Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'll look for a link when I get time over the weekend. Can't mind where I read it. 

For the past 2 years Scotland has already generated around 100% of the power we need. There's no reason we shouldn't be building upon that and exporting it to Europe. The technology to enable this to be done more efficiently will come but we as a country should be investing in this as heavily as possible IMO. 

Where's the money coming from to invest? We'd be running at a huge deficit, we'd struggle to pay our old people pensions and benefits to the scroungers and disabled. Have we a huge sofa with dosh down the cushion?? If England closed the border you'd have Scots in Dinghies trying to reach Norway, I'm not even joking about that, we'd have no currency of our own and no one would lend us money. Even food banks would close as people wouldn't be able to afford to donate. Fucking mountains of rubbish and power cuts, the place would be apocalyptic. 

Just now, daytripping said:

Where's the money coming from to invest? We'd be running at a huge deficit, we'd struggle to pay our old people pensions and benefits to the scroungers and disabled. Have we a huge sofa with dosh down the cushion?? If England closed the border you'd have Scots in Dinghies trying to reach Norway, I'm not even joking about that, we'd have no currency of our own and no one would lend us money. Even food banks would close as people wouldn't be able to afford to donate. Fucking mountains of rubbish and power cuts, the place would be apocalyptic. 

Oh man ?

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Well explain or prove to me that Scotland has 25% of "Europe's wind"

You repeating it doesn't make it true or add validity to it either.

The wind must be very intelligent, it drops at the English border according to that map. 

People need only look at their power bills, surely everyone has had constant letters about price increases? Renewable's cost a fortune and are not reliable, the less we use conventional means the more power will cost. In the rush to go green we'll see old people dying in their homes as they won't be able to afford heating. That's this year, the future will only see worse.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, davieb said:

They do, at full capacity the line supplies 1.4 GW, which is the equivalent of one power station, a drop in the ocean compared to what Scotland exports to England

Hahaha, that's one fucking mega size Nuclear power station there!! 

Scotland produces expensive electricity, that's fact. This new line will actually save every household in Britain money as it's cheap, that's fact as well. Where will England go shopping for more? 

10 minutes ago, davieb said:

They do, at full capacity the line supplies 1.4 GW, which is the equivalent of one power station, a drop in the ocean compared to what Scotland exports to England

BTW, Google can be your friend but unlike you I'll rely on over 30 years knowledge of the industry. Windmills will kill old people should be the advertising slogan for the Nats/Greens, that's the fact of where their policies are taking us. Unaffordable energy. 

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

The wind must be very intelligent, it drops at the English border according to that map. 

People need only look at their power bills, surely everyone has had constant letters about price increases? Renewable's cost a fortune and are not reliable, the less we use conventional means the more power will cost. In the rush to go green we'll see old people dying in their homes as they won't be able to afford heating. That's this year, the future will only see worse.

Utterly clueless, the increase in your electricity bills is down to the wholesale price of electricity.

"Unfortunately, against this backdrop I am today alerting customers that global prices for fossil fuels, especially gas, are increasing at an unprecedented rate. Ultimately this will feed into all customer energy bills in the UK."

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/news-and-views/blog/energy-bills-are-rising-and-what-you-can-do-about-it

"Renewables cost a fortune" ... more bollocks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, daytripping said:

BTW, Google can be your friend but unlike you I'll rely on over 30 years knowledge of the industry. Windmills will kill old people should be the advertising slogan for the Nats/Greens, that's the fact of where their policies are taking us. Unaffordable energy. 

Mate, I've worked in the utilities sector for the past 20 years including as a systems analyst for both the national grid and BNFL, clueless fucker!

You think 1.4 GW is a lot, that tells me all I need to know ?

• Upvote 4

I'm surprised this thread still has legs... Barring a miracle, I see it as more of the same indefinitely; Sturgeon and Blackford bump their gums and air every possible grievance in parliament, intermittently waving a Krankie Karrot to their cult followers, then throwing in the occasional half-assed request for a Section 30... which is subsequently and comprehensively rejected by a UK PM with a comfortable majority, against whom the SNP has no leverage... then Sturgeon and her cronies return to grievance mode, backed up by the social Marxist nutters of the Greens, amidst a backdrop of nonexistent opposition. In the background, faint whispers from their faithful that "independence is inevitable" are occasionally heard.

*Rinse and repeat*

• Upvote 1
On 9/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, cheesepipes said:

Youve never been to black Africa have you Kelt? 

Morocco is my only African adventure. 

My Nordic skin doesn't fare too well under the hot sun, though... so it's not really a destination that appeals to me. 

Having said that, I've seen pictures of the place on my internet, and it doesn't look terrific. 

Locals there will happily pick up a gun and fight for independence from the white man, though... while the Scots won't even vote for that privilege. 

So, your Africans, emaciated and ignorant as they are... definitely a superior race to your Scots. 

??

10 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Michael Stewart's alright. 

Grew up a Hearts fan but seems to genuinely prefer us nowadays.

Hearts fans hate him.  

He was heard saying 'We' doing the commentary for the Rijeka game.

Aye, you're young as fuck man.  And you've a good brain inside your head.  Dinnae waste it.  Stay the fuck away from drugs and arseholes as best you can....   

You're ok to be a clown in your 20's but when you're 30 and doing that shit you're testing everyone's patience and starting to fail at life.

Advice from an auld cunt. ??

Aye ok Dierdre. 

14 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Michael Stewart's alright. 

Grew up a Hearts fan but seems to genuinely prefer us nowadays.

Hearts fans hate him.  

He was heard saying 'We' doing the commentary for the Rijeka game.

Aye, you're young as fuck man.  And you've a good brain inside your head.  Dinnae waste it.  Stay the fuck away from drugs and arseholes as best you can....   

You're ok to be a clown in your 20's but when you're 30 and doing that shit you're testing everyone's patience and starting to fail at life.

Advice from an auld cunt. ??

Couldn't disagree more.