RIP Sir Roger.  Liverpool Legend

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Roger Hunt no more.

90% will need to google him.

Great as James Bond

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

Roger Hunt no more.

90% will need to google him.

That's a fair few of that Engerlund 66 team snuffed it in past few years. Can only be a couple of them left

28 minutes ago, OddJob said:

That's a fair few of that Engerlund 66 team snuffed it in past few years. Can only be a couple of them left

Three from the final are alive. Charlton, Hurst & Cohen.

Hopefully when the other 3 are gone, the guffs will stop mentioning it and thinking they are a huge world footballing superpower that are in serious contention of winning every WC and Euros they qualify for.

2 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Hopefully when the other 3 are gone, the guffs will stop mentioning it and thinking they are a huge world footballing superpower that are in serious contention of winning every WC and Euros they qualify for.

They will never stop talking about it (probably justified) or thinking they should win every game/comp they play. 
Still couldnt beat a rotten Scotland team at Wembers tho. 

Dicks

2 hours ago, Simply Red said:

They will never stop talking about it (probably justified) or thinking they should win every game/comp they play. 

Dicks

Eh have spent a couple of afternoons In the company of a fine fellow who scored in that 3-2 game .

I've got no problem with the fact they won (apart from the fact they only won 3-2 really 😉) it's just the overreaction from fans and media. The players themselves were fine gentlemen who deserve credit, just a pity the great team we had from the 70's for example couldn't achieve better

11 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Dicks

I was speaking about the eng v sco game in the summer there, not an old game. 
But aye we beat them in 67 on their own patch so they werent as good as us in that era imo. If we had paid off fifa and got the 66 world cup in Scotland we’d have probably won it. 

21 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I was speaking about the eng v sco game in the summer there, not an old game. 
But aye we beat them in 67 on their own patch so they werent as good as us in that era imo. If we had paid off fifa and got the 66 world cup in Scotland we’d have probably won it. 

They’ve only reached 2 major finals in their history,  both times playing all their games at Wembley.  Diddy team compared to Germany and Italy etc.

8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

They’ve only reached 2 major finals in their history,  both times playing all their games at Wembley.  Diddy team compared to Germany and Italy etc.

Not true

They played Ukraine in the Stadio Olimpico in their Euro quarter final.

23 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Dicks

Excellent free-kick taker for West Ham and Liverpool.

18 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Excellent free-kick taker for West Ham and Liverpool.

Top player like.

8 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Top player like.

He certainly was min. Great left peg.

I presume he's doing some punditry these days although I haven't heard of him since his playing days🤔.

17 hours ago, OddJob said:

I've got no problem with the fact they won (apart from the fact they only won 3-2 really 😉

Nope, should have finished 2-2. When they scored the 4th, there were some people on the pitch, I imagine that they probably thought that it was all over, well it fucking wasn't and play should have been stopped immediately. The referee and linesmen had an absolute shocker. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, don corleone said:

Nope, should have finished 2-2. When they scored the 4th, there were some people on the pitch, I imagine that they probably thought that it was all over, well it fucking wasn't and play should have been stopped immediately. The referee and linesmen had an absolute shocker. 

It should have finished 2-1 to the West Germans. Well and truly shafted by a combination of politics and the bitterness felt towards them because of WW2. 

• Upvote 1

Saw the queen on tele tonight, she's not long for this earth. 

hun meltdoon and a day aff work. Lovely!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Pele close to the final whistle 

Went to an evening thing with Pele a few years back.

Was awesome.

48 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Pele close to the final whistle 

He's got his drinking problem but I don't know it's that bad yet 

2 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Saw the queen on tele tonight, she's not long for this earth. 

hun meltdoon and a day aff work. Lovely!

Her funeral is actually going to be on a Saturday and no public holiday will be declared.

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Her funeral is actually going to be on a Saturday and no public holiday will be declared.

I'd just lob her into a skip.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The prime minister and the queen have agreed that the day of the state funeral will be a “Day of National Mourning.” This has also led to planning issues. The day will effectively be a bank holiday, although it will not be named as such. If the funeral falls on the weekend or an existing bank holiday, an extra bank holiday will not be granted. If the funeral falls on a weekday, the government does not plan to order employers to give employees the day off — the documents say that is a matter between employees and their staff.

She's got another 10 years in her, enough time for advances in science to keep her alive for ever.

I wonder if the queen has ever frigged herself off (probably with a diamond encrusted sceptre or an ivory shoe horn) 

Big Phil used to always kick about with his cum face on 

5 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I wonder if the queen has ever frigged herself off (probably with a diamond encrusted sceptre or an ivory shoe horn) 

Would have thought her Lady In Waiting did that.

9 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The prime minister and the queen have agreed that the day of the state funeral will be a “Day of National Mourning.” This has also led to planning issues. The day will effectively be a bank holiday, although it will not be named as such. If the funeral falls on the weekend or an existing bank holiday, an extra bank holiday will not be granted. If the funeral falls on a weekday, the government does not plan to order employers to give employees the day off — the documents say that is a matter between employees and their staff.

Sounds like she’s thinking about doing away with herself 

I wonder how she’d do it? (hang herself with a sapphire necklace or OD on baby swans, no doubt)