Wimbledon Tennis

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Radacanu will win a few majors before her time is up.

In truth think she may go far here.

Incredible that she has won Wimbledon already.

Murray... I'm not sure what he is looking to gain. The body isn't the same way anymore and he deserves time with his family now. He has done incredibly well for British tennis.

Murray is doing what he loves doing. I'm not sure why folk seem desperate for him to retire, especially when he's playing really well. 

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I wouldn't say I'm desperate for him to retire. I also don't agree he is playing 'really well'.

I just think his body has been through so much he fully deserves his family time now.

I want him to go very very far in this tournament however cause I despise most within tennis barring him, Kyrgios and Tsitpas. 

Well he was in the final of a 250 tournament a couple of weeks ago and got injured at 1-1 in the final. He beat Kygios and Tsitsipas on route to that final. 

So I guess it all depends on your definition of what playing well for him is. 

Is he the best player in the world? No. Obviously not anymore. Is he still good enough to be top 20 and make a decent run in a Slam? Yes, especially at Wimbledon.

I think what he deserves is to do what he wants with his career and life and stop having to listen to folk telling him to retire, when he clearly doesn't want to. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So you're shitting out the bet you offered and now offering a different bet? 

I’ll take the original as well. £50. The thread doesn’t get much traffic so this post will stay around. 

Radacanu won’t win another major (major being one of the big 4) 

I take no pleasure in saying it btw 

17 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I’ll take the original as well. £50. The thread doesn’t get much traffic so this post will stay around. 

Radacanu won’t win another major (major being one of the big 4) 

I take no pleasure in saying it btw 

I'm not offering both. Only the original. 

24 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Murray looks like he's playing well, I think only Djokovic could've beaten a serving performance like that from Isner. I think Murray could do well at the US Open.

Agree. I think only Djokovic could've overcome isner on that court tonight. You'd give Rafa a bit of a chance and maybe Berretini the way he was playing before he got covid but isner was unreal. When he's serving like that, on a grass court, you need to play pretty much a perfect match. 

22 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Isner isn't a cunt, 

Disagree.