks they can do it with players worth 100k and not 100 million

18 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

See Aberdeen fans are still completely obsessed with McInnes. Sad.

I can’t wait until next season when Killie grind out a shitey 1-0 win & folk will say we should never have sacked McInnes.

Sacking McInnes & us not improving doesn’t mean it wasn’t the right time to part ways.

It’s been done to death. 
He was initially good for us but was here two years too long. 
Managers have shelf lives & he stayed beyond his. 

(And all that’s assuming we’re still in the Premiership next season)

• Upvote 2

We’re probably 3-4 points away from safety (just 3 if those points come v St Johnstone) but I don’t think this side is capable of this. Wouldn’t surprise me if we only manage a couple of draws at best. Finishing the season on about 38 points. That could be enough for 10th place but both St’s sides are quite capable of catching us

Last two games are against both the sides that can catch us. Hopefully us & St Mirren just need a point each to confine St Johnstone to the playoff spot. Wouldn’t be nice for Goodwin if he has to potentially relegate his old club to survive as the players he has to attempt this aren’t good enough ?

On 4/23/2022 at 9:26 AM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I can’t wait until next season when Killie grind out a shitey 1-0 win & folk will say we should never have sacked McInnes.

Sacking McInnes & us not improving doesn’t mean it wasn’t the right time to part ways.

It’s been done to death. 
He was initially good for us but was here two years too long. 
Managers have shelf lives & he stayed beyond his. 

(And all that’s assuming we’re still in the Premiership next season)

It wad only right if we could do better

So far, we haven't been able to

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

It wad only right if we could do better

So far, we haven't been able to

Nothing yet to prove Goodwin is yet worse/better than Mcinnes.

both managers got a team promoted to top flight.

Goodwin hasn’t even had a transfer window yet to put his point across 

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

Agreed

But, so far, its been worse - much, much worse 

Where did Mcinnes’s side finish in his first (end of season) after joining the club after the last transfer window ?

Brown left Mcinnes a far stronger foundation than Glass left Goodwin but neither manager was able to put their stamp on the team without a transfer window. 
Edit. Also worth noting that Brown was still there for Mcinnes when he arrived so he had hands on advice on his new players from their previous manager & he didn’t walk into a side with players that were downing tools in a huff at their manager getting sacked 

Ball is very much in Cormacks court on this next window. He has to back his man if he wants him to compete with Mcinnes 

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And guess what?

A known hun is refereeing… that weak cunt Steven McLean 

Whether the SFA like it or not, the game in this country is not on a level playing field.

Bang on the money. But the ones that are around now are a bit more circumspect in their hunnishness (Beaton in the pub was pretty mild) compared to some of the refs in the 70s/80s/90s

...I'm talking Hugh Dallas, Dougie and Kenny Hope, Andrew Waddell, John Rowbotham etc

I was too young to really remember the ones from the 60s and 70s but my old man was adamant (love Goody Two Shoes) that in that era the refs would openly attend Lodge meetings and participate in Orange Walks

It's always been bad but this season has been a whole new level of a disgrace.

Makes it worse that the only time a dubious ref desicision is discussed by the media is when it directly goes against one of the Glasgow pigs

Never mind the 20 other dodgy calls on their favour during a game but let's discuss in detail a soft yellow against Scott Arfield or some other prick.

I'd love for those pair of arseholes to fuck off out the league 

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Where did Mcinnes’s side finish in his first (end of season) after joining the club after the last transfer window ?

Brown left Mcinnes a far stronger foundation than Glass left Goodwin but neither manager was able to put their stamp on the team without a transfer window. 
Edit. Also worth noting that Brown was still there for Mcinnes when he arrived so he had hands on advice on his new players from their previous manager & he didn’t walk into a side with players that were downing tools in a huff at their manager getting sacked 

Ball is very much in Cormacks court on this next window. He has to back his man if he wants him to compete with Mcinnes 

Be quiet

We are worse since mcinnes left

Hopefully we will get better 

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

Be quiet

We are worse since mcinnes left

Hopefully we will get better 

Of course we are worse I never for a second implied otherwise on that FACT.

That damage was done by Cormack/Glass is all I am saying, even though we were clearly already in decline under Mcinnes. They only made that even worse. 
Goodwin cannot really be labelled as worse/better and than Mcinnes ‘yet’ though because of the mess he inherited & without a window to improve on it.

You are just clinging to the hope that we cannot improve on Mcinnes still clearly 

41 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Of course we are worse I never for a second implied otherwise on that FACT.

That damage was done by Cormack/Glass is all I am saying, even though we were clearly already in decline under Mcinnes. They only made that even worse. 
Goodwin cannot really be labelled as worse/better and than Mcinnes ‘yet’ though because of the mess he inherited & without a window to improve on it.

You are just clinging to the hope that we cannot improve on Mcinnes still clearly 

Hope that we can't improve upon mcinnes?

Are you mad?

Believe me, for a glasgow based aberdeen fan it's all the more important we improve and quickly

Mcinnes gave us the ability to hold our heads high amongst the swathes of celtic/"rangers" fans down here

We are THAT keech now that I don't even get slagged anymore

That hurts

On 5/8/2022 at 1:56 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Didn't he take over with 5 games to go, all in the bottom 6?

Goodwin took over end of February start of March was it? About 2 points off the top 6 and plenty chances to get into it.

Several players from our strongest 11 would get into the Hearts team so why are we so shite as a team? Why can't Goodwin get the best out of them? Where is even a hint of a new manager bounce? We still have plenty good players for this level. I reckon any 1 of Ramsay, McCrorie, Ferguson, Barron, Watkins, Vinnie, Ramirez - would walk into the Hearts team that has coasted 3rd. Certainly not all of them together though apparently. 

Terrible so far but finger crossed he turns it around... seems unlikely though doesnt it.

7 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Didn't he take over with 5 games to go, all in the bottom 6?

Goodwin took over end of February start of March was it? About 2 points off the top 6 and plenty chances to get into it.

Several players from our strongest 11 would get into the Hearts team so why are we so shite as a team? Why can't Goodwin get the best out of them? Where is even a hint of a new manager bounce? We still have plenty good players for this level. I reckon any 1 of Ramsay, McCrorie, Ferguson, Barron, Watkins, Vinnie, Ramirez - would walk into the Hearts team that has coasted 3rd. Certainly not all of them together though apparently. 

Terrible so far but finger crossed he turns it around... seems unlikely though doesnt it.

There's no way Hearts would pick our entire midfield and forward line.

The issue is that collectively our players are less than the sum of their parts.  They just don't compliment each other. Pace and mentality being the main flaws.

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There's no way Hearts would pick our entire midfield and forward line.

The issue is that collectively our players are less than the sum of their parts.  They just don't compliment each other. Pace and mentality being the main flaws.

Continuing to start Hayes the biggest crime he's committed. Hayes has been fucking brutal all season.