Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Scotland doesn't have shit. 

It belongs to London. 

Kel1t if you're not aware of the situation in Great Britain of late it looks like 75% of our utility companies are going to go out of business, gas prices up over 200%, you'd think that would be great for us. Wrong. In the rush to clean energy we decided wind was the answer, it managed a paltry 9% of our needs, bad year for wind according to the experts, we now have to import gas, some even coming all the way from Russia. Who ever imagined our bills would go through the roof,  a cold winter will kill tens of thousands of old people who can't afford to buy power. 

The green folk said we didn't need Nuclear or coal, they also said pumping gas from our own doorstep was bad for the environment. We can thank the UK Govt for having controls so not all these rises can be passed on to the customer, in turn the companies can't now afford to supply houses, they're losing money providing it.

It's a shit storm, Germany have decided coal is the answer, mothballed power stations being brought back on line. Meanwhile folk on here last week said we didn't need the O & G Industry.

I'm with Bulb, they told me they only supplied renewable energy, they were the first with the begging bowl today saying they're going to fold soon. 

5 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Kel1t if you're not aware of the situation in Great Britain of late it looks like 75% of our utility companies are going to go out of business, gas prices up over 200%, you'd think that would be great for us. Wrong. In the rush to clean energy we decided wind was the answer, it managed a paltry 9% of our needs, bad year for wind according to the experts, we now have to import gas, some even coming all the way from Russia. Who ever imagined our bills would go through the roof,  a cold winter will kill tens of thousands of old people who can't afford to buy power. 

The green folk said we didn't need Nuclear or coal, they also said pumping gas from our own doorstep was bad for the environment. We can thank the UK Govt for having controls so not all these rises can be passed on to the customer, in turn the companies can't now afford to supply houses, they're losing money providing it.

It's a shit storm, Germany have decided coal is the answer, mothballed power stations being brought back on line. Meanwhile folk on here last week said we didn't need the O & G Industry.

I'm with Bulb, they told me they only supplied renewable energy, they were the first with the begging bowl today saying they're going to fold soon. 

I think you will find this isn't a devolved matter and entirely their fucking fault. 

5 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I think you will find this isn't a devolved matter and entirely their fucking fault. 

Every Country in Europe is being affected, to try and comply with green efforts we've had to turn to Russia who won't be giving a fuck about the climate, instead of getting the big Countries who are really the Worldwide problem we've got ourselves into a mess. We have gas here but are being forced into not using it by a lunatic fringe. I wonder if Patrick Harvie and his family will have to worry about the rising energy prices? will his mother be worried about turning her heating on this Winter, plenty in Great Britain will be. The nats have got into bed with him, one bad year with record low winds like this last year and what do we do?

If only we had a big sea full of the stuff and could drill for it.

9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Every Country in Europe is being affected, to try and comply with green efforts we've had to turn to Russia who won't be giving a fuck about the climate, instead of getting the big Countries who are really the Worldwide problem we've got ourselves into a mess. We have gas here but are being forced into not using it by a lunatic fringe. I wonder if Patrick Harvie and his family will have to worry about the rising energy prices? will his mother be worried about turning her heating on this Winter, plenty in Great Britain will be. The nats have got into bed with him, one bad year with record low winds like this last year and what do we do?

If only we had a big sea full of the stuff and could drill for it.

Sorry how many green MPs are there in your beloved Houses of Parliament? 

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

Sorry how many green MPs are there in your beloved Houses of Parliament? 

They're in control in Scotland, lunatic fringe at the wheel. 

They should be nowhere near the top seat, lunatic green fringes have got us into a Power crisis, in the future Russia could just turn supplies off if they get upset. Have greta and her green buds really thought it all through? they're making the situation worse. In Scotland we put them in charge.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, daytripping said:

They're in control in Scotland, lunatic fringe at the wheel. 

They should be nowhere near the top seat, lunatic green fringes have got us into a Power crisis, in the future Russia could just turn supplies off if they get upset. Have greta and her green buds really thought it all through? they're making the situation worse. In Scotland we put them in charge.

But all the decisions leading to this were made in England. 

2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

But all the decisions leading to this were made in England. 

