Wimbledon Tennis

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And all that in an era dominate by the 3 greatest male players ever to pick up a racquet. 

That his body failed him just as he'd overcome them and reached the summit is a cruel twist. That he's come back from that to be competing at any sort of high level shows the strength of both his character and his talent.

Well said . Murray has been brilliant to watch the past 14 years . Hopefully a few last hoorays left in him yet 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And all that in an era dominate by the 3 greatest male players ever to pick up a racquet. 

That his body failed him just as he'd overcome them and reached the summit is a cruel twist. That he's come back from that to be competing at any sort of high level shows the strength of both his character and his talent.

It was the worst possible timing.  He was miles clear at world number one and playing incredible tennis for about 9 months.  I was at the Australia Open just as his hip was deteriorating - could see he was playing in a lot of pain towards the end!

8 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Similarly watched it all last night but got mild deja vu half way through. Bit of a dick but I loved him 40+ years ago, it appealed to my fuck establishment young philosophy.

Now I'm older, I realised the philosophy was right the first time.

,Yeah that time he shouted at an umpire for a bad line call was really 'sticking it to the man'. 

• Dildo 1
10 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Murray will have to be told to retire. I think he's holding onto some unlikely miracle that he'll get back to his best. Feel sorry for the cunt the way he's moving about the court. 

Horrendous posting. 

Beat a player top 30 in the world a few days ago and he's enjoying himself. Why would someone tell him to retire? 

• Downvote 1

Aye. She's really talented. Looked like she just got a bit overwhelmed and maybe had a bit of a panic attack? Hopefully she's okay. 

A shame her run ended like that but hopefully it's the first of many runs in slams for her. She's great to watch and seems a nice, down to earth, ordinary lassie too. 

• 10 months later...
26 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

@Parklife Couple of pics from 2015 Didn't realise Djokovic was heading towards me but managed to get a quick snap of him. This was him on his way to warm up with Wvrinka(?) and I had a brilliant view of watching him go through his paces. 

DSC-0548.jpg
DSC-0594.jpg
DSC-0647.jpg
DSC-0654.jpg
DSC-0807.jpg

Brilliant. Can't beat live sport and being right in amongst it. Those seats look brilliant too.