Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Well there we have it, potentially another 2 to 3 years of Caledonia copy and pasting memes and the same Burns quote on here over and over again given Nicola Sturgeons comments last night about "aiming to hold another vote in the first half of the next term at Holyrood."

And that's COVID-19 dependent as well...

It's almost like she doesn't want independence and enjoys the status quo (loved rocking around the world).

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Well there we have it, potentially another 2 to 3 years of Caledonia copy and pasting memes and the same Burns quote on here over and over again given Nicola Sturgeons comments last night about "aiming to hold another vote in the first half of the next term at Holyrood."

And that's COVID-19 dependent as well...

It's almost like she doesn't want independence and enjoys the status quo (loved rocking around the world).

B9-F94878-9-F4-E-42-E1-B65-B-287699-AC8-

• Dildo 3
2 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

another 2 to 3 years of Caledonia copy and pasting memes and the same Burns quote on here over and over again given Nicola Sturgeons comments last night about "aiming to hold another vote in the first half of the next term at Holyrood."

Caledonia is a separatist spam bot.

Sturgeon "aiming" to hold a vote - she knows full well polls have consistently showed the public has no interest in a vote any time soon.

• 4 weeks later...

England are shitting it by having to relocate Trident from Scotland when we are independent.

They have nowhere to relocate the submarines to in England.

One answer is to ask nicely if Scotland can keep them where they are based and they will pay us to lease Subs to them :laughing:

Another answer is to move them to France or the USA.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
41 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

England are shitting it by having to relocate Trident from Scotland when we are independent.

One answer is to ask nicely if Scotland can keep them where they are based and they will pay us to lease Subs to them :laughing:

They dont want them anywhere near southern English cities in case anything goes wrong. 

My guess is they'll try to negotiate a lease on Faslane for 10 years or so as part of any independence negotiations and despite what they say, the SNP will acquiesce.

Westminster will then build a submarine base at Barrow-in-Furness or even on the southern shore of the Solway Firth.

• Downvote 1
53 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

I heard they were getting moved to the Bay of Nigg in the independent state of Grampian.

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

My guess is they'll try to negotiate a lease on Faslane for 10 years or so as part of any independence negotiations and despite what they say, the SNP will acquiesce.

Westminster will then build a submarine base at Barrow-in-Furness or even on the southern shore of the Solway Firth.

I've noticed your complete stabs in the dark always go into elaborate detail.  You're the Hats nostradamus. 

6 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I've noticed your complete stabs in the dark always go into elaborate detail.  You're the Hats nostradamus. 

I had 2 schoolmates who were apprentices at Rosyth Dockyard back in the early 80s (one of whom's journeyman was Bruce Watson who within 12 months would quit to join Big Country)

They said that all maintenance work on the nuclear subs was done there and never at Portsmouth or Plymouth because the MOD considered the risk of something going wrong was far too great....Edinburgh and Fife were considered expendable. Most of the nuclear sub fleet were built at Barrow....it was them that said that if Scotland ever went independent that the English would expand it into a full nuclear sub base

• Downvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Intelligent Englishmen now understand that Scottish independence should be inevitable;

https://www.monbiot.com/2021/05/11/breaking-point/

Great start and end to this article: -

Any residual argument for Scotland to stay within the United Kingdom meets its counter-argument in Boris Johnson. Westminster politics has always been the preserve of a remote enclave, on average massively richer and more privileged than those it claims to represent, especially in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. But now that they’re dominated by a prehensile ogre grabbing all that his donors will give him while queues at the foodbanks lengthen, why should anyone north of the border consent to be ruled by his insouciant decree?

We have never been closer and never further away. Remote technologies open up our living rooms to each other, but what we see behind the doors are different worlds: flaking plaster in one, £800-a-roll wallpaper in another.

I don’t believe England will address its manifold corruptions while our leaders can carry on like colonial viceroys, governing the four nations with ever decreasing consent. As the former nations of the UK embrace meaningful democracy, our preposterous, antiquated system will become ever harder to justify. It seems to me that political regeneration is impossible without the breakup of the union. We will begin to be good only when we stop trying to be great.

@Kittybrewster Loon

Do you understand this? 

I see the Rev Campbell has just announced Wings is done. I'm not surprised at all, given the election result, but while I found his abrasive manner to be as much a hindrance as an asset to the wider debate, there's no denying his forensic skills as a journalist. He called out a lot of lies and corruption from Unionists and Nationalists alike.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:32 PM, Ten Caat said:

They said that all maintenance work on the nuclear subs was done there and never at Portsmouth or Plymouth because the MOD considered the risk of something going wrong was far too great....Edinburgh and Fife were considered expendable.

Embarrassing rubbish!

Nowhere is expendable and the consequences of some accident are weighed up based on the affected population density.  This is of course hugely greater in places around eg Portsmouth than say Fife or Faslane.

The Scots love falsely portraying themselves as victims via these kinds of myths.  Its exactly like the huns reinventing their self-inflicted implosion as "our enemies tried to destroy us".  its all just pish.

I am sure the jobs and economic boost the nuclear submarine fleet beings would be very welcome anywhere in the UK, if it was down to local people and not the MOD / politicians to decide.

In any case, the UK has had nuclear weapons for about 70 years and has never had an accident or nuclear war* yet, so maybe we could relax a bit?