The decisions were supposedly made by the Worldwide leaders at the behest of the Greens, those decisions have been shown to be wrong for Europe. the real polluters don't give a fuck, while us smaller nations comply they get worse. Greens should be nowhere near decision making, this is the tip of the iceberg. We're sliding into a abyss, will China and Russia clean up? no, they'll produce more while we need to shop from them. It's a broken policy, in Scotland instead of admitting it's making things worse we've promoted the greens to leadership. 

Surprising to hear that about Germany... they're sitting at just under 50% of energy needs being met by renewables. 

Regardless, the whole 'Independence for Scotland' thing is unworkable, since Scotland is a nation that has no capacity to govern itself... I don't know if it's an education thing, or just an innate cowardice in the Scottish people, but I think at this point it needs to be recognised and accepted that Scotland either needs to simply be merged as an English county, or look for a more competent master than London. Those are really the only two sensible options. 

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Surprising to hear that about Germany... they're sitting at just under 50% of energy needs being met by renewables. 

Regardless, the whole 'Independence for Scotland' thing is unworkable, since Scotland is a nation that has no capacity to govern itself... I don't know if it's an education thing, or just an innate cowardice in the Scottish people, but I think at this point it needs to be recognised and accepted that Scotland either needs to simply be merged as an English county, or look for a more competent master than London. Those are really the only two sensible options. 

Yeah sure they are, firing up coal fired power stations and paying whatever Russia decides is todays price for gas.

15 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Yeah sure they are, firing up coal fired power stations and paying whatever Russia decides is todays price for gas.

From what I can see online, the Germans periodically will demothball power plants at times of low renewable production or higher prices... seems like it's not a new thing. 

54 minutes ago, daytripping said:

We need new Nuclear power stations, it's the cleanest best value power long term, chances of getting them with the greens in power? chances of funding them with the nats in power? 

Once we have the Tokamaks up and running we'll be able to do away with coal, oil, and to a lesser extent solar and wind. 

Getting closer... 

36 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

From what I can see online, the Germans periodically will demothball power plants at times of low renewable production or higher prices... seems like it's not a new thing. 

Think Merkel took the decision after Fukushima to get rid of all nuclear in Germany. The shortfall was made up in part by coal.

15 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Think Merkel took the decision after Fukushima to get rid of all nuclear in Germany. The shortfall was made up in part by coal.

Nuclear might be cleaner, but when it goes wrong by fuck does it go wrong. 

Solar panel the Sahara, provide power for the entire planet. 

Nae cunt there, so we might as well utilise it. 

5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Nuclear might be cleaner, but when it goes wrong by fuck does it go wrong. 

Solar panel the Sahara, provide power for the entire planet. 

Nae cunt there, so we might as well utilise it. 

Nuclear's great- even when it goes as wrong as it possibly can, like Fukushima, barely anyone dies. Build a few more here, and top it up with some of that nice shale we've got under our feet. Job done.

32 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Nuclear's great- even when it goes as wrong as it possibly can, like Fukushima, barely anyone dies. Build a few more here, and top it up with some of that nice shale we've got under our feet. Job done.

I think I'm going to strongly disagree with that. 

This will be a nuclear winter for a lot of poor and old people, no sign of prices dropping. I don't think many people realise how bad this is going to get. When your fertiliser companies have to close as they can't afford to make the stuff the winter will just be the beginning, poor crops, huge price increases. This is what happens when you let a spoilt little rich brat have a say and a strong green movement. They don't think of the fallout or the damage they're doing, we should be pumping fuck out of our own resources, we can't. Greenpeace still waiting to attack anything happening at Cambo, to replace that gas with imported is just bizarre. The joint leaders of the Scottish assembly in agreement with them.

If Kelt had to pay what we're paying for his fuel and energy he'd soon change his tune, easy to be a scots lover living thousands of miles away.

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, daytripping said:

I used to be with Bulb but switched to People's Energy , they are going down the tubes too. Thankfully I have built up a fair bit of credit with winter coming. Looks like my credit will be honoured and got a message from British Gas saying they are taking over my account .

Think it is a grey area for some if the energy companies will honour the credit and not sure at this point what rate I'll get from British Gas , may have to shop around . Aye it's a cluster fuck 

11 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I think I'm going to strongly disagree with that. 

Fukushima went as wrong as you could imagine. Backup generators failed, meaning no cooling, three reactors had meltdowns, big explosions and radiation release. Guess how many confirmed deaths there have been so far? Go on...

... one.