Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

53 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Not sure an article from 3 years ago is concrete proof that Spain won't veto, alot has happened since then and we could be talking another 3/4 years before another vote.

Can understand you wanting to be ruled from another country but to make excuse after excuse for it is a bit weird.

Does your neighbours run your house or do you prefer doing it yourself?

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, caledonia said:

Can understand you wanting to be ruled from another country but to make excuse after excuse for it is a bit weird.

Does your neighbours run your house or do you prefer doing it yourself?

You obviously don't pay attention as I have stated on numerous occasions that I voted for independence and will do so again in the future. However I am also well aware of the utter shit show it will initially be due to reasons like Westminster being cunts about absolutely everything re independence and Scotland, IMO, not having a depth of 'good' politicians to get the things done that will need to be done following independence. 

And spare us the "Does your neighbours run your house or do you prefer doing it yourself?" crap, is it any different to the Central Belt deciding how the North East runs it own affairs or, if we head back into the EU (if allowed) then it having a say in how we run our house?

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Just that normally dogmatic unionists have someone in their family brainwashed into loving the Union. 

You obviously just like a wee scroll of Facebook. 

Not following you, are you saying just because I questioned a 3 year old article about Scotland being granted membership to the EU then I am a "dogmatic unionists"?

Do you think its a certainty that Scotland would be granted membership to the EU if we become independent?

26 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Not following you, are you saying just because I questioned a 3 year old article about Scotland being granted membership to the EU then I am a "dogmatic unionists"?

Do you think its a certainty that Scotland would be granted membership to the EU if we become independent?

Scotland would need to join a que to rejoin the EU and be able to meet certain criteria before being admitted even if Spain did'nt veto re-entry.Mixed messages coming from Spain.

Would there be a referendum to rejoin the EU ?

Unlike Consi to stereotype people.

16 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

When you join forces with Joe Pikey I assume the worst of a man. Guys a moron. 

I retract my assumption and apologise. 

15 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

"Unlike Consi to stereotype people" 

Some self awareness, stoopid, please. 

Haha you're a cracker Consi.

You are the moron complaining everyday about how life's unfair and you're stuck in a dead end job .Get off your arse ,stop feeling sorry for yourself and make something happen.You never know you could end up throwing mars bars with Cheesers .

At least I did'nt crack up over a weekend posting pages of shit on here then beg to get the posts removed.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

You obviously don't pay attention as I have stated on numerous occasions that I voted for independence and will do so again in the future. However I am also well aware of the utter shit show it will initially be due to reasons like Westminster being cunts about absolutely everything re independence and Scotland, IMO, not having a depth of 'good' politicians to get the things done that will need to be done following independence. 

And spare us the "Does your neighbours run your house or do you prefer doing it yourself?" crap, is it any different to the Central Belt deciding how the North East runs it own affairs or, if we head back into the EU (if allowed) then it having a say in how we run our house?

NE is not a country or have i missed something.

so how does voting for the Tories get you independence 

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Scotland would need to join a que to rejoin the EU and be able to meet certain criteria before being admitted even if Spain did'nt veto re-entry.Mixed messages coming from Spain.

Would there be a referendum to rejoin the EU ?

Unlike Consi to stereotype people.

I'm not at all sure that the former communist bloc countries that were allowed to join the EU (i'm thinking more the Baltic states,  Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria rather than Czechia/Slovakia/Poland) didn't meet the criteria when they were brought in. Although it may have been seen as a worthwhile trade off (bribe) to ensure they stayed away from the ever growing influence of Russia once more.

The SNP stated position is to apply to join the EU as soon as is practical once independence is achieved. If/once a referendum date is set, I'm sure that in the manifesto they'll publish prior to that and campaign on.....rejoining the EU would be part of that officially. But they could add an option in the referendum ballot paper asking all voters to indicate if they would want Scotland to apply for EU membership in the event that a majority for independence is achieved. 

EDIT....Spain has been very vocal in stating that Scotland shouldn't be allowed to rejoin the EU but that's more to discourage the Catalonians in their country from holding an independence referendum of their own (they might be more reluctant to do so if an independent Catalonia weren't going to be granted almost automatic admission to the EU). But the last EU president ( I forget who it was) was quite categorical that an independent Scotland would be welcomed into the EU. Maybe more as a two fingered salute to England for having the audacity to vote to leave the EU than actually really wanting us in.

