Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Realistically, Scotland shouldn't be an independent country, or even viewed AS a country at this point. 

Spot on.  The political class in Scotland are a fucking joke

Five years ago I was keen on Independence, remain in EU, and an identification with leftist reform

But here we are today, the political landscape has been turned upside down, and ideologically i now have more in common with backbench Tories in Westminster than that shower of shite in Holyrood

Crazy times

• Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...
On 3/2/2022 at 6:18 PM, redstrummer said:

This will right off the table now for years to come , unfortunately.

Myself and many others were slated back in 2016 for suggesting that the SNP leadership's lack of urgency on independence was not down to apprehension after having lost in 2014 (indeed, some critics on both sides of the debate suggested, not without merit, that Sturgeon and her cohorts were behaving as if they won the vote) but rather an inclination towards feathering their own nest. I remain resolutely behind my view that the Sturgeon and Murrell team will never deliver independence.

Looking at the wider picture, it's a lucrative gig for the FM, this devolution status quo; Scotland hasn't voted Tory since the 1950's and never will again, whilst Labour are both tarred and feathered for their "Better Together" alliance and unelectable. All the SNP have to do is dangle a carrot at every election cycle and they win-win, by way of a cushy number for careerists, whilst never actually having to move their arse to make good on the Party's one-time MO. 

I'll even go a step further and say that, barring an unforeseen miracle, there will be a United Ireland before an independent Scotland. I will be happy to be proved wrong.

• 1 month later...

So, as we approach the halfway point in 2022, where is the oracle (sorry, FM) in her eternal quest for interdependence? Does anyone seriously believe her latest horse shit, that there will be another referendum in 2023? Just another Krankie Karrot being dangled before the local elections:-

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20081000.scottish-independence-nicola-sturgeon-says-vote-2023-still-realistic/

As things stand, Sinn Fein are in a prime position to be the largest party in NI, as they were (albeit only just) in the Republic's last election. At this rate, a United Ireland looks more likely to happen before an independent Scotland, if indeed the latter ever happens, which looks way off now.

The Sturgeon happy clappers only have themselves to blame, for they were well warned.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

So, as we approach the halfway point in 2022, where is the oracle (sorry, FM) in her eternal quest for interdependence? Does anyone seriously believe her latest horse shit, that there will be another referendum in 2023? Just another Krankie Karrot being dangled before the local elections:-

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20081000.scottish-independence-nicola-sturgeon-says-vote-2023-still-realistic/

As things stand, Sinn Fein are in a prime position to be the largest party in NI, as they were (albeit only just) in the Republic's last election. At this rate, a United Ireland looks more likely to happen before an independent Scotland, if indeed the latter ever happens, which looks way off now.

The Sturgeon happy clappers only have themselves to blame, for they were well warned.

Sturgeons more interesting in grandstanding and pushing for blokes to use wifeys bogs than an independence vote. She knows if she were to lose it her career in the limelight’s over 

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, NEM said:

Sturgeons more interesting in grandstanding and pushing for blokes to use wifeys bogs than an independence vote. She knows if she were to lose it her career in the limelight’s over 

The transactivist brigade are extremist nutjobs who, in their dangerous sense of delusion and entitlement, think their "feelz" trump millions of years of evolutionary biology. Hence why we have mediocre male athletes trouncing elite female ones, ignoring why women have their own sporting categories to begin with. 

We need leaders with a backbone to stand up to woke nutters like Sturgeon. Biological males who use women's toilets are faggots with a mental illness, end of. Biological males who infiltrate women's sports are cowards who can't compete fairly, end of. 

As a side note NEM, while I don't think a Yes vote and/or independence is inevitable yet, I'd proffer that it's hard to see how the No side could win again, in a fair contest. Not only did they shoot their bolt last time, throwing everything but the kitchen sink, the circumstances since 2014 have only further served to highlight - and even enhance - both the democratic deficit and the ideological divergence between Scotland and England. I am still of the view that the Tories are a shoo-in for the 2024 election, regardless of who leads them, while barring a miracle they will likely win in 2029 again, ushering in a quarter of a century of Tory rule we never voted for. 

That said, the utter failure to capitalise on this - and the relative flat lining of the Yes support since 2015 - is a terrible indictment on the Sturgeon era. She and her cohorts are no more than careerist chancers and SJW activists, for whom the SNP are, like New Labour before them, nothing more than a lucrative meal ticket.

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

That said, the utter failure to capitalise on this - and the relative flat lining of the Yes support since 2015 - is a terrible indictment on the Sturgeon era. She and her cohorts are no more than careerist chancers and SJW activists, for whom the SNP are, like New Labour before them, nothing more than a lucrative meal ticket.

So, if yer nae keen on Sturgeon who would you like to lead us into the land of milk and honey? 

9 hours ago, sigh said:

So, if yer nae keen on Sturgeon who would you like to lead us into the land of milk and honey? 

That's just it - the constitutional debate is centred on who is best equipped to decide Scotland's destiny; we either stick with the status quo, or choose another path as a smaller, but arguably more autonomous, entity. The main figurehead should be irrelevant, as the case should be strong enough as to transcend the cult of personality.

The idea of independence is fraught with risk, that is true, and equally true is that just as much uncertainty lies at the heart of it, as it did in 2014. For one thing, the European question is far from unanimous.

On the other hand, the case for the Union is weaker than in 2014, as it continues to be London/SE-centric, to the detriment of the remainder of the country. The UK is also a country whose influence in the world has been in terminal decline for decades. Devolution may have brought some benefits, but clearly it doesn't mitigate the incompetence of a succession of WM governments, the majority of whom Scotland did not vote for.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

All politicians are cunts. Not a single one deserves oxygen. Scotland should be independent because we are politically estranged from England. Pointless us even voting in a UK election as it doesn't matter who we vote for, England will give us whichever arseholes they want.

Long and short of it. 

I do still think there are some naive cunts who are genuinely trying to do good, but can't in our electoral system. They make up about 1%. 

Scottish people are naturally subservient and I've never been surer that we won't be an independent nation. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Half of our country take pride in being dictated to by another nation, it's literally their identity. 

English Supervisor at the Airport.... "hey, pretty boy, get off your fucking phone and get into cubicle 3, welded on shitstain explosion."

CCB III...."Sorry boss, right on it" 

• Haha 4