Bad_Mobby

Restaurants Outwith Aberdeen

Phuket - Al Khobar (my second favourite Thai after Phad Thai in ABZmarket)

1 x Tom Yum Goong Soup (extra spicy)

1 x Som Tum Papaya salad

1 x Phad Thai Goong Sod

1 x A bit of my workmates spring roll starter

1 x Water

Lovely jubbly (ill have a skittery neuk tomorrow)

Rajah

Second vote for Rajah.

Berto's suggestion of Sams is not bad also.

Stayed at Norton House Hotel near Ingliston on Friday.

The grub was first rate, really delicious. They could have served it up quicker (at one point I thought they must have actually gone out to catch the fish for my dinner) but its quality was worth waiting for.

The hotel was good in general. We had the Lomond Room, which was spacious and very comfortable. And an excellent cooked breakfast in bed in the morning.

I also had a massage in the spa, a relaxing back massage delivered by a pleasant young lady.

The whole business was an example of good living.

The only downside was the shitey football which came afterwards on the Saturday!

Looking for quick recommendations on somewhere Glasgow city centre for a nice lunch. Through for a meeting and accompanied by the other half. It's her birthday so something I could maybe put forward that women appreciate!

Guys Restaurant and Bar

Decision was already made for me once I'd come out of meeting. Cafe Andaluz.

Decision was already made for me once I'd come out of meeting. Cafe Andaluz.

Meh

Meh

Had a look at the menu for your suggestion, will give that a try at some point for sure. CA was fine to be fair.

@@Geoff_Tipps I'm meeting our mutual pal in Edinburgh on Sat evening.

Coming? Or recommend places to eat?

I can't drink, I'm picking her up from the airport...

Last night

Time for Thai

N Castle street, Edinburgh (thanks for the leith recommendation BSDH but stayed central)

8/10. Outstanding food. Poor selection of alcohol. But the food was great

This evening

Cafe Tabou

St Johns Place, Perth

9/10

Snails (novelty)

One of the best Sunday roasts I've ever had

Edited by Poodler

Any give me a recommendation for central Glasgow

Nice but casual

Cheers

Ive recommended before - Guys restaurant in Merchant City

Any give me a recommendation for central Glasgow

Nice but casual

Cheers

Spanish Butcher, MC

B_M sent me to Elenas in west end on Friday and it was outstanding

Was wandering through Stoney with the wee man yesterday and passed a new (to me) café on Arbuthnott St - Shamrock & Thistle. Decided I fancied a coffee so dived in to get takeaway and ended up staying for a 2nd breakfast. Waffles and pancakes seemed to be their speciality and they were excellent. Never tried the cooked breakfast but what I saw looked good. Properly decent coffee as well. There's only about 5 tables so seems like you have to be lucky to end up getting in.

Off to the Tollbooth in a couple of weeks for the Mrs' birthday. Was there a couple of years back for our anniversary and remember it was really fine - but after a few afternoon gins in the house, a few beers in the Market and a few more at the Marine my memory of what I had or what it tasted like isn't entirely complete.

Ive recommended before - Guys restaurant in Merchant City

Dinner was great top recommendation

Place was empty

One of the other diners was defo a brass...

Went to a miller and carter in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago - thought it was average. Don't know if I went in with high expectations after everyone raving about it, but I've had better steak in plenty other places. Service was average as well.

Was in the Knowes in Macduff last night.

Wasnt expecting anything too great but I was very surprised. Superb service and food.

Still not a patch on the Fife Arms in Turriff but it smashes the Banff Springs off the park.

@@reekie_dock

Went to the Cotton House (Chinese) last weekend. In its bonnybridge area, not far off the M80 at castlecary.

It was delicious and great value for a lunch, highly recommended.

Its very popular and they go into a real flap if you haven't booked. We were there for opening at noon, and even then they were panicking because we had not booked.

Mopping sweat from his brow, the jittery guy said 'we will need the table back for half one', as if it would be a push to eat lunch within 90 minutes. A great place other than the melodrama.

The Chatroom (Inverkip) for dinner:

Really fine meal, I had the steak and it was absolute perfection. Rare and they weren't scared to actually make it rare unlike other places. 8/10.

The Brisbane (Largs) for lunch:

Really poor service, waited 45 mins for a table despite being told it would be 10 mins, fuckers were so slow taking orders and when food came it was cold.

I had the Lamb hot pot, it was meant to have traces of stornoway black pudding... none in the slightest. It was pish. 2/10, only reason it gets a 2 is became my daughter enjoyed her cheese burger and chips.

Edited by Roberto

I had an immense night in Bonnybridge once. Moored our barge up there and got blootered. Didn't go to that Chinese though. Great place.

Was at the Tollbooth in Stonehaven a couple of weeks back and it was simply outstanding - a must visit for anyone who even vaguely likes seafood.

They had Stonehaven lobster on the specials board which couldn't really be ignored, and it's possibly the nicest thing I've ever eaten (definitely the best lobster). They also had Stonehaven langoustines which the missus had for a starter and they were superb as well. I'd only ever tried squid as calamari in dodgy Costa del Sol 'restaurants' so decided to go for it as my starter and it was cooked perfectly - really light and tender paired with chorizo which is a favourite of mine.

A few beers in the sunshine at the Marine beforehand made for an excellent evening.

Sheray Punjab - 7/10

It has gone downhill since I last gave it a whirl.

Sharesies of:

Vindaloo (mixed)

Garlic naan

Lemon rice

South Indian Garlic chicken

Banana Naan

Pilau Rice

Whenever eh am in Two Rocks, eh eat at Tavern at the Rocks.

This is partly as it's the only restaurant in Two Rocks and partly because the food is not only amazing but cheap.