13 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Like I said Caley.

There are just as many quotes giving the opposite view.

France and Germany are the puppet masters and financial backers of the EU and they are now cutting back the handouts.They have been left to pick up the bill with the U.K. dropping out.

The EU golden goose has stopped laying.

1 hour ago, caledonia said:

so how does voting for the Tories get you independence 

Can ask the same question about voting for the SNP, what is it 14 years in power and we are still no closer to independence now as we were back in 2007.

Some might argue that Nicola Sturgeon is happy having Westminster to blame at every opportunity and does not actually relish the prospect of Independence.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Can ask the same question about voting for the SNP, what is it 14 years in power and we are still no closer to independence now as we were back in 2007.

Some might argue that Nicola Sturgeon is happy having Westminster to blame at every opportunity and does not actually relish the prospect of Independence.

Cant argue with that.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:44 AM, Joe pike said:

Okay.

So what are you willing to give up?

That's a terrific question. 

I'd be willing to give up all but one on-road vehicle, go off grid and use zero externally created energy, grow at least half my own food up to about 90% of self-sufficiency, raise and supply meat animals, create a space for the little critters of nature to thrive on my property, make my own furniture, run 'How to be less useless' workshops for people who are useless, and organise local neighbourhoods into efficient anarcho-syndical trading communes. 

All I need are a few chickens, some solar panels and wind turbines, a horizontal bandsaw, and approximately 20 cushions. 

An initial investment of under 20k, and I could literally... LITERALLY... form a society in my own image. 

I'll also need a guitar, and access to your wives and daughters. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

That's a terrific question. 

I'd be willing to give up all but one on-road vehicle, go off grid and use zero externally created energy, grow at least half my own food up to about 90% of self-sufficiency, raise and supply meat animals, create a space for the little critters of nature to thrive on my property, make my own furniture, run 'How to be less useless' workshops for people who are useless, and organise local neighbourhoods into efficient anarcho-syndical trading communes. 

All I need are a few chickens, some solar panels and wind turbines, a horizontal bandsaw, and approximately 20 cushions. 

An initial investment of under 20k, and I could literally... LITERALLY... form a society in my own image. 

I'll also need a guitar, and access to your wives and daughters. 

I watched them programmes too. 

37 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

I watched them programmes too. 

And how ready are you to face a Lights Out type situation?

I'm sure you're a tasty lad in a scrape, but short of selling your body to armed gangs of rampant Africans for their pleasure, what's the plan for survival?

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ive never backed away from anything once Ive set my mind to it A real stubborn mofo me.

Yes 

THAT is the fucking spirit, my friend. 

YES is ALWAYS the correct answer to "Could you..."

99% of getting shit done is getting shit done, and the other 1% is knowing what the fuck you're doing... and there's nothing* you can't learn as you go along.

This has been my Ted Talk. 

* Aside from maybe football management @StephenGlass

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Keeping the immune system healthy to fight off infection is a conspiracy theory?

Off the meds again? Maybe time for another break 

Selfish cunts like you and joe pike who suck the English cock at every opportunity should just fuck off and stay in your beloved England.

What a sad way to go through life hating every thing Scottish because praising anything would go against your bed wetting unionism.

648-EC2-B6-B45-B-4-BC1-8400-D4-B40-F707-

• Upvote 3
34 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Selfish cunts like you and joe pike who suck the English cock at every opportunity should just fuck off and stay in your beloved England.

What a sad way to go through life hating every thing Scottish because praising anything would go against your bed wetting unionism.

The SNP have already achieved 3 out 4 of the above.

If they could fukc up the weather they would.

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

That's not all you believe. Don't kid on. Having a healthy immune system to fight illness is totally fine, coupled with a vaccine it should stand you in good stead should you catch the potentially deadly virus.  There's a reason you're not taking it beyond that, you've been sucked in. 

As for that second comment, I've clearly touched a nerve for someone to get so personal. 

Just you keep being a 'free thinker.' 

I've had the vaccine Consi but it's undeniable that no one can possibly know the long term effects.

Why are kids only getting one dose of Pfizer if 2 doses offers full protection?

1 hour ago, caledonia said:

What the fuck are you on about you gluepot? ?

Is every single thing in your life related to your anti English bigotry? My post had fuck all to do with unionism 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3