Wimbledon Tennis

I'm naive enough to belive that Andy wasn't cheating but he has had some questionable body growth during periods out of the game.

He's the only one of the three who really asks for drug testing transparency though.

One thing with him though is he always tended to show his off season training, that's not to say he hadn't taken anything but you could see the work there.  It would be devastating if it turned out he wasn't clean especially if others that are more obvious are still seen as clean athletes, with Murray there doesn't seem to be many red flags that flash with him going back over his career.

One thing with him though is he always tended to show his off season training, that's not to say he hadn't taken anything but you could see the work there.  It would be devastating if it turned out he wasn't clean especially if others that are more obvious are still seen as clean athletes, with Murray there doesn't seem to be many red flags that flash with him going back over his career.

Agreed.

That is probably the case for many of the top, old guard. Federer comes back from injuries, winning slams whilst serving quicker and running faster having barely made quarters prior to his injuries?! In his late 30s

I just don't see it with Federer, his game is based on ability and intelligence rather than brute strength or stamina.

He has just learned how to be more economical with his energy levels as time has went on as well.

Racquets have also evolved and may account for a percentage of why he's hitting the ball better.

I just don't see it with Federer, his game is based on ability and intelligence rather than brute strength or stamina.

He has just learned how to be more economical with his energy levels as time has went on as well.

Racquets have also evolved and may account for a percentage of why he's hitting the ball better.

If you're playing matches lasting 3-4 hours, you need a bit of stamina, regardless of what age you are! He was also moving around the court quicker.

That post is typical internet conspiracy theorist wank talk. Utterly deplorable and embarrassing .

Maybe so, but there's something not right about the fact both Nadal and Federer were on downward spirals and physically slowing down, yet have in recent times both miraculously recovered their top billing AND are defying the ageing process.

If the likes of Mike Newell or Noel Whelan, or even Paul Hartley or Barry Robson, had somehow rediscovered their peak form while seeing out the end of their career with us, I'm sure suspicions would have been rife.

Of course, it may just be that Federer and Nadal are the supreme athletes they undoubtedly are, but on the other hand...

What kind of downward spiral?They're barely ever out of the top 4. They're just brilliant, well conditioned players with great teams.

Federer went several years between winning majors. I think it was between 2012 and 2017. From 2012 he struggled to get past the QF in most tournaments. He suffered an 'injury' and was suddenly back romping the Australian open in early 2017. Moving around the court quicker than he ever had, hitting the ball harder than ever. Just what usually happens as you hot your mid to late 30s...

Federer went several years between winning majors. I think it was between 2012 and 2017. From 2012 he struggled to get past the QF in most tournaments. He suffered an 'injury' and was suddenly back romping the Australian open in early 2017. Moving around the court quicker than he ever had, hitting the ball harder than ever. Just what usually happens as you hot your mid to late 30s...

Don't diss the fed.

Ye ned.

• 1 year later...
Guest milne_afc
9 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Camilla Giorgi.

29 years old

Her fanny will be toughening with all the change of direction, particularly on the hard courts