(*the lack of a nuclear war indicates the nuclear deterent functions as intended)

And to play devils advocate, would anyone really be that upset if edinburgh or fife blew up anyway?  Imagine the burning wreckage of tynecastle landing on the moon, there got to be a laugh in that somewhere!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
On 5/12/2021 at 12:43 PM, rocket_scientist said:

Intelligent Englishmen now understand that Scottish independence should be inevitable;

https://www.monbiot.com/2021/05/11/breaking-point/

Great start and end to this article: -

Any residual argument for Scotland to stay within the United Kingdom meets its counter-argument in Boris Johnson. Westminster politics has always been the preserve of a remote enclave, on average massively richer and more privileged than those it claims to represent, especially in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. But now that they’re dominated by a prehensile ogre grabbing all that his donors will give him while queues at the foodbanks lengthen, why should anyone north of the border consent to be ruled by his insouciant decree?

We have never been closer and never further away. Remote technologies open up our living rooms to each other, but what we see behind the doors are different worlds: flaking plaster in one, £800-a-roll wallpaper in another.

I don’t believe England will address its manifold corruptions while our leaders can carry on like colonial viceroys, governing the four nations with ever decreasing consent. As the former nations of the UK embrace meaningful democracy, our preposterous, antiquated system will become ever harder to justify. It seems to me that political regeneration is impossible without the breakup of the union. We will begin to be good only when we stop trying to be great.

What a load of pish, truly worthy of Monbiot "king of the pish".

Scotland is governed principally by holyrood and very poorly at that.

How much was george mobiot's wallpaper per roll?  FFS

• Dildo 1
On 4/26/2021 at 8:08 PM, Ten Caat said:

Russia used to lease sevastopol from ukraine, as its where their black sea fleet is based.  Eventually they realised it was cheaper just to annexe it, especially given many locals are pro-russia.

Talk on the herald this morning of partitioning scotland.  The tory voting borders and the west coast up to and including glasgow and firth of clyde to remain in union and the rest to decide for themselves.  Doubt any other part would cede, other than possibly orkney and shetland.

I would support this solution, everyone cant be happy of course, but more people probably get what they want in this outcome.  Both parts are still scotland of course, only politics has changed, not national identity.

It is workable. certainly we may need to look for other solutions that the binary yes/ no question.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Russia used to lease sevastopol from ukraine, as its where their black sea fleet is based.  Eventually they realised it was cheaper just to annexe it, especially given many locals are pro-russia.

Talk on the herald this morning of partitioning scotland.  The tory voting borders and the west coast up to and including glasgow and firth of clyde to remain in union and the rest to decide for themselves.  Doubt any other part would cede, other than possibly orkney and shetland.

I would support this solution, everyone cant be happy of course, but more people probably get what they want in this outcome.  Both parts are still scotland of course, only politics has changed, not national identity.

It is workable. certainly we may need to look for other solutions that the binary yes/ no question.

I'd propose a huge episode of house swap.

Send you and all the huns down to the tory heartlands you desperately want to live in and those that want to swap can and most definitely will.

Only problem I see with that is there wont be enough houses up here to cope with the demand. Might also have an adverse effect on English house prices, all those empty houses.

They know we treat refugees well up here though, be them Bangladeshi, Iraqi or English refugees. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Embarrassing rubbish!

Nowhere is expendable and the consequences of some accident are weighed up based on the affected population density.  This is of course hugely greater in places around eg Portsmouth than say Fife or Faslane.

The Scots love falsely portraying themselves as victims via these kinds of myths.  Its exactly like the huns reinventing their self-inflicted implosion as "our enemies tried to destroy us".  its all just pish.

I am sure the jobs and economic boost the nuclear submarine fleet beings would be very welcome anywhere in the UK, if it was down to local people and not the MOD / politicians to decide.

In any case, the UK has had nuclear weapons for about 70 years and has never had an accident or nuclear war* yet, so maybe we could relax a bit?

(*the lack of a nuclear war indicates the nuclear deterent functions as intended)

And to play devils advocate, would anyone really be that upset if edinburgh or fife blew up anyway?  Imagine the burning wreckage of tynecastle landing on the moon, there got to be a laugh in that somewhere!

Absolutely true

It is you who is talking shite. But you do that a fair bit on here

9 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

?. Hitting the crack pipe early today CS? 

10 hours ago, spamspamspam said:

They know we treat refugees well up here though, be them Bangladeshi, Iraqi or English refugees. 

Failed asylum seekers are not refugees.

What do you think of Nicola Sturgeon suggesting that Muslim religious festivals trump the law of the land?

Neither man temporarily released from custody was a muslim, (she seems to have made racist assumptions about them, based on their skin colour), but she seems to suggest that enforcement of the law should have been suspended because it is the muslim festival of Eid.

I think that is a very dangerous sentiment.

The law applies to everyone, always. 

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Absolutely true

No it isn't - rather the notion is an example of the inferiority complex which holds Scotland back.

The unionists among us need not fear, for the union is very safe in the hands of the SNP leadership. The Sturrell Mafia and their cult of woke sycophants are far too busy creating their version of Airstrip One to act upon - or even care about - such a fundamental constitutional change as independence.

I wonder how long it will be before their happy clappers catch on to the fact their mantra of "Vote SNP 1&2" has, for the second consecutive election, been detrimental to the numbers and actually strengthened the unionist contingent at Holyrood.

What we know for certain is we'll be getting another indyref2.  

It's been a bit weird recently.  Taking seriously those who've been taking in to the point that they genuinely believe Nicola Sturgeon and the Green as against Independence.   Perhaps in time Wings will return ( as every needy cunt does ) and pretend the Tories are pro-indy.  

Hopefully as Wings hits the bin the bonkers theories end.  

It's the worst look ever.  

COW. 

• Haha 1