Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

I think United’s squad is better than ours to be honest. Look at who they could bring on into the attacking midfield areas and it was Niskanen who has looked very handy and cost them 300k, and McGrath who is proven quality at this level, whilst we have some untested boys in shayden and Roberts. We’ll have to wait and see but if I was to guess, they’ll finish above. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

I think United’s squad is better than ours to be honest. Look at who they could bring on into the attacking midfield areas and it was Niskanen who has looked very handy and cost them 300k, and McGrath who is proven quality at this level, whilst we have some untested boys in shayden and Roberts. We’ll have to wait and see but if I was to guess, they’ll finish above. 

Possibly 

I think we could be anywhere from 3rd to 6th. 

But I’d say the same about Hearts, Hibs & Dundee Utd. 

Wide open. 

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They have a decent starting X1, not sure their squad is that deep though. 

It’s going to be tight between us, DABS, Hibs & the wannabe Huns.

Would welcome all those teams being strong. With us finishing top 3 of course. Makes for a more interesting season. 

Although hearts seem to have taken great confidence from simply being the 10th least shit team last season in a terrible league…. So realistically I’d be more than happy with that

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

It’s why our next signing (or 2) needs to be genuine quality and not just more young, potentially good future prospects. We’ve spent a lot of money this summer and it does look good for the future but a few teams that finished above us last season have also strengthened their squads. We need some really good players that will fit straight into the first eleven or top 3/4 could be a stretch.

50 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

?

Wonder if we even showed any interest in Levitt? With the money we’ve had available (& spent on major unknowns) it’s crazy if we had no interest in beating Utd to his sig.

Admittedly not seen that much of Levitt but what I have seen has been decent quality & potential to be great. Definitely will be a major asset for the jutes. 

maybe he ‘had the wrong attitude’ for JG ?

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Wonder if we even showed any interest in Levitt? With the money we’ve had available (& spent on major unknowns) it’s crazy if we had no interest in beating Utd to his sig.

Admittedly not seen that much of Levitt but what I have seen has been decent quality & potential to be great. Definitely will be a major asset for the jutes. 

maybe he ‘had the wrong attitude’ for JG ?

He was on loan at United and obviously enjoyed it. Nothing crazy about anything or attitudes but carry on being a weird drama queen.

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He was on loan at United and obviously enjoyed it. Nothing crazy about anything or attitudes but carry on being a weird drama queen.

How’s that being a drama queen you overreacting woman?

Of all the signings by (the other 9) clubs in our league this season. He is probably the only one I feel I would have liked us to get him. 

Nothing dramatic about that you weirdo. 
Carry on with your confrontational BS you all you want you saddo pleb ?

8 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

I'm not so sure. I'm also not worried about them long term/beyond this season either.

They lost Siegrist, he was a big player for them. Fletcher and Mulgrew are big players for them as well. 35 and 36, not much more lefy to offer and no resale. Fletcher looks capable of helping them out this season though. McGrath is there on a 1 year loan. They paid a fee for Levitt who's only signed a 2 year deal. To cash in he'll probably only last a season. Watt, Clark, Sibbald, Harkes. Meh, not bothered for any of them.

Niskanen is not bad like you say. The wee hun prick Middleton, is decent on his day but it's his inconsistency that's seen him go from being at the huns, to a few loans and then ultimately at united.

Their isn't many of their squad at all that I'd be expecting to improve our squad.

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How’s that being a drama queen you overreacting woman?

Of all the signings by (the other 9) clubs in our league this season. He is probably the only one I feel I would have liked us to get him. 

Nothing dramatic about that you weirdo. 
Carry on with your confrontational BS you all you want you saddo pleb ?

Nobody cares which player you wanted though. That’s why it’s not “crazy” that we didn’t sign him or whatever. 

“saddo pleb” lol. Razor sharp.

28 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Nobody cares which player you wanted though. That’s why it’s not “crazy” that we didn’t sign him or whatever. 

“saddo pleb” lol. Razor sharp.

How’s Klopp and the rest of the lads getting on?

heard the anfield canteen had fish curry on Wednesday, nice was it?

2 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I'm not so sure. I'm also not worried about them long term/beyond this season either.

They lost Siegrist, he was a big player for them. Fletcher and Mulgrew are big players for them as well. 35 and 36, not much more lefy to offer and no resale. Fletcher looks capable of helping them out this season though. McGrath is there on a 1 year loan. They paid a fee for Levitt who's only signed a 2 year deal. To cash in he'll probably only last a season. Watt, Clark, Sibbald, Harkes. Meh, not bothered for any of them.

Niskanen is not bad like you say. The wee hun prick Middleton, is decent on his day but it's his inconsistency that's seen him go from being at the huns, to a few loans and then ultimately at united.

Their isn't many of their squad at all that I'd be expecting to improve our squad.

Don’t think it matters to much about next season and reselling values if the can play like they did last night throughout the season they will be very tough to beat 

23 minutes ago, thurso said:

Don’t think it matters to much about next season and reselling values if the can play like they did last night throughout the season they will be very tough to beat 

Aye that's fair. From a personal standpoint though I just said I wanted improvement for us this season. Not expecting us to romp everything. My point was probably more that unless United recruit well again next season, they won't keep this up. I feel like we on the other hand are building a future with young potential talents on decent contracts.

17 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

As things stand Hearts and United looking favourites for 3rd/4th place. We just need to hope our signings gel and we can bring in another 2 or 3 quality players before the window closes so we can be in the mix with them.

That's ok I think though. We can go about business quietly on the pitch and build up a steam. The pressure is more on Hearts and United if what you say is correct.

13 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Who from united’s squad would you want at pittodrie?  Beyond Levitt I’m struggling…..

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

As things stand Hearts and United looking favourites for 3rd/4th place. We just need to hope our signings gel and we can bring in another 2 or 3 quality players before the window closes so we can be in the mix with them.

More absolute pish - to be expected right enough given the poster 

1 hour ago, Arabian Knight said:

yeez need tae b dain much better n tryin tae compete..gittin rag dolled aboot glezga wizna a gade stert..chasin the baw aboot liket cat n moose..yeez need tae b competin n need tae b prayin

You scraped a draw at newly promoted Killie you illiterate gluebag ?

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Who from united’s squad would you want at pittodrie?  Beyond Levitt I’m struggling…..

Take your point there but it looks like the players they have, have gelled quickly into a team. We’ve yet to do that under Goodwin other than against diddy teams, which is why tomorrow is so important and will give us some indication as to where we are. 

• Haha 1