Which Celebrity Will Die Next ?

Reed or deed

2 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Anyone here actually see him play? Even on tv? 

sure he was good but half the players then smoked and drank even during games. Standard would have been mince

im sure him being the GOAT is just the result of a myth growing arms and legs, like the hibs petrol bomb incident 

He was pretty decent apparently.

2 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Adding friendly goals to his goal tally when Ronaldo surpassed his official tally just showed him up for the fragile man he was. 

added on like 500 goals haha come away 

I read his autobiography years ago. I remember thinking he seemed like a bit of a dick. Just talked about money and sponsorships all the time. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
50 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Anyone here actually see him play? Even on tv? 

sure he was good but half the players then smoked and drank even during games. Standard would have been mince

im sure him being the GOAT is just the result of a myth growing arms and legs, like the hibs petrol bomb incident 

I was at the World Cup Final in Sweden.  1958.  Just behind the goal.  

Got a selfie with him.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
54 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

No doubt our resident Brazilian will be wallowing in faux grief.

See new Avatar.

Please carry on. 

12 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Your mention of black and white TV is relevant to my point regarding the 1970 World Cup.This was the first World Cup to be televised in colour and for hundreds of millions of people to see football in a new dimension.

aye berto min, pay close attention 

Some of us are old enough to have seen Pele play.

He was right at the end of his career admittedly....but when the USA first tried to make "soccer" a big sport their clubs in the NASL snapped up legends at the end of their careers and paid them whacking great fortunes. They also signed younger UK based players on 3 month loans when the English/Scottish leagues were in their close seasons.

Cant remember if it was BBC or ITV but around 1976 to 1978 or so they'd show highlights of the matches on Saturday lunchtimes. 

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Both my lads are over the age of homosexual consent so the great man could have approached them directly. 

It would certainly be a heartwarming anecdote at Christmas dinner. “Remember the time Pele sucked your cock.

Would like to think he’d prefer do have been hoovering shit loads of coke up his Mozambique with Maradona.