Stovies

alscotoz

haha!!

granted, it does SLIGHTLY look like the contents of a workie's portaloo, but that to me is what stovies are

sausages all disintegrating, square ones soaking up that bisto finest gravy

went into pot this morning, lovely thick skin of 100pc bad for me fat developed on top

LOVELY

and tupster, the edge of the pans minging because the pot wasn't big enough and it all boiled over, leaving me with one hell of a fight to clean the gravy off the cooker!

:hysterical: you're not gonna let us miss that bit eh?

Not gonna lie though if that is stovies (which it's not) it's the worst stovies ever.

yeeha

tasted even better for my lunch there having had a night to congeal in the fridge

20150827_194814.jpg

That is not Stovies of any description. I did wonder when you posted originally how you planned to get the Square sausage involved but I didn't expect you to try and serve it.....err square...the whole point of stovies is you mash it all together.

That is not Stovies of any description. I did wonder when you posted originally how you planned to get the Square sausage involved but I didn't expect you to try and serve it.....err square...the whole point of stovies is you mash it all together.

That looks fine as fuck bit in no sense what I recognise as stovies.

For me, simple leftover stewing steak,tatties, ingins, bit of gravy, bit of salt. Boil it until you can stand a spoon up in it and serve with oatcakes and beetroot.

Bit of red or broon sass if you're into that sort of thing.

Yesterdays roast sirloin

Onions

Sliced tatties

Beef stock

Mustard

Worcester sauce

Layer it, beef, onions, tatties, beef, onions, tatties.

Cook it in the oven for a couple hours with a lid on

Mush it up

Roberts yer mothers brother

This sounds like a good recipe (never had with mustard). Do you use any oil or depend on the fat from the meat? Could you use leftover lamb roast?

Jesus fuck.

Take yesterdays roast Beef. See later for lamb.

Slice any obvious fat off it and stick it (the fat) in the pan with the onions and maybe half the potatoes diced. Slow sweat it all for 30 mins.

Then add diced up meat, additional fat will melt. Please yourself how you do the rest of the tatties. Tatties : Onion : Meat Ratio absolutely crucial. Remove any remaining visible lumps of fat. Throw in left over gravy and tatties. Mix with wooden spoon without destroying any nice lumps of potato. Wee spell under the grill for the crispy top lovers out there. Canna beat a crispy top.

Add beetroot - crinkle cut best plus a nice oatcake or two - torn between Nairn's thin ane's and Orkney thick cheese ane's.

Eat. Willing to consider meelie pudding side order, beans fine ana

At no point should anyone holding anything resembling a sausage, square or otherwise be allowed anywhere near this recipe.

For roast lamb I'm told taking leftovers and putting them through a mincer and making 2nd day shepherds pie instead is the way to go. Sounds afa fine but don't have mincer which fucks that option a bit!

Pork I hear you say? Now porks different. Firstly slice some leftover roast finely and mix it with leftover apple sauce - kinda like dressing a salad. Put it in large white bun. Eat. Magic. That's dinner sorted. Now at supper-time dice remaining pork meat and heat with gravy. Fanny about roasting potatoes if you want but markies wee square parmentier are magic with this. Add Green veg, purple cabbage (markies again) if you want to impress the ladies with colour. Sorted.

But no fucking sausages! (unless your making a sausage casserole that is.)

Jesus fuck.

Take yesterdays roast Beef. See later for lamb.

Slice any obvious fat off it and stick it (the fat) in the pan with the onions and maybe half the potatoes diced. Slow sweat it all for 30 mins.

Then add diced up meat, additional fat will melt. Please yourself how you do the rest of the tatties. Tatties : Onion : Meat Ratio absolutely crucial. Remove any remaining visible lumps of fat. Throw in left over gravy and tatties. Mix with wooden spoon without destroying any nice lumps of potato. Wee spell under the grill for the crispy top lovers out there. Canna beat a crispy top.

Add beetroot - crinkle cut best plus a nice oatcake or two - torn between Nairn's thin ane's and Orkney thick cheese ane's.

Eat. Willing to consider meelie pudding side order, beans fine ana

At no point should anyone holding anything resembling a sausage, square or otherwise be allowed anywhere near this recipe.

For roast lamb I'm told taking leftovers and putting them through a mincer and making 2nd day shepherds pie instead is the way to go. Sounds afa fine but don't have mincer which fucks that option a bit!

Pork I hear you say? Now porks different. Firstly slice some leftover roast finely and mix it with leftover apple sauce - kinda like dressing a salad. Put it in large white bun. Eat. Magic. That's dinner sorted. Now at supper-time dice remaining pork meat and heat with gravy. Fanny about roasting potatoes if you want but markies wee square parmentier are magic with this. Add Green veg, purple cabbage (markies again) if you want to impress the ladies with colour. Sorted.

But no fucking sausages! (unless your making a sausage casserole that is.)

Fucking comprehensive, that. :trophy: