Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fits this got to do with independence? 

You'd assume we'd have the ability to vote out incompetent governments such as this, when and as was agreed, upon gaining independence. 

The SNP are an incompetent shower of cunts who I wouldn't vote for if they didn't want independence, there are plenty folk who think like that. 

Pointing out how shite the SNP can be doesn't negate from valid points about independence. They are just another middle of the road, liberal party, with an independence twist. 

No sane person  would ever vote for this lot.

Probably excuses you then Consi.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Who do you vote for? Douglas Ross? 

Are you calling the majority of Scottish voters insane? 

They received 47.7% of the vote on a 63% turnout.  You could lump the Green voters in I suppose (they're not the full shilling either) but that still leaves you short

Guest milne_afc
7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Lovely. 

Keep shagging that Union Jack! 

Is he mad unionist because he’s arguing against the SNP?

Pretty sure @NEM voted yes in in 2k14

See where this is going?

11 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Every mistake the SNP make- we couldn't cope on our own. 

Every fuck up out of Westminster/England shagging us- we need this Union. 

This is easily flipped on its head.

Anything bad or cunty the current Westminster Government does - Means Independence is a great idea just .. because.

Anything good we get out of being in the union (E.G. over 40% of the working populations wages in Scotland being paid for by Westminster during Covid / more spending per head in Scotland than England due to the Barnett Formula) - Ignore. Or claim we would magically have it all anyway if independent.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

One of two ways IMO. 

They feared they were using the young vote IMO, because of their reliance on oil post independence, so the Green alliance strengthens that again. 

Many older people find the greens totally unpalatable and it could turn them off. 

It'll never happen as long as the BBC etc are allowed to report biased nonsense with impunity. 

Cunts lap it up

Well they've certainly lost my vote for independence until they give confirmation on their thoughts into how they want the oil and gas industry to go. 

I've got a big extension and 2 cars in my driveway to pay for you know. 

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I shall study the rig monkeys at work, and decide what one I want to embody the most. 

Shall I be the overly chirpy Glaswegian at 5AM? 

Shall I be the angry Teesider demanding food at all times? 

Or could I be the humble Aberdonian who tends to shirk away in these types of groups, but you know acts the big cunt on a night out? 

Many different personas. I have to observe 

You get all that at check in? 

Youve missed broad spoken Buckie banging on about fishing boats and turbos and confused degree qualified African who will walk into the cleaning cupboards looking for a pisser. 

8 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Scotland probably isn't capable of governing itself, to be fair.  But then again, England hasn't done a great job of it either. 

Get a proper country to do the governing... like France or Germany. 

You may jest but I've always thought we should sell Northern Ireland to the Yanks and let them sort all that out since they were always so keen to stick their beaks in.

5 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Well they've certainly lost my vote for independence until they give confirmation on their thoughts into how they want the oil and gas industry to go. 

I've got a big extension and 2 cars in my driveway to pay for you know. 

fuck the O&G industry, I've just bought a Tesla! :swear:

• Haha 2

So, since an actual independent country is off the table, why not just have an election to get a better overlord than the English?

We know England is shite... better than the Scots, obviously... but still really shite in global terms... so why not just have a list of ALL the countries that aren't Scotland or England, and you can just choose which one rules Scotland for you?

If you don't fancy a European state, like aforementioned France or Germany, there's a fuckton of African or Asian countries that could move in and take over. 

Somalia would be a step up, plus they'd bring new industries like Piracy and Kidnapping, to bolster the declining O&G. Can see a few of you lads being big in swashbuckling and abduction. 

And no-one's going to miss Sturgeon when this lad takes over. 

spacer.png