Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Weird timing

To sack a manager one week before the cup final tells you the board didn’t want a Jack Ross cup win to derail their long term plan for Hibs with someone else in mind.

The other strange thing was that David Martindale commented “I hope they don’t sack Jack, or I hope Jack doesn’t walk away from this” after the game last night. Almost as if he knew this was coming, whilst I doubt the fans were expecting this.

Correct me if I’m wrong here but Ross wasn’t a Ron Gordon appointment, was he? He pre dated him

Heard that on the radio last night and immediately thought it was strange martindale said that!.he must have been told by the hibs hierarchy that yesterday was a must win.

50 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Mcinnes had a 53% win rate with us

Ross has a 49% win rate with Hibs 

Not exactly a massive gulf in quality there & Mcinnes had the better budget

Glass now has a 35% win rate with us (boosted by last couple of wins as he was down at 28% at one stage) & still keeps his job.

we can’t exactly lord it over them when at least they have the balls to sack a manager with 49% win rate as soon as they have a bad run. His stats were a fk load better prior to this slump also

This season, Glass has a 37.5% win rate. 33.33% if you include all his Aberdeen games.

Win on Saturday and it's up to 40% for the season ;)

10 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Heard that on the radio last night and immediately thought it was strange martindale said that!.he must have been told by the hibs hierarchy that yesterday was a must win.

Doubt that he had the heads up from the Hibs board.

He is / was a manager under pressure and the Livi fans were signing that Jack would be sacked in the morning

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Doubt that he had the heads up from the Hibs board.

He is / was a manager under pressure and the Livi fans were signing that Jack would be sacked in the morning

Just thought it strange coming from martindale early in his interview.he did literally say “a hope he doesn’t get sacked in the morning as he’s a good young manager”, was very specific!,doesn’t matter anyway, he’s gone now and I’d expect them to go for Neil now.

Feel a bit for Jack Ross. Should've been given the cup final as a shot at redemption, if he failed, punt him then. 

Harsh he won't get to walk them out at Hampden. 

Fuck knows who they'll get in? Alex Neil if they are ambitious. 

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is it not more likely that Ross spoke to Martindale about his position?

You got the distinct impression from Martindale's post match interview that Ross told him he was done for.

Maybe this has been in the bag for a whiley, hence the form going off a cliff. Nae so much the chicken and egg, more the egg and the chicken, you dig?

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You got the distinct impression from Martindale's post match interview that Ross told him he was done for.

Maybe this has been in the bag for a whiley, hence the form going off a cliff. Nae so much the chicken and egg, more the egg and the chicken, you dig?

Aye. Managers talk all the time.  They're a much closer knit community than they let on. 

They've been on a bad run lately no doubt. 

But his record before that was pretty good and particularly good for a Hibs manager in recent memory. 2 cup finals and a third place finish in the last 12 months. 

I also suspect there are other reasons rather than just this poor run. 

19 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Hibs have had an unbelievable amount of managers, since the turn of the century; McLeish,  Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Collins, Pattalinen, Hughes, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher, Stubbs, Lennon, Heckingbottom, Ross. There might be more.

Go back as far as since Eddie Turnbull and its equally scattergun

Serious amount of shite as well. McLeish and Mowbray did good jobs at Easter Road. Stubbs won the Scottish Cup but couldnt even get them as far as the play off final when in the Championship for 2 seasons. Collins with a cup too.... Ross and Lennon alright. Everyone else pretty much terrible

35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Managers talk all the time.  They're a much closer knit community than they let on. 

They've been on a bad run lately no doubt. 

But his record before that was pretty good and particularly good for a Hibs manager in recent memory. 2 cup finals and a third place finish in the last 12 months. 

I also suspect there are other reasons rather than just this poor run. 

Hibs don't have a female physio do they?

If David Gray wins them another cup next week (already a Hibs hero) then the fans may push for him & the club could well listen as he would be a cheap option on a short contract for remainder of season to see where it goes.

Otherwise I think they will go for Goodwin/Davidson if Alex Neil sticks to his (rumoured) guns by staying down south.

Just now, Dad said:

Seen lewis stevenson greeting about it on the beeb - no wonder tbf. Great prep for the showpiece Ron - arsehole.

"That was the hardest bit for us," added the defender. "He is thanking us but it's our fault he has lost his job. We feel like we have let him down.

"It's a hard time. Sometimes it's when you are at your angriest. The sense you have let people down is the worst feeling to get over."

Something I hope you feel every Saturday at 5pm