Sign in to follow this  
alscotoz

Stovies

I imagine Lorne sausage and grey minkers sausage are hard to lay hands on in the Middle East...good effort but woefully short of the Top Banana. 20150827_194814.jpg

Skanky sausage-ish casserole rearing its ugly head again I see?

That is Baxters beetroot

pwtredz must be off his head on drugs

Can't get hold of oatcakes out here

oh aye, the joys of a laptop over my fone....

Just finished my New Year broth and stovies leftovers tonight. Lovely.

Imo

You canna beat toad in the hole

For comfort food.

Best haiku ever.

Best haiku ever.

:laughing: I'm impressed.

I'm an expert in all things.

Japanese.

Last of the roast beef to use up tonight but a kitchen 'incident' (aka the wife tidying up) has meant all fat, gravy and dripping has disappeared. Arse. Now minded more towards a stir fry type affair. I feel a need to "pull"

Booooo :angry11:

We were brought up on stovies. Stovies made with mince or corned beef but mostly with square sausages. I telt my wife never put stovies down for me to eat as I detested them. Sometime last year she asked if she could make some and I ended up enjoying them. (Mince type)

We were brought up on stovies. Stovies made with mince or corned beef but mostly with square sausages. I telt my wife never put stovies down for me to eat as I detested them. Sometime last year she asked if she could make some and I ended up enjoying them. (Mince type)

I like how your wife asked if it was Ok to do something.

She's got the same submissive nature with me.

I like how your wife asked if it was Ok to do something.

She's got the same submissive nature with me.

She treats all her men the same rumps so I don't get jealous, also as long as she keeps the money coming in, I'm happy.

millertime should start a corner like tup but for cooking

would be great getting his ace tips :happy:

Edited by caledonia

millertime should start a corner like tup but for cooking

would be great getting his ace tips :happy:

Maybe if you want his tips, that should be in deviants corner?

I've a feeling Millertimes stovies ala square sausage is going to catch on.

Its already in the papers.

Edited by King Street Loon

Stovies was always made with the left over roast beef when I was growing up - I hated it and haven't had any in over 30 years.

Stovies was always made with the left over roast beef when I was growing up - I hated it and haven't had any in over 30 years.

We hardly ever had roast beef mate and when on the rare occasion we did, they'd be fuck all left for stovies, let me tell you.
  • Upvote 1

We hardly ever had roast beef mate and when on the rare occasion we did, they'd be fuck all left for stovies, let me tell you.

Same here, stovies ended up getting made with corned beef

Edited by Chewie37
  • Upvote 1

Same here, stovies ended up getting made with corned beef

That's called corned beef hash.

There's already a corned beef thread on here.

That's called corned beef hash.

There's already a corned beef thread on here.

Poor effort, corned beef hash has beans in it

Idiot

Square sausages? Square fuckin sausages? WTF? Oh aye, I remember now, even better when you make your stovies with square potatoes.

Sausage meat or corned beef is not stovies.

Corned beef hash can be had with or without beans.

Idiot.

Not sure what to say about that recipe. Basically they're using the equivalent of a fillet steak and lo and behold, despite trying to destroy it with fucking nutmeg and chives for three quarters of an hour it'll still taste quite good.

Try it with any lower quality cut and that will be greasy bowf. Put it this way. Mince the beef and you'll have a cottage pie. There's a reason we don't mince fillet steaks!

After this thread on stovies I chored a pack of my wife's from the freezer and took it to work for my dinner. McIntosh's, it looked fuck all like the photie on the packaging but was tasty none the less. I should have taken a couple of buttered dookers anna.

After this thread on stovies I chored a pack of my wife's from the freezer and took it to work for my dinner. McIntosh's, it looked fuck all like the photie on the packaging but was tasty none the less. I should have taken a couple of buttered dookers anna.

That stuff smells like body odour when it's cooked. Fucking yowmin.

That stuff smells like body odour when it's cooked. Fucking yowmin.

When yer working in the middle of nowhere and ye could eat a foostie shite it will have tae dae, Ebbe.