Aberdeen Pubs And Clubs Of The 80S

ZeroTolerance

Started many a night out in the 90's in Oscar's with either Oscars cocktail (£1-50) and/or a pint (£1) during happy hour(s). Think it was from 18-00 to 20-00 and then it was off to Berlins from 20-00 to 22-00 for spin the wheel 80's prices and then generally ended up in either Franklins, the Cotton Club or Barney Rubbles

Used to go to Oscars straight after work on a Friday when we were 17, 5-6 pints then the bus back to BoD to get changed and back into toon for a night out. The good old days when you used to manage the whole night out for 30-40 quid. Also used to go to Bex Bar looking to grab yourself a 'MILF', which was basically anything over the age of 25. Women over 28 being real granny territory. All that line of bars Bex, Franklyns, O'Donoghue's used to be absolutely hoaching at the weekends.

Used to go to Oscars straight after work on a Friday when we were 17, 5-6 pints then the bus back to BoD to get changed and back into toon for a night out. The good old days when you used to manage the whole night out for 30-40 quid. Also used to go to Bex Bar looking to grab yourself a 'MILF', which was basically anything over the age of 25. Women over 28 being real granny territory. All that line of bars Bex, Franklyns, O'Donoghue's used to be absolutely hoaching at the weekends.

Ah the memories.

I mind when I was 18 pulling an older quine on the top floor of Franklyn's.

Home to her hoose in Kincorth for some fun on her waterbed and enhanced funbags.

Them were the days indeed.

Henry J Beans straight after work for happy hour - sure they did 10 minute promotions like 3 bottles of Becks for the price of one. Their rack of BBQ sticky ribs for tea then on to the next happy hour somewhere else. Those were the days.

IIRC Henry J Beans was £1.25 a cocktail in happy hour in the late 80s. 8 B-52s for a tenner, great way to start the night :)

• 4 weeks later...

Many a happy night was spent in Sweepers, the Hayloft, Wilsons, the Belmont, the Schooner, Cafe ICI, Star and Garter, The Bells, Prince of Wales, Franklins, Tammels, The Old Still, Platform 9 (guaranteed a fight) The Howf, Gabriells, the Whitehorse (trap central), Tappit Hen, Ma Camerons, Ye old Frigate, Hawthorne. Cental Bar (woodside) ... etc etc etc

• 5 years later...
13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Peep Peeps

Harbour pub crawl used to be brilliant - about a dozen pubs.  Lucky if there's 3 or 4 left.

Crows Nest, Fittie Bar, Peep Peeps, St Clements bar, Cutters Wharf, Crown & Anchor, Moorings, Regent Bar, Schooner, Criterion.  I've no doubt missed a few

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Harbour pub crawl used to be brilliant - about a dozen pubs.  Lucky if there's 3 or 4 left.

Crows Nest, Fittie Bar, Peep Peeps, St Clements bar, Cutters Wharf, Crown & Anchor, Moorings, Regent Bar, Schooner, Criterion.  I've no doubt missed a few

Neptune Bar was good too. Is that still on the go?

Glenlivet - my first pint in the toon aged 15.

55 minutes ago, NEM said:

It’s still there, unsure if it’s open though?! 

Still has the Pegasus nightclub sign up next door, canna be far off 20 years since that was on the go. 

Id imagine the Neptune is preserved exactly as it was but covered in dust and dead blue bottles. 

Went to a blue comedian and stripper night as an underager still at school at the Neptune, absolute cheap thrill seeing the lassies fannys. The comedian picked on us though. 

Radars was owned by a guy who had the ground nieghbouring our place ,still owns a great skelp of it though it's all in trees now, 

Last I heard of him he was in South Africa and had a hotel.

Radar was the name of one of his dogs,

The other was called sonar.

As a boy used to have the odd trip to the Argo bar, on a Friday lunchtime after going to mart  or getting feed at North Eastern farmers,

Used to enjoy a plate of stovied whilst perusing the performers at the the Argo