Bad_Mobby

Restaurants Outwith Aberdeen

Going down to Edinburgh for the first weekend of December.

Booked into Angels with Bagpipes on the Friday evening and looking for somewhere nice to eat on the Saturday.

Italian or similar to AwB within walking distance of Princes Street and not overly expensive would be what we are looking for. Any recommendations?

Booked into Angels with Bagpipes on the Friday evening and looking for somewhere nice to eat on the Saturday.

Italian or similar to AwB within walking distance of Princes Street and not overly expensive would be what we are looking for. Any recommendations?

How about Makars Gourmet mash bar or the Whiski Rooms? Both are on the Mound.

If you're wanting Italian one of the Vittorias. One on Leith Walk and then one just off the Royal Mile.

Lailas bistro is nice (just over the other side of waverley station from princess st)

It is 'mediterranean' rather than italian specifically.

We have been once and really liked it - its BYOB too.

http://lailas-bistro.co.uk/

Edited by Clydeside_Sheep

Anyone tried Eat on the Green in Udny Green ? looks good

Not been for a year or two but last time I went it was cracking. Always gets talked up as a good place to go for great food.

Give it a go.

Anyone tried Eat on the Green in Udny Green ? looks good

Good but pricey. Unless of course your massive in the O&G then who gives a fuck eh.

Meson de la Costa

Best restaurant in town - 300g Prawns with Garlic, followed by 1kg rib eye steak + Bottle of Cranzia

Bird was allowed a small portion of bread, water and pate.

Truly scrumptious.

McDonalds at Forfar turn-off. Nae bad on a weekday - shite when travelling South after Pittodrie. Full of minks.

McDonalds at Forfar turn-off. Nae bad on a weekday - shite when travelling South after Pittodrie. Full of minks.

Brian Grant though...

Tuk Tuk in Edinburgh. Indian street food is how they appear to sell themselves as.

Starter, two curries and a side for £12. BYOB too. Was there earlier today and I thought the grub was excellent.

Went to some place yesterday that everybody was raving about. Fantastic burgers, they were telling me, great chips.

Usually I don't eat carbs because carbs are wankers, but figured I'd go ahead and eat there anyway.

Never have you encountered a more bland and tasteless burger. No spices added to it all all, not even salt or pepper that I could discern. They basically just take the meat, grill it, and slap it on a bun. First red flag was when they didn't even ask how I wanted it cooked. When it arrived it was just this thin burger, cooked medium, in a bun... here you go.

Fuddruckers... now Fuddruckers know how to make a burger.

Also, they're called Fuddruckers, so it's a win win.

fuddruckers-copertina.jpg

Went to some place yesterday that everybody was raving about. Fantastic burgers, they were telling me, great chips.

Usually I don't eat carbs because carbs are wankers, but figured I'd go ahead and eat there anyway.

Never have you encountered a more bland and tasteless burger. No spices added to it all all, not even salt or pepper that I could discern. They basically just take the meat, grill it, and slap it on a bun. First red flag was when they didn't even ask how I wanted it cooked. When it arrived it was just this thin burger, cooked medium, in a bun... here you go.

One I've been to in Saudi

Free potato salad/Salad bar is the best bit

Sandwogs seem to enjoy it.

It was the first burger joint I visited when I first moved to the states circa 1999. The experience prompted to me change my AOL screename to FuddRuckers1903

I went back 17 years later and it had never changed, just as good :)

Taberna El Sur - Madrid

Absolutely magic

1 x Mousaka

1 x Prawns in Garlic

1 x Shredded Cuban beef

1 x Pork Tendeloin (in some grape sauce)

2 x Bottles vino tinto

1 x Some crusty bread

Quite possibly the best meal I've had in Spain

Bluto had a pan of paella to himself in Madrid

Because he has no mates.

• Upvote 1

Because he has no mates.

Then he skittered his scuds and got a bumming down a side street.

Because he has no mates.

And Two bottles of cava min

Was in 'Mango' again. Its just off the M80 at the Castlecary arches.

It has indian and italian menus and is really good (I have only tried their indian, which is the main business). Sumptuous decor, good atmosphere, excellent service. Delicious food.

Highly recommended.

Funny. I used to work down that way and always said a decent eatery would do well for the travelling professionals as there was literally fuck all easily accessible between Stirling and Annan.

Is it buffet out of interest? That was always my plan, had I had the balls to do it obviously. Good food, in and out and away home to their loved ones (only with a decent scran inside them not the leftovers the wife's had in the oven for 4 hours previously).

Is it buffet out of interest?

No, I dont think they have a buffet night. They do lunch and re-theatre menus, but no buffet.

You are right there isnt much in that area. The Glenskirlie, but as a wedding venue sometimes its off limits.

There was underwood lock house too, but after years in business, it mysteriously burned down after it became an Indian restaurant. (would it be racist to accuse them of an insurance job? lol)