Sign in to follow this  
alscotoz

Stovies

Some of the replies to millertimes bed pan picture have had me in tears at work +1 all involved.

yeeha

tasted even better for my lunch there having had a night to congeal in the fridge

20150827_194814.jpg

I'm lost for words!!

That looks revolting and is as far removed from stovies as you're likely to get, square sausage ffs!

• Upvote 4

Hats off to MT. He's just dipped the worlds largest fishing rod and came out with an army of biters.

We're going to need a bigger boat.

Hats off to MT. He's just dipped the worlds largest fishing rod and came out with an army of biters.

It's some effort to actually go out and buy that shite and then cook it to catch a bite here.

:laughing:

It's some effort to actually go out and buy that shite and then cook it to catch a bite here.

:laughing:

It's certainly one of his better ones. Though his Dads burnt back will take a lot to beat.

Classic Thread IMO

Kudos to MT I say for this.

He really is some man.

Jesus fuck.

Take yesterdays roast Beef. See later for lamb.

Slice any obvious fat off it and stick it (the fat) in the pan with the onions and maybe half the potatoes diced. Slow sweat it all for 30 mins.

Then add diced up meat, additional fat will melt. Please yourself how you do the rest of the tatties. Tatties : Onion : Meat Ratio absolutely crucial. Remove any remaining visible lumps of fat. Throw in left over gravy and tatties. Mix with wooden spoon without destroying any nice lumps of potato. Wee spell under the grill for the crispy top lovers out there. Canna beat a crispy top.

Add beetroot - crinkle cut best plus a nice oatcake or two - torn between Nairn's thin ane's and Orkney thick cheese ane's.

Eat. Willing to consider meelie pudding side order, beans fine ana

At no point should anyone holding anything resembling a sausage, square or otherwise be allowed anywhere near this recipe.

For roast lamb I'm told taking leftovers and putting them through a mincer and making 2nd day shepherds pie instead is the way to go. Sounds afa fine but don't have mincer which fucks that option a bit!

Pork I hear you say? Now porks different. Firstly slice some leftover roast finely and mix it with leftover apple sauce - kinda like dressing a salad. Put it in large white bun. Eat. Magic. That's dinner sorted. Now at supper-time dice remaining pork meat and heat with gravy. Fanny about roasting potatoes if you want but markies wee square parmentier are magic with this. Add Green veg, purple cabbage (markies again) if you want to impress the ladies with colour. Sorted.

But no fucking sausages! (unless your making a sausage casserole that is.)

Jesus fuck.

Take yesterdays roast Beef. See later for lamb.

Slice any obvious fat off it and stick it (the fat) in the pan with the onions and maybe half the potatoes diced. Slow sweat it all for 30 mins.

Then add diced up meat, additional fat will melt. Please yourself how you do the rest of the tatties. Tatties : Onion : Meat Ratio absolutely crucial. Remove any remaining visible lumps of fat. Throw in left over gravy and tatties. Mix with wooden spoon without destroying any nice lumps of potato. Wee spell under the grill for the crispy top lovers out there. Canna beat a crispy top.

Add beetroot - crinkle cut best plus a nice oatcake or two - torn between Nairn's thin ane's and Orkney thick cheese ane's.

Eat. Willing to consider meelie pudding side order, beans fine ana

At no point should anyone holding anything resembling a sausage, square or otherwise be allowed anywhere near this recipe.

For roast lamb I'm told taking leftovers and putting them through a mincer and making 2nd day shepherds pie instead is the way to go. Sounds afa fine but don't have mincer which fucks that option a bit!

Pork I hear you say? Now porks different. Firstly slice some leftover roast finely and mix it with leftover apple sauce - kinda like dressing a salad. Put it in large white bun. Eat. Magic. That's dinner sorted. Now at supper-time dice remaining pork meat and heat with gravy. Fanny about roasting potatoes if you want but markies wee square parmentier are magic with this. Add Green veg, purple cabbage (markies again) if you want to impress the ladies with colour. Sorted.

But no fucking sausages! (unless your making a sausage casserole that is.)

Fucking comprehensive, that. :trophy:

Capability? Can't see it. Fair do's for giving him an out though.

Lobster Stovies on the menu where I'm oot for dinner tonight. I'm intrigued by it.

Lobster Stovies on the menu where I'm oot for dinner tonight. I'm intrigued by it.

Is it abit nippy outside?

Surprised LGIR isn't in this thread. Shell be dying to try that.

Yeah, no. I'm sure it tastes delicious, but it looks like a wet dog dump.

And I'll be BBQing all weekend long -- beautiful weather here for the last holiday weekend of summer! And maybe make a dumpling at some point as that went over really well. :wave:

She's busy changing her profile pic ;)

• Upvote 1

Missed something here? I was only in it for the shell pun. Main thing is BBQ/smoking canna go wrong.

The stovies that I made yesterday :checkit:

">http://28ukwld.jpg

That looks ace.

You boys got an apartment in Saudi or is that some sort of camp?

That looks ace.

Stay in a villa within a compound in Al Khobar

We've got a full size artificial fitba pitch, swimming pool, badminton and tennis courts

It's like being on holiday for a month.

Stay in a villa within a compound in Al Khobar

We've got a full size artificial fitba pitch, swimming pool, badminton and tennis courts

It's like being on holiday for a month.

Nice. They're just putting our pitches and stuff in after over a year here.

Nae pool though. They've given us two outdoor squash courts instead. Will be fun playing that in the summer with the temperature outside touching 50c. :hypno:

My mum's down from Queensland at the moment and made stovies last night. FINE.

Nice. They're just putting our pitches and stuff in after over a year here.

Nae pool though. They've given us two outdoor squash courts instead. Will be fun playing that in the summer with the temperature outside touching 50c. :hypno:

I play fitba for 90 mins a couple of time a week and badminton the other nights

Fairly shifts the pounds I put on when hame.

That looks ace.

nae beetroot,nae oatcakes,fits going on wee those saudii savages ? :wtf:

So that purple beetroot looking stuff is?

That is Baxters beetroot

pwtredz must be off his head on drugs

Can't get hold of oatcakes out here

• Upvote 1

The stovies that I made yesterday :checkit:

">http://28ukwld.jpg

I imagine Lorne sausage and grey minkers sausage are hard to lay hands on in the Middle East...good effort but woefully short of the Top Banana.

20150827_194814.jpg