Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

Irrelevant. There's no alternative. If people want to go and see Aberdeen they have to go to the stadium. Those that will go for the better stadium will replace those that don't go because of the journey.

When was the last time Rotherham or Peterborough competed in the league with Man U or Chelsea? And the quality of opposition makes no difference to the atmosphere week in week out. Arsenal is terrible and always has been whereas Hearts always have a good atmosphere. Even when in the Chhampionship playing diddies.

Building a new stadium isn't English, it's progress! That's one of the most idiotic things to say. What next? We don't want to win the league because that's what teams in England do?

They have the realistic chance to though. Rotherham are a chamionship club with one good season away from the big smoke. They recieve a larger budget thus signing a better calibre of players thus attracting new fans. We cannot compete with that so why compare?

"Those that will go for the better stadium will replace those that don't go because of the journey." - There is nothing to prove that would be the case. People like to make many excuses not to go to the football as you know. The state of Pittodrie has absolutely nothing to do with the crowd figures. We have the best team we've had for 20 years and it's still dire to what we should be having.

Inverness are the only team in a top flight with a 'modern stadium on the outskirts of the city' (St.J could also be argued but its exactly the same situation). How are their crowds? Pish! Why won't people go? Because of the trail from the pubs. Outwith the top flight, Falkirk. Same story - Electric atmospehre in Brockville. Now at the Falkirk Stadium with not pub in sight. How is the atmosphere? Pish (apart from the away fans) How is the attendance? Exactly the same as it was.

If this is the modern way for progress, why are no other Scottish teams taking this approach?

Typical schoolboy bitch comment that comes with Rumpus as per. My sending out of his picture really got to him.

Can't debate the matter at hand due to limited intellectual ability so immediately starts to try and insult others as a form of humour.

Interesting but typical.

:clangers2:

LOL

They have the realistic chance to though. Rotherham are a chamionship club with one good season away from the big smoke. They recieve a larger budget thus signing a better calibre of players thus attracting new fans. We cannot compete with that so why compare?

"Those that will go for the better stadium will replace those that don't go because of the journey." - There is nothing to prove that would be the case. People like to make many excuses not to go to the football as you know. The state of Pittodrie has absolutely nothing to do with the crowd figures. We have the best team we've had for 20 years and it's still dire to what we should be having.

Inverness are the only team in a top flight with a 'modern stadium on the outskirts of the city' (St.J could also be argued but its exactly the same situation). How are their crowds? Pish! Why won't people go? Because of the trail from the pubs. Outwith the top flight, Falkirk. Same story - Electric atmospehre in Brockville. Now at the Falkirk Stadium with not pub in sight. How is the atmosphere? Pish (apart from the away fans) How is the attendance? Exactly the same as it was.

If this is the modern way for progress, why are no other Scottish teams taking this approach?

So the attendance and atmosphere is better because they might play a team in the future? Ok...

So if the team's better but the attendances aren't as high as they should be then what is the constant here?

Inverness have only been going 20 years and lots of people are still bitter at the merger. So if the same fans are going to Falkirk's games and the atmosphere is the problem then it must be the stadium. And if the attendance is the same then we can make a stadium suited for a good atmosphere and keep the same amount of fans. You've just battered your own argument here.

So the attendance and atmosphere is better because they might play a team in the future? Ok...

So if the team's better but the attendances aren't as high as they should be then what is the constant here?

Inverness have only been going 20 years and lots of people are still bitter at the merger. So if the same fans are going to Falkirk's games and the atmosphere is the problem then it must be the stadium. And if the attendance is the same then we can make a stadium suited for a good atmosphere and keep the same amount of fans. You've just battered your own argument here.

They are playing in a better standard of course their crowds are going to up. We are not. We are playing the same standard of football and the teams every year. Our crowds will continue to stagger.

This argument is about Pittodries future. Your argument was that it's a dump and we should build a new stadium elsewhere and that will attract more fans and aside from mentioning a few pubs that are now thriving, you've brought no facts to how it can be anymore successful than a redevelopment on it's current plot. My argurment was simply that our central location is more of positive than a hindrance and moving out of the city would see attendances drop as result of losing out on its social aspect.

As per above, you have went to quote my reply to rumpus as some sort of a personal dig so to avoid a personal fallout offline I will leave it at that.

Hopefully Shinnie runs the show from the middle on Saturday.

They are playing in a better standard of course their crowds are going to up. We are not. We are playing the same standard of football and the teams every year. Our crowds will continue to stagger.

This argument is about Pittodries future. Your argument was that it's a dump and we should build a new stadium elsewhere and that will attract more fans and aside from mentioning a few pubs that are now thriving, you've brought no facts to how it can be anymore successful than a redevelopment on it's current plot. My argurment was simply that our central location is more of positive than a hindrance and moving out of the city would see attendances drop as result of losing out on its social aspect.

As per above, you have went to quote my reply to rumpus as some sort of a personal dig so to avoid a personal fallout offline I will leave it at that.

:laughing: Sorry if I've hurt your internet feelings. I'll buy you a nip themorn to make up for it. Maybe the Bullfrog should move to Cove. Certainly couldn't be in any worse of a state!

Pittodrie's future is away from Merkland Road. We raise money from the selling of the land at the expense of a purpose built facility. This would give us a supporters bar, museum, improved corporate facilities and community facilities where the club can raise revenue. Fitting all this into the Main and Merkland would be a stretch and even then They probably wouldn't have adequate space to make full on versions of the aforementioned features. That would leave us with a sub standard view from the south, small museum, limited community and business facilities and a pitch still smaller than Hampden and Celtic Park.

Don't worry Shinnie will play a blinder tomorrow... at left back!

You've deliberately missed the point fuckwit.

As per numerous other football club business models, once they moved out of their delapited hovels into new shiny arenas, the crowds pick up, income soars andthe place becomes a community hub.

There are numerous examples, a couple were given earlier by a more enlightened gentleman than you. Others include Peterborough and Brighton.

I don't think Peterborough have moved? They have re-done London Road and their crowds are still shite?

Brighton always had the support but had no ground so hardly a like for like.

Brilliant!

Humped in debate then threatens to 'fall out' with someone who I assume is a friend.

Knife wielding thug showing his true colours.

:laughing: Could you imagine.

It would end up like scene straight outta SS7. The sword wielding cunt that I am apparently.

Outside the Bullfrog looks like it could host a proper rammy. Pissing rain tomorrow for some dramatic slow motion filming once the swords are oot.

I see Caley only have 6 players on the bench. They have that small a squad?

• 02 Dillon
  • 10 Muirhead
  • 13 McCallum
  • 16 Telfer
  • 18 Connolly
  • 22 Fraser
  • 32 Lochhead

They had seven & they have one of the biggest squads in the SPFL outwith Celtic

This is quite a clever plan they are putting into action to prevent Celtic from stealing all their players.