Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

I'm surprised this thread still has legs... Barring a miracle, I see it as more of the same indefinitely; Sturgeon and Blackford bump their gums and air every possible grievance in parliament, intermittently waving a Krankie Karrot to their cult followers, then throwing in the occasional half-assed request for a Section 30... which is subsequently and comprehensively rejected by a UK PM with a comfortable majority, against whom the SNP has no leverage... then Sturgeon and her cronies return to grievance mode, backed up by the social Marxist nutters of the Greens, amidst a backdrop of nonexistent opposition. In the background, faint whispers from their faithful that "independence is inevitable" are occasionally heard.

*Rinse and repeat*

• Upvote 1
On 9/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, cheesepipes said:

Youve never been to black Africa have you Kelt? 

Morocco is my only African adventure. 

My Nordic skin doesn't fare too well under the hot sun, though... so it's not really a destination that appeals to me. 

Having said that, I've seen pictures of the place on my internet, and it doesn't look terrific. 

Locals there will happily pick up a gun and fight for independence from the white man, though... while the Scots won't even vote for that privilege. 

So, your Africans, emaciated and ignorant as they are... definitely a superior race to your Scots. 

??

10 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Michael Stewart's alright. 

Grew up a Hearts fan but seems to genuinely prefer us nowadays.

Hearts fans hate him.  

He was heard saying 'We' doing the commentary for the Rijeka game.

Aye, you're young as fuck man.  And you've a good brain inside your head.  Dinnae waste it.  Stay the fuck away from drugs and arseholes as best you can....   

You're ok to be a clown in your 20's but when you're 30 and doing that shit you're testing everyone's patience and starting to fail at life.

Advice from an auld cunt. ??

Aye ok Dierdre. 

14 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Michael Stewart's alright. 

Grew up a Hearts fan but seems to genuinely prefer us nowadays.

Hearts fans hate him.  

He was heard saying 'We' doing the commentary for the Rijeka game.

Aye, you're young as fuck man.  And you've a good brain inside your head.  Dinnae waste it.  Stay the fuck away from drugs and arseholes as best you can....   

You're ok to be a clown in your 20's but when you're 30 and doing that shit you're testing everyone's patience and starting to fail at life.

Couldn't disagree more. 

14 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I'll have nothing bad said about those great Moroccan people.

Abdessalam Benjelloun - Scored the winner in the Derby in to the Hibs end then ran the full length of the pitch back towards the Hearts fans goading them. 

God knows what he would have done if he wasn't stopped in his stride by Zibi Malkowski who was protecting the goal in front of the Hearts fans.

Probably battered them all I reckon.

I believe Aberdeen had a few of these silky fellows too......  Belabed and Zerouali. 

@Wester Hailes Skins

Yeah, probably. 

On 9/16/2021 at 1:31 PM, afc1903mad said:

I hate this stat when its dished out. Purely trying to disguise the true facts.

SNP got 47.7% of the constitutional vote with a 1.2% increase swing

Conservatives got 21.9% of the constitutional vote with a 0.1 decrease swing

Labour got 21.6% of the constitutional vote with a 1% decrease swing

Greens got 1.3% of the constitutional vote with a 0.7% increase swing

Lib Dems got 6.9% of the constitutional vote with  a 0.9% decrease swing

Its entirely plausible that SNP gain votes from the electorate that may not wish to vote SNP on their policies but is overridden by the desire to be an independent nation.

If that were able to be achieved, its plausible that then the SNP would have much weaker strength of support.

Good breakdown. It's also true that polling has shown, on many occasions, that around 33-40% of Labour voters are pro-independence. 

11 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Good breakdown. It's also true that polling has shown, on many occasions, that around 33-40% of Labour voters are pro-independence. 

Add to that the Greens and Alba who now have around 6-7 thousand members and had 44,000 votes in their first election despite no TV coverage or even a icon on ballot paper.

Its only going one way with the older dying out and the younger being able to see through the BBC bias on social media.

Makes you wonder what the likes of the BBC got off with when their were no smart phones around to highlight their lies.

Guest milne_afc
On 9/17/2021 at 11:18 PM, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Absolute rubbish.

@mods this is dangerous, unqualified opinion being passed off as advice to a vulnerable poster.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:00 PM, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Tasty boot please sir 

Care to explain? ?

5 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Add to that the Greens and Alba who now have around 6-7 thousand members and had 44,000 votes in their first election despite no TV coverage or even a icon on ballot paper.

Its only going one way with the older dying out and the younger being able to see through the BBC bias on social media.

Makes you wonder what the likes of the BBC got off with when their were no smart phones around to highlight their lies.

Again, it comes back to the blind faith so many have in the Krankie Kabal to deliver. She and her cronies have stuck steadfastly to the Section 30 order route, which in practice means relying on the permission of the very people whose rule you wish to escape from under. The logical fallacy of this aside, the practicality is that we are looking at a Tory victory in 2024 as a shoo-in, then barring an absolute miraculous turnaround for Labour, another Tory PM in 2029 as well. As long as a UK PM has a majority in Parliament and does NOT run on a manifesto pledge to allow such an order (and which UK PM would have their legacy be the end of their precious "Union"?!) there will be an indefinite impasse.

Bottom line, there won't be another referendum, unless the UK PM is legally compelled to accede to one. Martin Keating and many grassroots campaigners know this, yet one has to ask why they are doing what Sturgeon and co. should have been pursuing since June 2016? 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:18 PM, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fits this got to do with independence? 

You'd assume we'd have the ability to vote out incompetent governments such as this, when and as was agreed, upon gaining independence. 

The SNP are an incompetent shower of cunts who I wouldn't vote for if they didn't want independence, there are plenty folk who think like that. 

Pointing out how shite the SNP can be doesn't negate from valid points about independence. They are just another middle of the road, liberal party, with an independence twist. 

So you vote for a party purely because you agree with ONE thing they stand for? :rolleyes: 

Cringe :clangers2: 

• Upvote 2
Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

So you vote for a party purely because you agree with ONE thing they stand for? :rolleyes: 

Cringe :clangers2: 

Fuck’s wrong with that?

Not that he said that, anyway.

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Fuck’s wrong with that?

Not that he said that, anyway.

Because he is forever shouting about Tories and anyone who votes for/agrees with them every chance he gets whilst bigging up the SNP. Yet when it comes down to it, he doesn't actually agree much with the SNP at all, just a rabid independence lover who likes to criticise everyone else. 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

So it's my fault the parties in Scotland are generally shite? 

Ive also not voted for the SNP in the last two GE's. 

Get back in your box, you brutal cunt

The point is you lambast the Conservative party any chance you get, whilst championing a party that you only agree with on only one issue. So you don't have much more in common with the SNP than you have with the Conservatives which is the point I'm making. Idiot