Road Bike

RAZOR

I've got a hybrid for commuting to work and it's perfect. A road bike would perhaps be nice but I'm not really interested in just going out for a cycle on the weekend so not necessary but would maybe suit you better. Hybrid is a bit more upright for cycling through traffic. It was a Boardman I got through cycle to work and can't complain.

Recently bought a mountain bike from Halfords - would much rather use a local bike shop but great discounts to be had in Halfords. Through a bit of google research I managed to get a bike £154 cheaper than the ticket price. Bigger discounts available on more expensive bikes.

I've got a hybrid for commuting to work and it's perfect. A road bike would perhaps be nice but I'm not really interested in just going out for a cycle on the weekend so not necessary but would maybe suit you better. Hybrid is a bit more upright for cycling through traffic. It was a Boardman I got through cycle to work and can't complain.

Recently bought a mountain bike from Halfords - would much rather use a local bike shop but great discounts to be had in Halfords. Through a bit of google research I managed to get a bike £154 cheaper than the ticket price. Bigger discounts available on more expensive bikes.

My bike knowledge appears to be shite. Going to need to do some research first I think.

Might have a gander round Halfords on Sunday and see whats what.

My bike knowledge appears to be shite.

Changed days from buying a £99 BMX min

Have a look at the Gant Road bike on HotUkDeals at the moment, somewhere online selling one for £299 which I believe is a cracking deal for a decent road bike.

I've found a lot of these 'great deals' from the likes of hotdeals are available for the same or cheaper with a quick google search elsewhere. Nae saying this particular one is or isnt, just these groupon and hotdeal sites have a habit of over egging how much you're actually saving.

The difference between a £300 and £800 bike is huge,

If you can justify going to the high 100s you will get your self a cracking bike.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/ is where I got my CUBE Mountain bike, they specialize is last years stock, so plenty decent discounts to be had.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/is where I got my carbon road bike at the start of the year, again they had great discounts

This is the one i'm talking about. Meant to be a very good entry level bike and would be perfect for someone who's not wanting to spend over the odds.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2015-giant-defy-5-road-bike-40-off-299-99-rutland-cycling-2284313

I've got a road bike and a hybrid and both have their pros and cons, for comfort i'd go for a hybrid as it's generally got slightly thicker wheels/tyres and quite a few do have some kind of suspension. A road bike however is a bit more exciting and should shave a good bit off your commute time. My commute was around 25 mins and on my road bike i was getting it down to 20 mins, but varies depending on traffic and such like.

If it's just commuting then a road bike is fine, if you plan on doing any kind of off road biking, even if it's muddy paths etc, you might be better with a Hybrid.

You can always purchase thinner wheels and slicker tyres for a hybrid and get an almost "best of both world". Obviously it's never going to be as quick as it won't take the very thing wheels and, unless you change the handlebars to drop handlebars, you're going to be less aerodynamic being so upright.

This is the one i'm talking about. Meant to be a very good entry level bike and would be perfect for someone who's not wanting to spend over the odds.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2015-giant-defy-5-road-bike-40-off-299-99-rutland-cycling-2284313

I've got a road bike and a hybrid and both have their pros and cons, for comfort i'd go for a hybrid as it's generally got slightly thicker wheels/tyres and quite a few do have some kind of suspension. A road bike however is a bit more exciting and should shave a good bit off your commute time. My commute was around 25 mins and on my road bike i was getting it down to 20 mins, but varies depending on traffic and such like.

If it's just commuting then a road bike is fine, if you plan on doing any kind of off road biking, even if it's muddy paths etc, you might be better with a Hybrid.

You can always purchase thinner wheels and slicker tyres for a hybrid and get an almost "best of both world". Obviously it's never going to be as quick as it won't take the very thing wheels and, unless you change the handlebars to drop handlebars, you're going to be less aerodynamic being so upright.

Entry level components.

Fine for commute to work, but not much use for weekend longer runs.

If paying only £300, better off buying a 2nd hand one with better quality components.

Entry level components.

Fine for commute to work, but not much use for weekend longer runs.

If paying only £300, better off buying a 2nd hand one with better quality components.

True, but you can always replace the components as you go. I changed the wheels, the pedals and the gear set on my road bike, the frame was fine. My Hybrid was about £400 and it's done thousands of miles without as much as a puncture.