Stovies

alscotoz

We were brought up on stovies. Stovies made with mince or corned beef but mostly with square sausages. I telt my wife never put stovies down for me to eat as I detested them. Sometime last year she asked if she could make some and I ended up enjoying them. (Mince type)

Square sausages? Square fuckin sausages? WTF? Oh aye, I remember now, even better when you make your stovies with square potatoes.

Not sure what to say about that recipe. Basically they're using the equivalent of a fillet steak and lo and behold, despite trying to destroy it with fucking nutmeg and chives for three quarters of an hour it'll still taste quite good.

Try it with any lower quality cut and that will be greasy bowf. Put it this way. Mince the beef and you'll have a cottage pie. There's a reason we don't mince fillet steaks!

After this thread on stovies I chored a pack of my wife's from the freezer and took it to work for my dinner. McIntosh's, it looked fuck all like the photie on the packaging but was tasty none the less. I should have taken a couple of buttered dookers anna.

That stuff smells like body odour when it's cooked. Fucking yowmin.

• 2 years later...